Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130

Author Topic: Atheism/Religion Discussion  (Read 180905 times)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism/Religion Discussion
« Reply #1740 on: December 22, 2012, 03:53:29 pm »

Because it and the other one look the same to me when I read, no matter how much I proof read it will look the same, and spell check don't say its wrong

I'm sorry for it truly I am, just like how I cant say Sh or what not in real speech, but just like that there is not MUCH I can do about it, more so over night it takes time 9and I've been doing this for over two decades so I doubt another extra day, week or  month will make it pop in place
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: December 22, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

How about a spellchecker? Copy the words and paste them into Word. It'll probably get most of them.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: December 22, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »

but dose is not "slept" wrong, its spell as another word, now some ARE wrong, but its often because of no matter how hard I try to spell it it either
A. don't come up with any word close to what I have in mind
B. looking over the thing as much as I do and as much as I have to write to keep up with the pace of the thread I miss some reds.

I cant fix a spelling if its slept right but wrong word unless there is some thing i have not heard about that dose it, but spell checker on chrome dont
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: December 22, 2012, 04:00:29 pm »

I didn't understand any of that.
My tumblr.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: December 22, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »

but dose is not "slept" wrong, its spell as another word, now some ARE wrong, but its often because of no matter how hard I try to spell it it either
A. don't come up with any word close to what I have in mind
B. looking over the thing as much as I do and as much as I have to write to keep up with the pace of the thread I miss some reds.

I cant fix a spelling if its slept right but wrong word unless there is some thing i have not heard about that dose it, but spell checker on chrome dont

thats my point, I'm using a spell checker right now, nothing is spelled wrong (other then dont for some odd reason...but I've been told countless time that one dont "really matter" and seen it used that way by guys who are good spellers so meh

So you did not understand any of that my spell checker on chrome shows no mistakes, what more can I do?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: December 22, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

Less run-on sentences would be helpful. So would more capitalization.
My tumblr.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: December 22, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

How dose capitalization affect anything? I mean sure it can be better but it don't change the meaning of a word or anything...
an example

how dose capitalization affect anything? i mean sure it can be better but it don't change the meaning of a word or anything...

there the same...

I'll give you periods and what not but I cant figure out where to put them and when I do I'm always told it makes it worse as I put them in the wrong spot.

Here is me trying to put periods where I think they go, I'm not sure or close to sure of when to put them, commas I tend to do better on but oftten they can get in the way to and instead of making it hard to read. By not having them i end up 100% changing the meaning of my subject. By putting them in the wrong place

you know those ones where the comma is taking out and makes you look bad? mine tends to be the opposite, i say something like "dumb". and due to a comma they think I'm calling them dumb when I'm not.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:44 pm »

Capitalization and punctuation will make us more likely to read your posts.

otherwiseitlookslikeatotalthisjumplelikeseet?

Oh, and it's never, ever "dose". A dose is an appropriate unit of application, usually for medication. You aren't likely to use that. It's always "does". Always.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: December 22, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »

Capitalization is part of punctuation. It helps a lot, especially when you use long sentences, and paragraphs. Commas, periods, and capitals do affect the meaning of what you say.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: December 22, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »

Oh, and it's never, ever "dose". A dose is an appropriate unit of application, usually for medication. You aren't likely to use that. It's always "does". Always.

I was trying to remember if "dose" was even a word.
My tumblr.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: December 22, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »

I was trying to remember if "dose" was even a word.

It means "can" or "box" in german. Like the Bierdose in my hand.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: December 22, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »

Why are you holding a beerbox?
My tumblr.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: December 22, 2012, 04:26:38 pm »

So the beer doesn't spill over the keyboard and I can comfortably drink it out of the can?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: December 22, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

As this is a dead horse, i suggest we compile a reference pool of every possible argument, put it at the beginning of the thread and tell people to refer to that unless it hasn't already been discussed, and leave the thread open to stop this from clogging up the rest of the board.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:11 pm »

Capitalization and punctuation will make us more likely to read your posts.

otherwiseitlookslikeatotalthisjumplelikeseet?

I will be tempting ot do these things in this post so you can see how bad it is

There is a big diffrince between this and what you wrote one dont have captilazion or spaces but mine has spaces

Capitalization changes nothing i understand, if you dont want to read it then, but it dont make it any harder to read, the word wont changes its meaning

this is also with out those things and it can be read just fine

I'm not saying mine is perfect, as you get "longer" post commas and periods are needed and that is the problem because instead of saying

Thats  dumb you cant believe that

it be that dumb you. Cant believe that etc
or I don't believe you ass (enter something here) would be
I dont belive you, ass. (thing ere that sounds so much better with out the grammar)
which I'm told is wrong, yes I know I "see it now"

but thats cause I have an example, when I'm actively writing i can not do this
again that one i CAN make out, but most I cant and they end up like that
Just like I can say my problem is that I dont sturm hard enough on the guitar, it dont mean it fixes the problem

for me, which I'm told is wrong, long story short I get MORE flak for doing it cause I put them in the wrong places which makes it worse then not having them, cause then YOU can put them some where with your mind. and may be right I, hardily am right on matters. that deal with commas or periods
but the fact remains putting an i ,or I. changes nothing other then some refusing to read a post. that dont have them... which is not making it hard to read, its them refusing to read it.

capitals do affect the meaning of what you say.
i am a cat
I am a cat
i believe the world is flat due to twenty two plus eighty plus nine and that the starts move in the sky.
I believe the world is flat due to twenty two plus eighty plus nine and that the starts move in the sky.

Nothing changes there
nothing changes there

Again periods and commas? yes I have to work on them but as of now, when I post them they turn out wrong to many times, and have even got me banned for "calling someone bad word" when that was not my intent.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130