Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335579 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1695 on: September 04, 2012, 04:13:27 pm »

I meant create a national debt. Every country has one, and we may even be able to pay it back in the long run.
DORA was the biggest BFG ever created. Made in WWII by the Germans, it cost 7 million reichsmarks, and was the second out of only two created. The company, out of policy, didn't charge for the first one.
It was a railway gun, over 100m long, and took a week to set up.
It fired shells that were over five metres long.
If we modify the design a bit, it may even reach the outer atmosphere.
It was so big it was actually an entire battalion.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 04, 2012, 05:32:17 pm »

Sunds like something that needs to be made, when we have a lab. Right now the military is a single person. In fact, lets look over the current military budget:
-------------++MADPLANS MONTHLY REPORT : AUGUST 2012++-------------
Date: Monday 3d September
Training: 0 out of 0 recruits have passed to fight normally. That's 100%!
Size of army: 1. (me)
Weapons Development: 0 weapons have been developed.
Super weapons Development: A lot of super weapons have been developed : asteroid nukes, brainfreez, etc.
Casualties: 0 soldiers (0%)
Military actions: 1: attempted backstabbing of king DZA by brainfreez. Victor: DZA.
Medals awarded: 0.
Kills: 0 infantry, 0 armour, 0 airborne, 0 navel, 0 space.
Military expenditure: $0.
Land gained: 0km2
Land lost: 0km2
Net gain: 0km2

NOTES: we would lose a war against Sealand. More expenditure required.
-------------++END REPORT++-------------

Any advice for next report?
This is relevantto the fact that we are attempting to take over a country. Before we take over a country, investment in th emilitary sector is required. This ties back to the fact we need money to get anything done, including making money. So, The real question is, where to get this seed money? There is still kickstarter, but what other options do we have?

EDIT: Also, If we set up a company, where would we put the address? I plan on makinga interview cntract for those who want to work for us, so I want some specifics.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:02:20 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 04, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

I meant create a national debt. Every country has one, and we may even be able to pay it back in the long run.
DORA was the biggest BFG ever created. Made in WWII by the Germans, it cost 7 million reichsmarks, and was the second out of only two created. The company, out of policy, didn't charge for the first one.
It was a railway gun, over 100m long, and took a week to set up.
It fired shells that were over five metres long.
If we modify the design a bit, it may even reach the outer atmosphere.
It was so big it was actually an entire battalion.

Maybe if we put it on Luna. A landside gun that size would just be a big target for air forces.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 04, 2012, 08:03:36 pm »

Ignoring me, are you? where are you guys? I demand a report.

Now, I'm about to put somethin up on kickstarter. I have no bank account, so wo wants to be the trustworthy individual who is the treasurer?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:11 am »

We could simply take over a country with the assasination method and unify the army of the country we take over and our own army.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 05, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

We could simply take over a country with the assasination method and unify the army of the country we take over and our own army.
Good idea. A bunch of 'probably overweight Internet nerds' can kill a tyrannical dictator and his cadre of bodyguards unarmed, with no combat training.

I've already suggested some means of making money, a few pages back.

As for the DORA of WWII, it had an entire flak battalion to protect it from such incidents. By the time we have the technology to build one (on lunar), we will have functioning AA defenses.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:17:15 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:27 am »

Right. Theres a cost-benefit ratio here. The richer and more powerful the country, the harder it is to take over.

Yes, money is important. Someone get on that.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 05, 2012, 11:59:58 am »

Right. Theres a cost-benefit ratio here. The richer and more powerful the country, the harder it is to take over.

Yes, money is important. Someone get on that.
We want a country with an 'evil' dictator to dispose of (for PR) and that no-one really cares about.
Bonus if there is already a rebellion to side with / please

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 05, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »

But that means taking over the rebels first.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 05, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »

No. We kill dictator, make rebels happy, and offer them government positions / representatives.
They will probably have an idea of what the people want.
The rebels aren't needed, but will provide a decent, armed, support base.
EDIT: any ideas for the country?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:36:45 pm by TopHat »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »

No. We kill dictator, make rebels happy, and offer them government positions / representatives.

Our current options are:
Angolia
Equatorial Guinea
Zimbabwe
Cameroon
Uganda
Burinka Faso
Sudan
Chad
Eritrea
The Gambia
Republic of the Congo
Djibouti
Rwanda
Central African Republic
Burundi
Mauritania
Cuba
Iran
North Korea
Belarus

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_dictators

Another Source:http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/146085
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Brill. The next step is to find out which ones the world at large would me more likely to ignore / not care about.
Also look at dictators that are unpopular. Tyrannical preferably. also hopefully without much paranoia / big bodyguard squad.
Finally, natural resources. We don't want to win a country only to find that we've just taken over 5 square miles of barren wasteland.
The CIA website may be useful for some of these.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 05, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »

Good idea. A bunch of 'probably overweight Internet nerds' can kill a tyrannical dictator and his cadre of bodyguards unarmed, with no combat training.

I've already suggested some means of making money, a few pages back.

As for the DORA of WWII, it had an entire flak battalion to protect it from such incidents. By the time we have the technology to build one (on lunar), we will have functioning AA defenses.
As to combat training, I can handle a rifle but that's it.
A DORA might be good to make later on, but not for a while.

This sound acceptable, but we need to actually listen to them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:42 pm »

No cuba. After the 400+ assasination attempts by the cia, I doubt he or his brother are touchable.

Iran has the supreme leader, the council of 10, and then the president. Each of these people are heavily guarded.

North korea is crazy. No.

How about we weed out bad ones, then vote on what remains.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 05, 2012, 08:34:10 pm »

Now, now, I notice one flaw in the CIA's assassination attempts. They were faliable. Seriously, exploding cigars? What we need is a special tops team of miners, masons, and mechanics to make a magma pump stack up to the Cuban capital and leave a lever inside which floods the dictator's bedroom with magma.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 192