Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335237 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2655 on: December 30, 2012, 05:00:42 pm »

That would be a good idea. We'd need a darn good ballistics computer and some sort of large power supply...so, either fusion or solar satellites, and Mike.
For the balistics, time is not an issue, so any computer with enough RAM/diskspace will do.

As for powersupply. Batteries should work. Also, fission is more than powerfull enough, and setting up your own basement reactor isn't that hard. If a scout can do it, we can.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 30, 2012, 05:10:39 pm »

I'm, um...
Well then.

Let's get some trajectories plotted. ArcInAGel and other with scrap, see if you can find some ballistics program (make sure it accounts for air resistance and the curvature of the Earth) and plot some trajectories to major military targets. Um. Try to guess at masses of projectiles. Let us know how far you've gotten with that bit by some time tomorrow. Other people in his area, try to head over there and set up the railgun. The sooner we get this done, the less time Arc and the others can get raided by the FBI.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 30, 2012, 05:11:07 pm »

Being arrested fo killing the president with home-made rail-gun Mortar: Acceptably badass.

I'm in.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 30, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

That would be a good idea. We'd need a darn good ballistics computer and some sort of large power supply...so, either fusion or solar satellites, and Mike.
For the balistics, time is not an issue, so any computer with enough RAM/diskspace will do.

As for powersupply. Batteries should work. Also, fission is more than powerfull enough, and setting up your own basement reactor isn't that hard. If a scout can do it, we can.
Eagle scout here! I love my ADHD, it lets me have a insane amount of stuff in my head! Whee!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 30, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »

Being arrested fo killing the president with home-made rail-gun Mortar: Acceptably badass.
I'm in.
Um.
In what universe is killing Obama not a recipe for getting killed by the military and/or the half of the country that supported him?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 30, 2012, 05:19:34 pm »

The ones were we rule the world.Currently: 231 and counting. Not counting parralel duplicates. Though not the ones where the president was on our side.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 30, 2012, 05:38:51 pm »

I'm, um...
Well then.

Let's get some trajectories plotted. ArcInAGel and other with scrap, see if you can find some ballistics program (make sure it accounts for air resistance and the curvature of the Earth) and plot some trajectories to major military targets. Um. Try to guess at masses of projectiles. Let us know how far you've gotten with that bit by some time tomorrow. Other people in his area, try to head over there and set up the railgun. The sooner we get this done, the less time Arc and the others can get raided by the FBI.
ArchAIngel, not ArcInAGel, and I got a simple setup, got to know where the guy with scrap is, otherwise, how do I do the math without a starting point? And I think that I can make something by myself to make a 2 KT nuke equivalent, although I will refer to it as a KEW or kinetic energy weapon, as it is simpler. It will be able to hit the east coast of the USA as max range, with the start, assuming at my house, in Washington state. I will need a large lump of ferrous metal, about half a ton per shot, and about 2 shots a day, assuming maximum range and optimal conditions. So really, only one shot a day. I do this sort of thing when I am bored, so there is a good bit of blueprints on my lovely computer. Also, anyone thought of using satellites as KEWs? Cell phone networks have the security of wet toilet paper, and most satellites have engines on them to keep them from hitting other satellites, which could be used to hit them into the earth. Another option would be to launch a large amount of mirrors into orbit, then make a solar array, a la Tyler Vernon. Can you say orbital death ray? I can do the cell phone thing, although the processing would have to be handled by me through proxy servers for a firewall blanket, just in case the right phone is poked about it, as if this occurs the initial incursion would be into one phone, then spread through them all to make it hard to track.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:48:39 pm by ArchAIngel »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »

I am disturbed at how quickly you responded and with how much detail.
Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:17 pm »

I like this guy. You sir are now in charge of all ballistics. TOPHAT, find a place for this up and comer in the military, suitable for his perstigious talents.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 30, 2012, 06:35:42 pm »

Agreed. Head Ballistics Officer or somesuch.
Sig

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 30, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »

I disturbed a Bay12er? ...I don't know whether to be impressed or horrified.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 30, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »

Well, I'm one of the saner Bay12ers, so don't get cocky. If you disturb Xantalos or somesuch, though...
Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 30, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »

Well, I'm one of the saner Bay12ers, so don't get cocky. If you disturb Xantalos or somesuch, though...
Yes, and keep in mind I embraced it. Of course, I also am the master mind of the terrifying cloning-baby program, so don't get discouraged either

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 30, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »

Yes, and keep in mind I embraced it. Of course, I also am the master mind of the terrifying cloning-baby program, so don't get discouraged either
Why would you clone babies? Their only use is for building material and baby skull necklaces. Seems like a waste of resources to me.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 30, 2012, 11:41:40 pm »

Why would you clone babies? Their only use is for building material and baby skull necklaces. Seems like a waste of resources to me.
Lack of females. Note, We have approximately 0 females, so long-term plans aer either robots or clones. Or kidnapping females.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 192