Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130

Author Topic: Atheism/Religion Discussion  (Read 180973 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism/Religion Discussion
« Reply #1725 on: December 22, 2012, 03:02:29 pm »

i'm not quite sure what you mean? do you mean me saying those are things they could add or someone beliving those are true to be right?

Just saying, your faith blinds you so much that the strawmen you fight against are actually valid arguements.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 22, 2012, 03:05:13 pm »

How can you be sure that you talked with God? Not with a part of you mind? Not with some other spirit? Not with a demon? Not the Satan himself? Don't be so proud of your praying abilities.  We can't know the source of our "own" thoughts. That's a sad truth

Which version of the Bible? How do you know it was written by God and not Satan? How do you know Thecard is not actually speaking with God?

Following a book blindly, instead of your conscience, is a horrible way to go.
I totally understand that the book is terribly corrupted. And that it is very multilevel complex manual, so you need to use your mind to decipher it. As for how I know who wrote it. I don't. I believe
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 22, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

So "my faith blinds me" what proof do you have? what makes yours "over mine"

How are they valid?

you cant prove them and even if you use those, I can use an equal amount of things aginst the idea that all prayer is is your own throughts

and its not a "stwar man" its showing him he is shortten his own becuse its simple, I can do that to

The fact is both sides have COUNTLESS things we need to consider and can t possible even think of right now

its also a valid point that God MAY exist, so there is no reasson to say becvuse he MAY exist means he dont, so that question works for both sides
the idea he lvoes all? again for your side to be the "Simplest" this has to be untrue, so once again this has to be exsplained as yes or no on BOTH sides

You cant go

its God talking

list evrey single thing possible

its not God: and then "ignore" the ones that ALSO go to this one
\
they are valid augments, but in till we answer them they can work for EITHER side, they are not just used for one side, you to have to disprove god, because if there is a God then there is a chance that it IS him
and then you have to disprove he loves everyone

your simplifying your side because you want it to be the simplest, I'd say its you who is bined blinded here, at least I admit, that those aguments can affect EITHER side depinding on what is the awnsert to them
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 22, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »

My source for knowing you're blinded by your faith: being an ex-Jew with depth of faith in the religion you claim to be a representative of. Your "arguements" are nonsense, friend. Hence why I'm not even bothering to give you an articulated response.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 22, 2012, 03:12:10 pm »

No they are not, tell me why would the agument "dose God exist" coutn aginst us but not you?
if the awnser is yes, then it HELPS our case and not yours, and therefor it depends on the awnser to these, yes or not

and guess what? I'm an x atheist and I say the same about you, unlike you i KNOW that dont make me right and dont claim to have any proof but you are

"being "x" anything dont prove nothing, unless it helps my case to? but if it dont, wont that mean YOUr the one who is blind since your counting you being an x faith as being "proof" but me being an x non beliver dont count?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:14:31 pm by Wolfy »
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 22, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »

I'm sorry, but please, type more slowly/carefully. It requires considerable effort just to read.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »

Your "arguements" are nonsense, friend. Hence why I'm not even bothering to give you an articulated response.

It's fun when religious people can't get over their own lack of knowledge [of their own faith] and resort to unintelligible slamming on the keyboard.

Before you respond: You have to prove a single claim of yours before you ask myself or anyone else for proof, kiddo.

Edit: Sure, I sound like a prick, but this circular discussion has been going for 20+ pages and it's obnoxious.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:22:04 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #1732 on: December 22, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »

God ought to consider a new marketing/PR team.  ;D
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 22, 2012, 03:24:50 pm »

I'm not typing fast at all sadly.

Its going to take you effort no matter what I do, unless I use real simple words, and its just not possible in a topic like this. (before you say it, the ones in this post ARE the simple words)

I realize that its hard and I'm sorry for that, but I'm not speeding through or anything

but to atempt to make it more clear as best as I can in simple words as possible

God dose he exist? They claim that this is a question that needs to be answered that makes the "God path" more complicated, how ever,  if the answer is yes, then its not, and it affects yours, if God exists then you HAVE to add the question "Could he be the voices in our heads at time?" if the answer is yes then again you have to add more, to put shortly, for Eyre question of if there is a God in our heads it adds a question to BOTH sides.

