Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335545 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1680 on: September 03, 2012, 04:34:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brilliant idea!
I would suggest a visit to the British Army disposal yard. I think it's in Lancashire.
Armoured cars, minesweepers, APCs, tanks, they even have aircraft!
No boats though. :(

And there is the problem of getting all of the stuff to the US to invade a French island.
I live in England, and some others probably do too.
We could meet up in wherever we choose to take over.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 03, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »

Brilliant idea!
I would suggest a visit to the British Army disposal yard. I think it's in Lancashire.

And there is the problem of getting all of the stuff to the US to invade a French island.
Alright, can you figure out some way to get that useful stuff to wherever we're taking over? Unless we want to take over Ireland or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »

Brilliant idea!

Alright, can you figure out some way to get that useful stuff to wherever we're taking over? Unless we want to take over Ireland or something.
Too large of an area to control easily, and there are multiple disputes on that island.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 03, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

Brilliant idea!

Too large of an area to control easily, and there are multiple disputes on that island.
Precisely why that potential trove of stolen weaponry is less than useless unless we can get it to Guadalupe or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 03, 2012, 07:25:53 pm »

Well, it looks like logistics is dead already. So far no lower-end intervention, but we're being pushed down quickly. We bed to fight to keep this thing alive! Now, as for our military, all me need to do is get 1000-10000 people together willing to fight (possibly with the help of a partner), then just go town to town conscripting people, and staying out of the way of the bulk of the military as best we can. Once we have a bunch of people, well, worry about that then
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »

Well, it looks like logistics is dead already. So far no lower-end intervention, but we're being pushed down quickly. We bed to fight to keep this thing alive! Now, as for our military, all me need to do is get 1000-10000 people together willing to fight (possibly with the help of a partner), then just go town to town conscripting people, and staying out of the way of the bulk of the military as best we can. Once we have a bunch of people, well, worry about that then
I bet you could find all the people you need up here in Maine.

Also, I was trying to think of the ultimate plan once we get to our planet, it would cover government structure, weapons design and everything. But I eventually gave up. Here it is as finished as it will ever get:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 03, 2012, 08:00:26 pm »

10,000 people is, like, the most optimistic assumption as to what our colony will contain.
Sig

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:25 pm »

You know, I could help with that. Donate some saliva. Create unstoppable lupine army, all that jazz.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:10 pm »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 04, 2012, 10:24:25 am »

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 04, 2012, 12:39:03 pm »

I live in Belgium, and they speak French in Congo, so thats fine with me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 04, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

To be fair, they might not be too happy to see you. The Belgium Colonization of Congo was not a good time.

Speaking of which, take over Belgium. Good R&D industry, central location, and it's not like the governement is capable of intervening on a short notice. Better use a "legal" coup rather than a military one.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 04, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

You guys are looking at this wrong. It is too much to get guns and try to defeat a entire countries military. It would be alot easier to stage a coup de`etat instead. Kill major government officials, take over, a voila! It worked for those guys in mali, so why not do it ourselves?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 04, 2012, 02:50:09 pm »

You guys are looking at this wrong. It is too much to get guns and try to defeat a entire countries military. It would be alot easier to stage a coup de`etat instead. Kill major government officials, take over, a voila! It worked for those guys in mali, so why not do it ourselves?

The most stylish way to take over a country.
Hell Yes.

Also: we need to choose a country with at least some useful resources.
When we take over a country, if we have good PR, we could take out a national debt.
I also suggest designing and building DORA MkII, as a long-term side project.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: September 04, 2012, 03:15:44 pm »

To be fair, they might not be too happy to see you. The Belgium Colonization of Congo was not a good time.
Speaking of which, take over Belgium. Good R&D industry, central location, and it's not like the governement is capable of intervening on a short notice. Better use a "legal" coup rather than a military one.
Sounds good, especially the "do things legally" part.

The most stylish way to take over a country.
Hell Yes.

Also: we need to choose a country with at least some useful resources.
When we take over a country, if we have good PR, we could take out a national debt.
I also suggest designing and building DORA MkII, as a long-term side project.
How would we fix national debt while working on our projects, or at all, and what is a DORA Mk II?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 192