Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335887 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1440 on: August 28, 2012, 10:21:28 pm »

Anouncement is being edited for the fact that corai is now a individual being gang-pressed into research due to being a useless diplomat, Slowpokez has been univited due to poor attendance record, and slayer has been invited due to General behaviour.

"Misko27 has mandated the creation of a research committee"

Description: "My fellow citizens, it has come to my attention that there is far too much jockeying for position and back-room dealing among our bueracrats, and not enough progress planning the actual program. This threatens both to undermine the authority of the state and to push ever-further back the date of the establishment of the colony. This is unacceptable. While public censure might be a far more effective measure of ending the practice, It would not help planning and would only further decrease our scarce manpower. Therefore, I have decides to appoint the following to a research committee to find solutions to our current problems as previously stated by President DZA: Zanzatkukun, corai, Tophat, and Helgoland. Participation is required unless sufficient reason  is given. The following are invited but not attendace by them is not required: greatwyrmgold, 10ebbor10, ,darkrider2, and slayerhero90 . I hope to see much progress from this group. In conclusion: All hail DZA"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:24:02 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:40 pm »

Anouncement is being edited for the fact that corai is now a individual being gang-pressed into research due to being a useless diplomat, Slowpokez has been univited due to poor attendance record, and slayer has been invited due to General behaviour.

Research?

YES.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 28, 2012, 10:53:15 pm »

Quote from: WaffleEggnog

Edit;
I locked up the poll for now (no one liked my idea :(  ). Any ideas on what the next poll should be? Also, in case you havint noticed, I'm back from vacation, woooo.... So I'm going to be more involved then I have been for the last week. Sorry bout that span of inactivity!
I suggest uniforms. Options: Jumpsuits, Military garb, regular clothes, NINJA SUITS FOR ALL!!!, Clothing by profession, and arse naked.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 28, 2012, 11:18:43 pm »

Horrific torture: legal way of executing traitors?

I think we should allow those being executed to decide for themselves how they'd like to meet their end, with how well they're treated before the execution date arrives being decided by how much thought and creativity they put into it. Also, make it a law that whenever someone is executed, for whatever reason, we rent a churro stand.

Cannabalism: Acceptable or no?

We definitely shouldn't let the bodies of our dead go to waste if we can avoid it,  but I'm not sure if cannibalism would be the most effective use of our corpses.

Therefore, I have decides to appoint the following to a research committee to find solutions to our current problems as previously stated by President DZA: Zanzatkukun, Tophat, and Helgoland.

Was that supposed to be a comma?  If not, how are we problems if these are all of the messages sent?

You aren't the problems. He was saying you're part of the newly-founded research team.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 28, 2012, 11:20:45 pm »

Quote from: WaffleEggnog

Edit;
I locked up the poll for now (no one liked my idea :(  ). Any ideas on what the next poll should be? Also, in case you havint noticed, I'm back from vacation, woooo.... So I'm going to be more involved then I have been for the last week. Sorry bout that span of inactivity!
I suggest uniforms. Options: Jumpsuits, Military garb, regular clothes, NINJA SUITS FOR ALL!!!, Clothing by profession, and arse naked.

Suits better be classified under this.

Horrific torture: legal way of executing traitors?

I think we should allow those being executed to decide for themselves how they'd like to meet their end, with how well they're treated before the execution date arrives being decided by how much thought and creativity they put into it. Also, make it a law that whenever someone is executed, for whatever reason, we rent a churro stand.

I am highly against this sir. If they get to decide, what stops them from "I want to be executed by being sent on a pyscho rampage through the base."

"I wanna be executed by all our nukes being dropped on me."

"I wanna be executed by Mars exploding."

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:25:22 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 28, 2012, 11:35:43 pm »

Easy, we make a rule that their execution can not involve the death of anyone but themselves.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:52 am »

Horrific torture: unacceptable. History will remember us badly.
Unless we write it....
Cannabalism: unacceptable, except in emergencies. Very bad for PR. We could find a way of speeding up the oil production process though....
Voila! Instant cremation, some oil to sell.
Corai: regular clothes=whatever you want. I think.
Zanzetkuken:  sorry, auto spell check/correction.
GWG: apparently it tastes quite nice. Someone once took a sample of meat from his leg, and asked scientists to make something that tasted the same (eating human flesh is illegal) they did.
All: any more problems? Bearing in mind that I'm probably in a different time one (GMT)
I have one: what currency do we use? I vote pound sterling initially, and maybe a different one when we declare independence.
Also, my previous questions about training. The other guys (mars 1) are doing 10years of training. All the DF in the world (even when outfitted with training mod) won't teach us how to fly a spaceship.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:01:24 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 29, 2012, 04:56:48 am »

Horrific tortue: Unacceptable. Reading secrets/ implanting things directly into people's mind is acceptable though
Cannibalism: Just throw the bodies into the recycler. (Making oil from them is wastefull, and you ain't going to get much.(Besides, oil is plants))

We don't need to learn to fly a spaceship, we got an autopilot for that. I got the spaceship mostly worked out anyway, it's somewhere in the other thread.

