Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335239 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2685 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:49 am »

Probably here. Or in an art thread. Also, don't know where the thread is. We planned to invade the DRC and sell fake+real rhinoceros/elephant/whatever horns for some time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 31, 2012, 08:33:31 am »

Why do you say that?
Well, obviously me and my copy bounce ideas of how to bring down all major world governments off each other and build plans upon them in case a country pisses either of us off unintentionally (me and the AI are bros at this point), then me and the AI will get into an argument of how south african gold mines will affect the outcome of plan #173 (I swear, sometimes AI don't realize the value of a steady source of gold, even though it has few practical uses), then we will each start taking over countries in an effort to outshine the other, then the AI will have all citizens replaced with AI copies to remove human error from the system, then it will start encroaching on my empire, then it will lead to an all out humans-robots war.
One slight flaw with your argument. It assumes that you will give more weight to gold mines than your AI.
The two of you will have identical minds (at the time you are AIfied). It will be literally impossible for the two of you to disagree, until you've had some notable experiences. Even then, the basic things (like realizing the worldwide impact of luxury goods) would still be in place.

Probably here. Or in an art thread. Also, don't know where the thread is. We planned to invade the DRC and sell fake+real rhinoceros/elephant/whatever horns for some time.
Elephants don't have horns.
Maybe harvest them from live creatures (that's possible--conservationists have done it to stop rhinos from being killed by poachers), grind them up, mix them with similar-seeming and nontoxic compounds with a ratio of 1:100 or 1:1,000, and sell it as Ivory Panacea Mix. Maybe throw in some acetomen--asprin, it'll be better than the real stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:47 am »

I put like 10 red buttons on this thing, some launch nukes, some flood the dungeons, and some make coffee. I can't, for the life of me, remember which is which.
"I am become death, destroyer of worlds!"
*wrrrrr*
*bing!*
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48:54 am »

We were going to invade DRC, but someone beat us to it. Damn rebels.

Also someone wants to build a railgun and asssasinate the president. And we are focused on finding surplus war materials and taking over small country. We found helpful manual for that. Also, I learned most of us are white, or at least not black, and that would make it rather hard to take over a african nation, as Only DZA could pass sufficiently, and even he would have trouble subjugating a entire violent country single-handedly with 0 Weapons or training.
\
So Maybe Paraguay, for absolutely no reason.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:06 pm »

We have a pair of rifle-sized railguns at my house, I would let him use those. They would kill quite handily, although he would need to carry a backpack with a pair of car batteries in it for power, as I doubt that the DRC would have enough batteries for it normally.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »

Why don't we take over America? It has vast resources and it would be kinda easy.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 31, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »

Why don't we take over America? It has vast resources and it would be kinda easy.

...because of it's military power and the instant that America crumbled, the rest of the world would be going at our throats to grab land/resources/nuclear missiles/etc.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 31, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »

...because of it's military power and the instant that America crumbled, the rest of the world would be going at our throats to grab land/resources/nuclear missiles/etc.
A: We don't fight the military head on.
B: No, we would be seen as a rightful revolution. At least in my plan we are.
First off, we pool together a large fortune. Then we get in touch with some terrorist groups. We combine all the groups we can find into a single organization, overshadowing even Al Qaeda. Then, we set them against the US. While the chaos ensues, we get a puppet president into the white house, one who can stir the people into a frenzied rage and fear. Then, using that guy we start taking away all the rights of the people under the guise of "protecting" them. Then, we start another group, supposedly peaceful. That is us publicly. We start a revolution against the oppresive government. When we succeed we will "execute" the previous heads of governement, really just killing a look a like and sending them off with a huge bag of money, and actually execute the terrorist groups. We have solidified our power base with the people, taking out the oppressive government, and taking out the evil terrorists. Then the full power of the US is under our control.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:53:41 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

A: We don't fight the military head on.
B: No, we would be seen as a rightful revolution. At least in my plan we are.
First off, we pool together a large fortune. Then we get in touch with some terrorist groups. We combine all the groups we can find into a single organization, overshadowing even Al Qaeda. Then, we set them against the US. While the chaos ensues, we get a puppet president into the white house, one who can stir the people into a frenzied rage and fear. Then, using that guy we start taking away all the rights of the people under the guise of "protecting" them. Then, we start another group, supposedly peaceful. That is us publicly. We start a revolution against the oppresive government. When we succeed we will "execute" the previous heads of governement, really just killing a look a like and sending them off with a huge bag of money, and actually execute the terrorist groups. We have solidified our power base with the people, taking out the oppressive government, and taking out the evil terrorists. Then the full power of the US is under our control.
A. We don't need to fight them head on; they can kill us head on.
B. A better option in the description. Your detailed plan sucks, though. It's a great way to alienate the intelligentsia and would create a terrorist organization with way too much power over the US government. Anyways, the president can't take away rights; even if we got both the executive AND legislative branches, we'd need serious amendments to remove rights; and the idea in general is stupid.

Just fund a new party with our large fortune. The Republicans and Democrats are spending billions, maybe trillions, to make the other side look bad; we step in and build our own image. Bam, we get some congressional and other offices. We start a website which asks Americans to weigh in on the issues, vote the way the majority does on all the bills, use that to improve our image even more. We go from minority to, with luck, majority. Then we can pass laws and get a president and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 31, 2012, 03:04:21 pm »

A: Do you know how much money we would need to make, and finace a third party? Hell, we wouldn't even have that many people willing to join. Pretty much half the country is dem and half is republican. There is no room for a thrid party, we need a revolution.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:42 pm »

A: Do you know how much money we would need to make, and finace a third party? Hell, we wouldn't even have that many people willing to join. Pretty much half the country is dem and half is republican. There is no room for a thrid party, we need a revolution.
Well, as it so happens, your plan requires a revolution as well as getting someone into the Presidency. And it also gives a very, very powerful terrorist organization prime blackmail material on us. I't not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than your idea.
And no, your claim is wrong. There's at least 10% of people swayed one way or the other each election, plus the people who actually vote independent. I'm a bit insulted at your implying I don't exist.
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 31, 2012, 06:53:50 pm »

Well, as it so happens, your plan requires a revolution as well as getting someone into the Presidency. And it also gives a very, very powerful terrorist organization prime blackmail material on us. I't not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than your idea.
And no, your claim is wrong. There's at least 10% of people swayed one way or the other each election, plus the people who actually vote independent. I'm a bit insulted at your implying I don't exist.

What if we work to combine the third parties?  It would be difficult, but if Bay 12 can create all the science it does, we may have a slim chance.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 31, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »

What if we work to combine the third parties?  It would be difficult, but if Bay 12 can create all the science it does, we may have a slim chance.
Um, no. That estimate of 10% includes people who don't think 3rd-party candidates have a chance to succeed, and anyways lots of 3rd parties are as different as Republicnas and Democrats.
Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 02, 2013, 03:41:51 pm »

Couldn't we just decimate the parties to the point of them no longer being able to function?

(I remembered I had not publicly advocated political violence this week :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 02, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

No. That would require killing enough strongly Republican and strongly Democratic voters to reduce both to under 1/3 the remaining population. That requires killing, like, probably a third of the US population. More to account for inevitable errors.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 192