Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687560 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2985 on: November 20, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »

All wrong. A hundred locals going into the desert on horses and a hundred different locals coming out on camels.
And then you look behind you, and there's a hundred heads rising out the sands, sinuous tongues tasting the air and hunger in their stare.

BAD END
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:32 am »

Ok I know this is very controversial but...

Why does Adventure Time Suck so bad?

To my knowledge the creator didn't leave... he just stepped down as creative leader to a minor writing role... So there is no reason for the show to hit the seasons and seasons of bad episodes, depression, sloppily handled character development, and terrible handling of continuity... Not to mention really dumb developments.

And don't get me wrong... I don't mean "Why isn't Adventure time as good as season 1"... I mean... "Why is Adventure time currently bad?"... And I don't even have an issue with the filler either (which I didn't notice... then again many of the best episodes of the show were one shots that had no effect on the story beyond its episode)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:59:44 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: November 21, 2016, 10:10:29 am »

Ok forget that question (though I'd love an answer anyhow) How about this one

I have Exema and unfortunately it has aggravated to the point where I have rashes all along my legs, ass, and back... Even my arms and my hands.

Is there a good way I should be treating this?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 21, 2016, 10:25:39 am »

I kinda think that a dermatologist would have a better answer to that then Bay12.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 21, 2016, 10:52:34 am »

Probably papaw ointment.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: November 21, 2016, 10:58:29 am »

A dermatologist or general practictioner could perscribe several creams, I've had to use a steroid cream in the past on particularly bad dry/cracking skin that worked well. An standard moisterizing cream would probably help relieve it to a degree as well, if you wanted to try that first. I think you want to use it after a shower while still damp, to seal in the moisture, but the pharmacist could possibly chat with you and help you figure it out.

Edit: should note I am not a doctor etc. etc. etc.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: November 23, 2016, 09:27:21 pm »

Has anybody on Bay12 used Shapeways to print something, specifically in the "strong and flexible" plastic? If so, would you trust it to make a pair of perscription eyeglass frames?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 23, 2016, 09:49:28 pm »

Haven't used shapeways myself, but I wouldn't trust plastic at all tbh. Titanium's the way to go for glasses frames, in my experience, or at least the shape-memory alloys involving it. Bit more expensive on the initial investment, but I've had the frames I've got at the mo' for like a decade or something now, occasionally swapping in new lenses, whereas back when I did wear other kinds (plastic included), I'd be lucky if they survived a year. Memory metal ftw, yo'. Slept on 'em (regularly), stepped on 'em (unintentionally, obviously enough), pretty sure they've been run over at least once, etc., etc., etc., and the only things that have broke were the lenses and the nose bits that need replacing occasionally anyway. Bloody things are like the old school gameboy of eyeglass frames.

... that said, it does look like they've got the option, so... maybe check and see if there's reviews or summat?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: November 23, 2016, 11:05:34 pm »

Why is it that moisturizer that works on REALLY REALLY bad skin... Stings?

I know it isn't the moisturizer that is doing the stinging...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 23, 2016, 11:37:03 pm »

Speaking as someone who gets really, really bad skin in cold weather (on my hands only, thankfully), one possible cause is that if your skin is cracking (badly enough that you bleed, at any rate) the moisturizer is getting into all the little cuts and stinging, as little cuts are wont to do when they have stuff rubbed into them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2995 on: November 25, 2016, 01:03:15 pm »

My parents refuse to let me buy Portal on Steam-PC, so I have to get a PlayStation or an Xbox. Which one is better? (I have younger siblings who would use it too.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 25, 2016, 01:04:29 pm »

My parents refuse to let me buy Portal on Steam-PC, so I have to get a PlayStation or an Xbox. Which one is better? (I have younger siblings who would use it too.)
Why the heck not?  :o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: November 25, 2016, 01:04:45 pm »

Is there a legal way to watch old Top Gear on the web? I found plenty of youtube uploads, but they are framed and the sound is generally higher, which makes the voices funny (even more funny in Hammond's case, heh).
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2998 on: November 25, 2016, 01:06:39 pm »

Why the heck not?  :o
"Oh, you spend too much time on that computer." So evidently the solution is for me to spend more time on an Xbox instead.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: November 25, 2016, 01:08:19 pm »

Is there any way they'd know if you bought it on the sly?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 637