Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66214 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2012, 06:39:59 am »

Jim, UI: Jim's voting BMC and giving MrD slack for being new, UI's setup is somewhat different (lynch MrD as either Dopp or Ext, BMC is "Unknown not town" {The heck is this? Aren't all the non-town roles hostile? I don't recall seeing a neutral third party}). They've each made plenty of errors, what makes each of you give one some slack and want to string the other up?
By "unknown non-town" I'm saying I don't think he's town but beyond that have no idea what he is.

Because he sucks at Mafia. Taking that into account bumped him down a couple places.

That's it? His bandwagoning, poor reasons, borrowing others' questions, continual addition of reasons to his votes, many borrowed straight from other players, making strongly worded accusations that make no sense, and he gets to walk away from your scrutiny because he's bad?

Even if you don't think he's scum, there's lots of stuff to look at and you're not curious about any of it?

That's kind of hard to believe.
What part of "Scummy, bad at Mafia" or "Lesser suspects" don't you understand? I'm not writing him off as just being a stupid. That would be stupid.

I can't be coaching him in scum chat since I'm obviously not scum (because you are).
"Hey guys, have I told you how town I am lately?" And how the fuck would BMC being scum make you automatically not scum? Bussing is a thing that could happen, you know.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2012, 07:10:27 am »

Dear God, you are stupid.

That would be bad, but it was the discovery of three doppelganger pods in the basement that really sealed things. Three of your co-workers are already dead, and monsters have taken their place.
Note to self: read flavor. Yeah, I derped a bit there.

I never said I supported a Mr.Dwarfinton lynch. If I did, don't you think I'd be voting him?
'What's wrong with Mr.D lynch?' sounds... extremely like supporting it.

Er, ninja'd by Book. Point still applies, especially considering you just evaded the whole question immediatly.
Questioning the necessity of an extension when there's a clear majority to lynch a player is exactly that.
So you are entirely okay with town lynching someone you don't think is scum just because there's already a majority on him?

FUCK YOU. Everything you say is scummy bullshit. Go die in a fire.

BMC. It's hard for me to find something to say that hasn't already been said, but the list of reasons I read today isn't a short one. I could repeat everyone else's reasons, but that's both pot/kettle and not particularly useful either. I can list them tomorrow if need be, but this is the best I can do tonight.
...Wow. Did you just admit to having no arguments that weren't stolen from somewhere else, so you are voting him just because everyone else does?... Oh what the fuck. That's the most obvious bandwagon done in this thread so far, even beating out BMC's vote on Mr.D.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14:57 am »

Dariush: Please restate your case on Mr. D.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2012, 11:22:23 am »

Jim: Thank you.

Dar: The only thing I'd admit is that is was three in the morning. I didn't have time to trot out examples.

UI: Okay. So you think that both BMC and MrD are not town, but you're saying that MrD is almost certainly either a Dopp or Ext(Operative) based on...his interactions with Jim? Do I have that right? It kinda seems like you're starting at a goal (lynch Jim/MrD) and working out the alignments that could make that happen, then going backwards. (Sorry if this isn't clear; I can't find a way to articulate it better) BMC's been looking scummy, so you couldn't very well chalk him up as town, so tossed out this "unknown third party" bit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2012, 11:37:45 am »

Dariush:  While you're restating your case on Mr. D, please elaborate on who is scummier between him and Jim and why, and any dependencies each has the on the other's alignment.

Jim:  Fair enough.

Hapah:  You missed my last question:

If you were sure enough to vote Jim at end of D1, why not open D2 with doing so?

And have another:  what happened to your case on Jim?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2012, 12:37:37 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Bookthras, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush, Toaster, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Urist Imiknorris
blackmagechill: Hapah, Jim Groovester, Mr. Dwarfinton

Day end ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »

UI: Okay. So you think that both BMC and MrD are not town, but you're saying that MrD is almost certainly either a Dopp or Ext(Operative) based on...his interactions with Jim? Do I have that right? It kinda seems like you're starting at a goal (lynch Jim/MrD) and working out the alignments that could make that happen, then going backwards. (Sorry if this isn't clear; I can't find a way to articulate it better)
No. I'm looking at Jim's stance on Mr. D. It's sort of a one-way thing, as Mr. D isn't throwing up any associative tells I can see. And I'm pretty sure Jim's a dopp.

BMC's been looking scummy, so you couldn't very well chalk him up as town, so tossed out this "unknown third party" bit.
Unknown third party? I said unknown non-town - either dopp or a third party. You're misrepresenting my suspicions.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Night 1
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

Dariush: Please admit your reason for voting me is literally only because I voted you. The reason 'well it's obvious he's trying to start a bandwagon' is utter bullshit. No one who's scum would try to start a bandwagon in their first post, so stop being dick and actually look for the bad guys.
You know, Jim's signature had had (until recently) a quote that quite accurately reflects what I think about the above paragraph.
I want to bang my head against the wall, and then I want to bang your head against the wall so you can feel my pain.
It's filled with:
1) WIFOM;
2) "Why attack me, look at Dariush" thinking;
3) an extreme opinion switch as I noted above;
4) trying to put words in my mouth (because I explained my case numerous times during D1) and finally
5) hypocrisy (because you are voting me because I voted you).
You make a slip-up after slip-up, approaching the deepest depths of RiA. Fuck you, go hang.
This is actually a bit insulting. I'm new but not so stupid that I would try to get you lynched right off the bat without evidence. You're kind of a dick.
Also, what 'shit' have I done besides piss you off?
Did I accidentally insult you? Damn, I'm so sorry oh wait I totally am not. You slipped and now resort to all kinds of shit to cover that up. Let's see: going back on your vote, claiming it was a joke, 'hey look at Dariush and how he votes me because of a joke' appeal to the masses, appealing to my absent conscience, WIFOM (third to last sentence), some more appealing. If you only unvoted me and then forgot about the matter, I'd have probably written it off as a stupid joke indeed, but you just keep inventing excuses. Why?
Two main posts regarding my stance on Mr.D.

