Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335761 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1230 on: August 22, 2012, 04:48:05 am »

note to self - the thermonuclear cat reactors must have self destruction buttons in all rooms .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 22, 2012, 04:55:07 am »

Thermonuclear cats are an amazing idea.

We must arm our warheads with them.

A new kind of biological warfare emerges as man expands to mars...

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 22, 2012, 05:15:01 am »

we use the cats as grenades !

1. put a thermonuclear cat in fragile jar .
2. throw it !

release the nuclear fun in presidents pants !
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 22, 2012, 05:26:48 am »

if everybody has a nuke button in their room, the AI wont be the one to press it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 22, 2012, 06:22:05 am »

how do you know it? humans havent evolved even to functioning robots and you are suggesting to make artificial intelect that is worth of a human mind .

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 22, 2012, 07:01:32 am »

we use the cats as grenades !

1. put a thermonuclear cat in fragile jar .
2. throw it !

release the nuclear fun in presidents pants !

As director of M.A.D.P.L.A.N.S I am sanctioning this idea.
Someone build a factory, quickly!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #1236 on: August 22, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

i can donate a cat.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 22, 2012, 11:15:42 am »

How big and red will our self-destruct buttons be?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:06 am »

they should be about 30cm wide , with bright red color and they must be in all rooms .

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 22, 2012, 11:56:37 am »

Damn , double post !

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 22, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »

That is approppriatly huge.

It also woulld be hilarious for you to change "battle-rapping" into "battle-raping" in your sig.
Damn you, Cyanide & Happiness!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:30 pm »

haters gonna hate .
waiters gonna wait .
rappers gonna rape .

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 22, 2012, 08:18:24 pm »

Thermonuclear cats are an amazing idea.

We must arm our warheads with them.

A new kind of biological warfare emerges as man expands to mars...
Circus no. I'm the head gengineer, I have the right to say that that's impossible with the tools I have. Maybe cats weaponized somehow else, or ones with implanted nukes, but not inherently thermonuclear cats.

how do you know it? humans havent evolved even to functioning robots and you are suggesting to make artificial intelect that is worth of a human mind .
We are planning to convert carbon minds to silicon brains.

they should be about 30cm wide , with bright red color and they must be in all rooms .
That's just a safety hazard. Destroying our bases and killing us all would be as easy as shipping us some high-grade alcohol and waiting for someone to stumble into a button. Self-destruct buttons should need to be pressed intentionally by someone with the authority to decide to destroy all we've worked for.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »

Ok so we put all the self destruct buttons in one room, (along with controls to everything else) then dump some chump in there with 120 years worth of food and booze.

It works with fortresses.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 22, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »

Well, for starters, we'd need some way to control that one guy and keep him from dying. Humans don't have 150-year lifespans...
Also, we'd be putting our whole project into the hands of one guy with plenty of reason to hate us. I say, the self-destruct needs the approval of the head of the base or of two of the next level down, PLUS any AI or whatever stuck on the base. At a minimum. (This can be partially waived if some of those mentioned are not still alive. There's no use crying over every mistake.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 192