Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 130

Author Topic: Atheism/Religion Discussion  (Read 180814 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism/Religion Discussion
« Reply #1530 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:51 pm »

I...
Wolfie-Poo, evolution and the idea of a spherical Earth weren't really laughed at.
And I personally believe the existence of God is much different from a scientific theory or law, as faith and logic are two separate ways to come to conclusion.

Faith cannot be founded upon reason, nor can reason be founded upon faith.

But Bd, shit could be a lot more complicated.  The world is surprisingly comprehensible.
No, I'm not saying it's really easy to understand physics, just that it could be a lot fucking harder.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 20, 2012, 11:30:02 pm »

I guess I can see that, it just makes sense to me that some kind of higher being would just make things less complex to make things just simple for themselves. Although I suppose arguably, what we consider complex may not be complex for some higher being. But anyways, I see your point.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 20, 2012, 11:31:04 pm »

Okay, I'm kind of struggling to understand what you're trying to convey. I'm not sure if you speak English or what, but seriously try to proofread your posts at least a little bit.
Is it misspell and a diffident word or is flat out wrong? I.e not a world at all

if its not a word, sorry, guess they get through, you should see it before I go through thee or four times!

I was simply using your train of thought when suggesting god created the evil things, along with the good things.
they seem evil to us, I'm sure a bear eating a kid seems evil, but you have no problem with us eating bead? (you may)

I was pointing out it doesn't make sense that a god would create bad things to punish mankind, then get rid of them later only to re-introduce another bad thing to punish mankind again.
that's NOT what he is doing. To me anyways, he deigned a complex system in our body, most dezes are caused by
Infectious disease: which are creatures living, we kill by using guns, they kill by giving us that
its just like how he allows the tiger to attack and with that can sometimes be used on humans.

the autoimmune diseases is harder but often its happens because of problems done by US or outside forces like injury or complications due to life style, in short we are not keeping our bodys like a temple, and God did not make it where we where super human invincible, if our body gets mistreated by us or other forces bad affects happen, that's MOST of these

So let me pose a hypothetical question to you. If an all knowing and all powerful being decided to create Earth and all Life on it, why did he make it so extremely complex? You'd think it'd save him a lot of time to make it so things work in extremely simple ways, or just because they do. If he's all powerful, it wouldn't matter if he made life to be an extremely complex series of chemical reactions, or just made it so it worked instantly without any of the complexities. Seems kind of stupid that someone would create something that is very complex, when the could of done the exact same job with less effort and complexity.
[/quote]
Maybe he did it so we could know someone had to be behind it? if it was simple then there would been easy to say "no intelligent deign" but with this? Evloution? gravity? all the laws of physics known and unknown?

Complex a heck, we dont know the half of it, so what could make this? something thats "higher" level then we are, God.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 20, 2012, 11:37:47 pm »

I quake in fear over what you post when you don't look over it multiple times then.

Maybe he did it so we could know someone had to be behind it? if it was simple then there would been easy to say "no intelligent deign" but with this? Evloution? gravity? all the laws of physics known and unknown?

Complex a heck, we dont know the half of it, so what could make this? something thats "higher" level then we are, God.
The problem is, if he wanted to leave beyond some sign of intelligent design he would simply not allow humanity to find something out then. We've already figured out how evolution works, how gravity works, and a large amount of physics that apply to the earth. We're constantly figuring out new things about life, and the only reason why we only practically know not even half of why the universe works as it does is because we've haven't had a whole lot of time to do so. I mean any real gigantic breakthroughs in science that changed how we saw the world really only happened in the past two hundred years.

Also, why would god go out of his way to further prove his existence? Being all-knowing, he wouldn't have to worry about people to stop believing him. He'd probably just leave all of the sinners and non-believers to go to hell then, knowing they'd never believe in him in the first place.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 20, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »

Uh... Wolfie...
I realize someone's spelling does not necessarily reflect on their intellect. I have terrible speech problems, but that doesn't make me an idiot.  It does make it really hard to communicate effectively, though.  Sometimes your words are misspelled, sometimes they are used incorrectly, and sometimes they just aren't words.