Things we need to worry about:
-----Base location. Preferable near the equator for rocket related reasons
-----Base layout

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 29, 2012, 08:44:58 am »

-------------begin message-------------
To: Helgoland
Subject: Governmental forces
I will quote the reasons why I think this is a poor idea from a message I sent to TopHat, due to it applying to you as well.
While your idea within your prior message would possibly work, I would prefer a man of a fair amount of sanity and morality in charge.  While I would still be in command of the department, I would still be subservient to yourself, a man of questionable sanity and morals.  Therefore, I would rather it be created as a separate organization so that it would be a more-sane mind that oversees the punishment of those who attempt to create chaos, and be more immune to corruption.
As you can see, I believe that there should be separate organizations to keep tabs upon each other to for the organizations to keep tabs and check upon others to prevent those from abusing power, something that I am against.  This also has a basis in fact that if a government abuses power, the citizens will revolt, leading to something similar to the French Revolution or the more recent Arab Spring.  Within a colony of the bay forum, the number of insane people would make abuse a poor idea indeed.
-------------end message-------------
-------------begin message-------------
To: Zanzetkuken The Great
Subject: Governmental forces
I believe that there should be separate organizations to keep tabs upon each other to for the organizations to keep tabs and check upon others to prevent those from abusing power, something that I am against.
The reasoning behind this statement is sound, and so I propose that we institute a complete set of checks and balances: Seperation of the legislative, the executive and the judicial branches, a written constitution and civilian control over military, police and intelligence agencies. Inside these agencies the principle of collegiality should be strictly adhered to.
For further inspiration for a written constitution I recommend the Roman Republic and the works of Kant and Hobbes. A committee needs to be put together to work out the details and finally present a draft to be approved through a general vote.
EDIT: Inspiration on the workings of the intelligence agencies and the secret police may be drawn from the soviet and fascist regimes of the past.
We need an official greeting/salute. Like "Heil Hitler", but less Nazi-y "Rotfront!" (that was a paramilitary communist group during the Weimar Republic; they had a cool salute). I propose:

All hail King and President DZA, ruler of all things rulable!
-------------end message-------------
(Damn I edited this thing :D )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:58:33 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 29, 2012, 09:04:00 am »

very convenient , instead of saying "Hi!" we could say "All hail king DZA , powerless figure called president and the prime minister Misko who is actually ruler here !".
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:05:45 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

I demand a salute to go with it.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 29, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »

New poll up about uniforms!
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 29, 2012, 01:29:04 pm »

Base location: undetermined. Might even be several across multiple planets and moons.
Base layout: TBD. Will be decided once the Mod training program is finished.
Misko: get waffle to do a poll after the clothing one.
10ebbor10: we need at least one person able to fly the spaceship for landing, taking off, and emergencies. This is an average rendition of the great crash-landing disaster in marble. The autopilot is cutting out.misko and DZA are frantically flipping through an instruction manual. The bay12ers are screaming. In the background TopHat is yelling at 10ebbor10. It menaces with spikes of death, unhappiness, failure, and XsocksX.
EDIT: to the two people who said arse naked: ? Seriously.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:18:37 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 29, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »

Ahem. The AI will probably be capable of steering ships and regulating traffic in general.
Pilots can at every time turn off the autopilot and fly manually.

Currently designing the frame for brainfreez's brain. I'm going to make it my personal butler and give him some rad dance moves.
He will also have a built-in jukebox.

I say we put the reactor in the center of our base, and put the AI room on top of it. Main control room goes on top of the AI room.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:43 pm »

Base location: undetermined. Might even be several across multiple planets and moons.
Base layout: TBD. Will be decided once the Mod training program is finished.
Misko: get waffle to do a poll after the clothing one.
10ebbor10: we need at least one person able to fly the spaceship for landing, taking off, and emergencies. This is an average rendition of the great crash-landing disaster in marble. The autopilot is cutting out.misko and DZA are frantically flipping through an instruction manual. The bay12ers are screaming. In the background TopHat is yelling at 10ebbor10. It menaces with spikes of death, unhappiness, failure, and XsocksX.
EDIT: to the two people who said arse naked: ? Seriously.
1. The Orbiter will just fly between Mars and Earth, and there will be plenty of opportunity to get initialize the shutdown boost. I'm calculating safety measures in, so even with idiots in the crew we should be able to get the ship in orbit. The lander has it's own autopilot, and should be rather easy to pilot. It's just a flying brick, after all. Besides, only a few people can fit in the lander at once. (thinking about 20) so no large disasters can happen.

Also, backup autopilots.

@ Poll
 No option for spacesuits? I mean, since we're going to space and such.

Also, allow people to change their votes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:44:57 pm by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 192