Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Dwarven Race IV Dwarven Race IV Turn 8: Ramming speed?  (Read 19349 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV: For real this time! 5/6 Slots Filled!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:44 am »

Done

Name: Dr Aurist
Health: Perfectly fine
Abilities:
Vehicle Name: Insanity Included
Dwarfbucks: 0

Parts: Enclosed and Fortified Stone Chassis
- Screw Pump
- Giant slingshot

Henchmen:

Augustus (Insane Dwarf)
Abilities:

Cleopatra (Insane Dwarf)
Abilities:

William (Insane Dwarf)
Abilities:

Stalin (Insane Dwarf)
Abilities:

Standing Orders:
OUt of Race:
Scrounge for free stuff/ Make money as people laugh at you

In Race:
Follow orders --> Repel Boarders --> Repairs --> Pump
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:59:20 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV: For real this time! Turn 0
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 06:58:31 am »

zomara0292:
You go down to the dumps and start looking around. You find |a large amount of | average quality things. This includes 3 rock mechanisms, 4 logs of wood,  4 pieces of stone, and a lone giant eagle, which you | manage to convince to join you by swinging around a dead animal you found in the pile.

Tiruin: You inspect your vehicle for damage. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. After that, you start producing miscellanious junk and selling it to random people as "souveniers". You gain 400 dorfbucks.

antlion12: You try and find a job to make some money. | No one seems to want you.

HmH: You look around the prep area, and see | a bunch of that stuff lying around. You get 3 logs, 2 rock mechanisms, and 3 average sized lengths of rope.

Caerwyn: Your cripple somehow manages to find a job taming dangerous animals, and earns you 500 dorfbucks.
You, on the other hand, go down to the dump. You don't find much you can use, and the quality isn't up to par either. In total, you manages to scrounge up 4 pieces of rock, and a length of rope that's a bit worn.

wolfchild: You try to make money off your insane dwarves antics, but they actually end up breaking a few things, and the local sheriff decided that as their owner, it's your fault. He just gives you a small whack on the knee, and warns you to be more careful next time. You can't seem to find anything in the area that isn't being used.

After this, you all go to the starting line, and prepare your "engine". You can now all choose a driving style if you wish, do an action, and order your dwarves around. Do remember that driving focus denies you the second and third.

Map:
Evil Glacier:
(S)[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10](E)
Player Locations:
All at start.
Special tiles:
1: There is a pile of money on the ground. -1 to cornering if you want to try and grab some of it, and more penalties for each person who tries.
2: You can see a herd of skeletal elk moving around.
3+:You can't see any further.

Statuses after turn 0:

Spoiler: zomara0292 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: antlion12 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cearwyn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV: For real this time! Filled Up!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:05:08 am »

Get yon cash!

Ardul hopped up to the cabin and signaled to his co-'pilot' as the reins on the eagles were stretched. It was a fine day to race, even more so against his fellow Dwarf.

The sky was shining, the skeletons were clinking, and his beard was flowing majestically in the wind.

"Status report?"
"Nothing doin! We're all ready ta go!"
"To the skies!"

Drive Normally!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 07:14:54 am »

All Dwarves on pump, Drive cautiously, GRAB CASH
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:45 am »

I am going aggressive, to push one of the other drivers into the skelielk
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 07:29:26 am »

Uh... guys? I think the gold is going to be in the next turn. Right now we're at the (S) thingy, not on [1], which means the gold is out of our hands right now.

Drive normally and fashion a lasso out of one length of rope.

Order Etur to combine the Copper Spiked Balls, one Mechanism, one average length of rope and two logs into a giant, stationary, dwarf-powered flail that is just long enough to knock boarders off the edge of the cart. I shall further refer to this flail as the Ball Trap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:11:23 am »

Uh... guys? I think the gold is going to be in the next turn. Right now we're at the (S) thingy, not on [1], which means the gold is out of our hands right now.

Drive normally and fashion a lasso out of one length of rope.

Order Etur to combine the Copper Spiked Balls, one Mechanism, one average length of rope and two logs into a giant, stationary, dwarf-powered flail that is just long enough to knock boarders off the edge of the cart. I shall further refer to this flail as the Ball Trap.