If you could try to write more accurately, even at the risk of brevity, it would make conversing with you so much easier.  I don't like repeating myself when I talk, so I think I know what it is like to have to repeat yourself.  If it is something you can help, doing so would be an extremely good idea.
If you want help with grammar or anything else English related, feel free to make a thread or simply message one of Bay12's many grammar enthusiasts.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #1535 on: December 20, 2012, 11:45:59 pm »

I think it's spellcheck causing the malapropisms. I'm under the impression that his spelling problems are legit and genuine and probably not a whole lot he can do about them.

Y'know, short of an editor. :p
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:07 pm »

The problem is, if he wanted to leave beyond some sign of intelligent design he would simply not allow humanity to find something out then. We've already figured out how evolution works, how gravity works, and a large amount of physics that apply to the earth. We're constantly figuring out new things about life, and the only reason why we only practically know not even half of why the universe works as it does is because we've haven't had a whole lot of time to do so. I mean any real gigantic breakthroughs in science that changed how we saw the world really only happened in the past two hundred years.
would that be free will then?
He lets you know thr truth of how the universe works, maybe his miracles are not "miracles" (in the sense they cant be explained) but that they can, he has made this whole thing work the way it dose
The more we find out, the more we see how everything works together
finding out things dose not disprove God, the fact that everything works is EXACTLY what intelligent deign means.

Also, why would god go out of his way to further prove his existence? Being all-knowing, he wouldn't have to worry about people to stop believing him. He'd probably just leave all of the sinners and non-believers to go to hell then, knowing they'd never believe in him in the first place.
Two words, free will, yes God CAN see the future, but we are with in time, what that means is all the non believes have gone to hell (to God)
But it has not happen yet in this time
Put it this way, we have not yet reached the point where it happens, as for why prove his coexistence? like I said free will, yes he sees the future, but WE STILL pick what happens and so him showing evinced will get the most people he can to come over.

So put it this way, if god sat down and did nothing did not sent Christ etc, Christina would not be here, God may not be worshiped anymore, and so he did these things with in those time lines

He dose things because while he knows what happens (in the sense of he sees all outcomes)
if he don't get invited then our choice will be not with him.

just because the future "happens" don't mean its set in stone, what if it can change?
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 21, 2012, 12:12:49 am »

I cannot understand what Wolfy is trying to say. I know it's something about free will, but I can't tease out whether he's arguing that free will allows omniscience to be compatible with determinism, or if he's arguing that God does give obvious evidence of his existence and that determinism doesn't come into it.

I also suspect that he's intentionally misspelling words on purpose, since he keeps making different misspellings of the same word, and seriously, nobody naturally goes from different to diffident on accident. Most people don't even know that diffident is a word.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 21, 2012, 12:13:43 am »

Autocorrect is probably doing it.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 21, 2012, 12:18:50 am »

Can't be. If that were the case, he wouldn't have stuff like thr and dezes and bodys and diffreint.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 21, 2012, 12:22:18 am »

Right...
Wolfie, is English your second language, by any chance?
Using a mixture of complex and incorrect words is usually a good indicator of a late-learner of a language.
Sometimes it does just come harder to native speakers, but that's fairly rare, if I remember right.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 21, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

He already went over this with everyone I thought? That English is his first language, but he is just terrible at it and refuses to try to get better. Pretty sure this conversation was had already at least.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 21, 2012, 12:26:31 am »

Oh.  I... Kinda didn't know that was what he meant...

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 21, 2012, 12:27:58 am »

God & free will. How the hell do these two connect? :D

We act upon our wants. We cannot control our wants. Therefore we do not have free will.
We act upon our wants. MAGIC! We still cannot control our wants. Therefore we do not have free will.
MAGIC! We still act upon our wants. We cannot control our wants. Therefore we do not have free will.
We act upon our wants. We cannot control our wants. MAGIC! Therefore we still do not have free will.
We act upon our wants. We cannot control our wants. Therefore we do not have free will. MAGIC!
MAGIC! We still act upon our wants. MAGIC! We still cannot control our wants. MAGIC! Therefore we still do not have free will. MAGIC!

I don't get it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 21, 2012, 12:28:30 am »

I never know what he means, ever.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 130