Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335278 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1920 on: September 16, 2012, 02:40:27 pm »

Fine then. We could always find a way to extract the stupid from people to power the laser. That way we'd have our superweapon, and be bettering humanity at the same time.
This.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 16, 2012, 02:46:00 pm »

Fine then. We could always find a way to extract the stupid from people to power the laser. That way we'd have our superweapon, and be bettering humanity at the same time.
This.
We'll need to set up some decoy system to gather a whole lot of stupidity in one place for extration, though.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 16, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

This.
We'll need to set up some decoy system to gather a whole lot of stupidity in one place for extration, though.
Damn, and the national conventions just ended. oh well.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 16, 2012, 02:48:08 pm »

This.
Hmm...maybe we can...I don't know.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 16, 2012, 03:03:50 pm »

This.
I could try setting up a big debate where I ask every creationist or IDer in town to argue against evolution, we should get a good kick-start from that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:42 pm »

This.
I could try setting up a big debate where I ask every creationist or IDer in town to argue against evolution, we should get a good kick-start from that.
We should get some Atheist strawmen too, if possible.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 16, 2012, 06:47:37 pm »

Wiccan forums.

Gah.

I can also verify that Canadian dimes have steel inside. They look pretty cool after all the nickel melts off.
My wooden badge was delicious.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: September 16, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

..."Wiccan forums?" What do you mean? Are you proposing another way to concentrate stupidity?
On a serious note, cities worldwide seem to be the best natural concentrations of stupidity. We could charge for it--"For $10, Increase your IQ instantly!" It's like Finn's whitewashing project.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 17, 2012, 12:10:59 am »

..."Wiccan forums?" What do you mean? Are you proposing another way to concentrate stupidity?
On a serious note, cities worldwide seem to be the best natural concentrations of stupidity. We could charge for it--"For $10, Increase your IQ instantly!" It's like Finn's whitewashing project.
We need to muscle out Scientology and then...UMLIMITED POWEEEERRRR
Sig! Onol

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 17, 2012, 09:23:29 am »

Lemme think... Finding stupidity... Let's go for the most complex possibility, as is default. Add some crazy.. some 'impossible'... some 'unethical'... what do you get?

I think a survey robot that asks everyone some question (OR, using GreatWyrmGold's idea, offers to raise their IQ), then categorizes them in a database according to their stupidity level. Then, we just need to send out an evil, self-conscious AI to collect them.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »

The AI is currently in developement. B.O.O.Z.E. has not gained sentience yet, as the technology for extracting and enhancing human brains is not yet avaible. I forgot who volounteered to be B.O.O.Z.E. tough. Was it wyrm?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 17, 2012, 03:44:12 pm »

The AI is currently in developement. B.O.O.Z.E. has not gained sentience yet, as the technology for extracting and enhancing human brains is not yet avaible. I forgot who volounteered to be B.O.O.Z.E. tough. Was it wyrm?
I know that we had brainfreez pegged down as a robo-butler/ alternate personality.
Pity he survived the fall.....
On a more poignant note, no posts from logistics or modding for a while.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 17, 2012, 03:48:28 pm »

I'd sign up for AI-conversion. I've always wanted more processing power.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 17, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

Modding?
I noticed logistics though. I think the invasion plans are a little delayed by the fact we realised we have no idea what resources we do and could have access to.

Also, a fun fact, most of the Pyrenees (between France and Spain) is unclaimed by anybody. Because rocky land of little use. But I reckpn that mountain launch sites could be reasonable, if we're going for the "launch up multiple fuel payloads before going for real" approach, then we want multiple launch sites for redundancy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 17, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »

wait how will we get the bay12 comunity to the luanch site?
My sugetion- Pirates.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 192