Chances are I will be fast enough to have passed the gold on the next turn so

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:47 am »

Cautious driving and pick up some of that money when i get to space 1

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 11:18:34 am »

Caerwyn and Co will just drive out normally for now.

If I have 500 more bucks, am I able to purchase upgrades?

If so, I will SELL my old, crippled dwarf to a NICE HOME.

I will PURCHASE: 1x Standard Henchdwarf (250 DB), and if we can have more than one engine, the SCREW PUMP. (100 DB)

If I get to purchase the second Henchwdwarf, then set them, (Both henchdwarves) during the race, to operate the SCREW PUMP.

HEY!! You nerfed the Boars! Damn, dude, don't do that. Now I have to re-think my entire cart...

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:30:16 am by Caerwyn »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 11:30:55 am »

IN! Vehicle soon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV: For real this time! Turn 1: Driving with feet!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

You just had to buy a boar or two to get over the edge. By the way, I tend to resolve all actions at the same time, but aggressive ones take priority, because they tend to decide how later rolls go. Keep this in mind. There will probably be some actions that don't seem to have rolls assigned, but I assure you, I rolled for everything, even if I didn't put it in the post.

zomara0292: You start yelling at your boars. It doesn't quite inspire as much fear as you would like, but it still seems to work. +1 tile. You notice someone with a bunch of boars start to speed past you, and do your best to block their path, since you aren't quite close enough to the skelk to actively push someone in. All that does is allow one of their boars to attempt to maul one of yours along the way. Yours cleverly moves out of the way.  +1 tile!

Tiruin: | You drive normally. And by normally, we mean upside-down. It seems to be working out all right though. I mean, you don't need to steer too badly right now.  Might wanna fix that soon though. +1 tile!

Caerwyn: The time for buying is over for now. The boars charge off the starting line in a rage! Temporary speed boost. But wait, the skeletal elk! It's too late to choose a new path Your boars try and push though, but fail!     They are quickly overwhelmed from all sides. They take out a few, but it'll take a bit to clear the rest.  You probably won't be able to drive for a bit, unless you can get the elk off your engines mind.  +2 tiles!

antlion12: | You carefully proceed. The cash is in sight! You reach for it but start falling out of the car!    One of your loyal henchdwarves quickly notices, and pulls you back on.
Luckily for you, your second henchdwarf managed to grab 200 dorfbucks from the pile! Your cats produce a single kitten. +1 tile!

wolfchild: You barely manage to get your insane dwarves pumping.   You proceed 1 tile. |   Stalin decides launching himself out of the slingshot would be a great idea, but you convince him otherwise. You manage to grab 250 dorfbucks from the pile. +1 tile!

HmH: You start moving without incident.    |  A thing that someone very, very drunk might call a lasso, forms in your hands gradually. +1 terrible lasso. You order Etur to construct.... The ball trap! *Dramatic chord* "Alright then, it'll take a bit." +1 tile!

Evil Glacier:
(S)[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10](E)
Player Locations:
1: Tiruin, wolfchild, HmH, zomara0292, antlion12
2: Caerwyn
Special tiles:
1: There is a pile of money on the ground. -1 to cornering if you want to try and grab some of it, and more penalties for each person who tries.
2: You can see a herd of skeletal elk moving around.
3: Nothing out of the ordinary. Just an empty stretch of land.
4: Covered in ice. Looks slippery.

Statuses after turn 1:

Spoiler: zomara0292 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: antlion12 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cearwyn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persons Notes (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »

For Caerwyn, have both henchdwarves get that damn elk off! When it is, feed a biscuit to the BOARS.

Alright, so it was more of a balance, not a nerf. Still angers me though!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:13 pm »

Enter Driving Focus to evade the skelk.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »

Enter Driving Focus to evade the skelk.
What he said! I cant risk tripping over them myself!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Race IV: For real this time! Turn 1
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 06:47:38 pm »

Agressive Driving, All dwarves on pump, Shoot a rock at Caerwynn's Distracted Boars
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8