I should point out i DONT believe god dose this, the bible shows Gods communication other ways far more often

Dang this was hard to type.... hard to replace so many words... not sure if it gets the full effect  with such small words, and the big words that where needed I cant use..

Sure, I sound like a prick, but this circular discussion has been going for 20+ pages and it's obnoxious.

so you open a thread that is ALL about that and you... dont want to read these things? its obnoxious to you? Then why open the thread? thats what this thread is ABOUT
you have no one to blame but your self then.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:27:57 pm by Wolfy »

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 22, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »

So what happens when neither party can back up their claim?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 22, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

so you open a thread that is ALL about that and you... dont want to read these things? its obnoxious to you? Then why open the thread? thats what this thread is ABOUT
you have no one to blame but your self then.

No, it's mostly the fact that you're posting every two posts with unverified and unsourcable claims that you seem to think are fact, and lambasting it on anyone that comes across. This isn't your topic to grandstand your blind religious beliefs, kid.

So what happens when neither party can back up their claim?

Once again, prove any of your claims and I'll give you a real discussion. But you can't because you're woefully ignorant.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 22, 2012, 03:39:19 pm »

No, it's mostly the fact that you're posting every two posts with unverified and unsourcable claims that you seem to think are fact, and lambasting it on anyone that comes across. This isn't your topic to grandstand your blind religious beliefs, kid.
you will see in evrey post that i can i post I admit that i CANT prove these, that right here shows me your not even trying to read my posts you see a christian on here and go "oh boy he is forcing his beliefs"
I have said mutpile times this is what I belive, as for why I'm every two post, excused people keep talking to me, am I just to "stop" because you, out of all those asking things or responding to me dont like the fact I, like them am posting?
also, I'm not "blind" I've said it a billion times, I could be wrong, a frog could be God, i may have the wrong God
that by definition makes me "not blind"

As for "unverified and unsourcable claims" neither side is doing that because you CANT have those in this type of talk, it's why this topic has raged for eons and will rage in till we can.

if your expecting them then you come to the wrong thread, no of us can "verified" there is no God or because its "Simpler" that it is the truth or that what we think is "simpler" is truly simpler

so last time, grow up and read the at least ten or some times I've admited I cant prove belifes, I may be wrong about them, and they are not facts, and then come back and tell me "I'm blind"

I also like it you make claims about me not doing sources etc, with out any sources, that's the DEFINITION of irony

Once again, prove any of your claims and I'll give you a real discussion. But you can't because you're woefully ignorant.
Sooo when have you EVER proved any of your claims? oh that's right... never.

Your the one who is ignorant, I said multiple times that i admit I could be wrong, you ignore that and claim I'm claiming I'm right and every one else is wrong

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:42:54 pm by Wolfy »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 22, 2012, 03:41:29 pm »

you will see in evrey post that i can i post I admit that i CANT prove these, that right here shows me your not even trying to read my posts you see a christian on here and go "oh boy he is forcing his beliefs"
I have said mutpile times this is what I belive, as for why I'm every two post, excused people keep talking to me, am I just to "stop" because you, out of all those asking things or responding to me dont like the fact I, like them am posting?
also, I'm not "blind" I've said it a billion times, I could be wrong, a frog could be God, i may have the wrong God
that by definition makes me "not blind"

As for "unverified and unsourcable claims" neither side is doing that because you CANT have those in this type of talk, it's why this topic has raged for eons and will rage in till we can.

if your expecting them then you come to the wrong thread, no of us can "verified" there is no God or because its "Simpler" that it is the truth or that what we think is "simpler" is truly simpler

so last time, grow up and read the at least ten or some times I've admited I cant prove belifes, I may be wrong about them, and they are not facts, and then come back and tell me "I'm blind"

I also like it you make claims about me not doing sources etc, with out any sources, that's the DEFINITION of irony

Being an awful troll really does make it easier to ignore your silly unrelated rambles, friend.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 22, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »

I'd say its you who is trolling, my freind, I'm getting back on topic because guess what?
Its not against the law for me to have a topic like this, I break no rules, have fun being annoyed or just don't read choice is up to you, if you keep this up then its just you attempting to troll

the sec the other side starts proven their claims God is not real and he cant be real is the sec I start

The fact is neither side is cause neither side can, we cant prove or disprove God right now, we can only believe

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 22, 2012, 03:51:26 pm »

WHY CAN'T YOU SPELL "DOES"?!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130