After doing a quick reread, I have reached the opinion that Mr.D is much more likely to be dopp a than an Exty, while for Jim the inverse is true (his reaction to Mr.D lynch that he doesn't support and simultaneously doesn't oppose and opposing the extension that can save someone he considers town). BMC is also probably a dopp (based on his Mr.D bandwagon, which stinks of a bus more than anything else). Since lynching the Exty is more important than lynching a dopp (since it would rid us of an NK), I'll shift my vote to Jim.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »

ToonyMan, please show up and address the questions pending for you.

Meph: please prod ToonyMan and Mr.Dwarfinton, who haven't posted in over 24 hours. Also, please extend.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »

UI: You're right about that second bit. But if Jim is a dopp, then what are the odds that BMC is a dopp? BMC has been trying to get MrD/Jim lynched pretty much the entire game, hasn't he?

Also, did something change? In reply 157 you stated that finding dopps was a secondary concern. You are voting Toony (your Ext pick), but you're not really trying to get anyone else on board, as far as I can tell. Are you content with a possible Dopp lynch when I believe you yourself stated that it could put town into a no-win tomorrow?

Book: Any suspicions besides Jim?

Toaster: Wasn't much of a case to begin with.

PPE: Two new posts already?

Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2012, 02:09:06 pm »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: Bookthras, Dariush, blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Toaster, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Urist Imiknorris
blackmagechill: Hapah, Jim Groovester, Mr. Dwarfinton

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thurday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »

Toaster:
BMC:
Toaster:
Everyone else was already using those reasons, so I felt like I should try to bring something to the table. Admittedly, it wasn't much, but there is a mounting wall of evidence on him, between the coaching and Jim diving on others to save his ass.

That's no reason to not say them in the first place.  I'm starting to think you didn't even have them in the first place.

This doesn't follow.  It ignores the point that your entire Jim case depends on Mr. D being scum and the fact that if they're both dopps, there's another team mate there to help him.

It also really irks me when I get my own reasons parroted back at me.  You hadn't mentioned coaching until I said it.
We know there are three dopps who can effectively control the lynches as it is with an enchanter. Unless there's four votes on a lynch, they can sway it to whoever (currently me) they want to kill. Also, I never mentioned coaching?

As for Mr.D, he's been jumpy with his vote (there was a post early in the game where he jumped right off of Dar after he posted something about a bandwagon), he's been using stupid reasons to vote (OMGUS being the most prevalent), a shit load of WIFOM, and a sudden understanding about how OMGUS works, almost as if someone contacted him in private about it. Maybe it was a sympathetic player, or, more likely, a dopp who wanted to go to the night with a full scum team.

I don't get what you're saying here.
I misread the vote there, but that doesn't change the fact the Jim has been out right protecting Mr.D, saying that he's just new town the entire time, when Mr.D is guilty of the same things he says I am, but that's okay because he's newtown and doesn't need to scum hunt.

Please link this.  I've been back through all of D2 and only see myself voting Mr. D, which I've been doing since day start.  Perhaps you're looking at this post where UI is voting me, not the other way around?
I misread and that's why I stopped post, although you've probably already seen that.

@Jim:

Mr.Dwarfinton is making a bunch classic noob mistakes. E.G., giving up completely is something a lot of new players do because they're frustrated. That he's committing these mistakes doesn't tell me a lot about him. BMC, on the other hand, is trying to make lynches happen and is trying to be convincing about it, but he's either incapable of hiding his true motives well enough or that's the way he comes across. BMC is legitimately bad at mafia, I'll admit, but that doesn't significantly change my read on him.
I'm trying to lynch who I think is scum. As far as I know, this is the basis of scumhunting, right? And people don't run with a lynch because I said so, they want arguments that aren't stolen (that's why it looked like vote padding, those arguments were what I though hadn't been mentioned or looked at.)

I don't want to pull a Hapah and just say that everyone else is doing it, so, why not? Remember when I said all of that shit about that the dopps only need three visible votes on a member of the town? They're making happen, right now.

Hapah:
BMC. It's hard for me to find something to say that hasn't already been said, but the list of reasons I read today isn't a short one. I could repeat everyone else's reasons, but that's both pot/kettle and not particularly useful either. I can list them tomorrow if need be, but this is the best I can do tonight.
What the hell is this shit? List all your "reasons" and be sure to include scum bandwagon at the top of the list.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »

What part of "Scummy, bad at Mafia" or "Lesser suspects" don't you understand? I'm not writing him off as just being a stupid. That would be stupid.

But you haven't shown a lot of interest in him either.

No questions? No nothing? Not a comment directed at him?

Right.

"Hey guys, have I told you how town I am lately?" And how the fuck would BMC being scum make you automatically not scum? Bussing is a thing that could happen, you know.

God damn, it's like you've never heard of snidely attacking people in the middle of answering questions.

After doing a quick reread, I have reached the opinion that Mr.D is much more likely to be dopp a than an Exty, while for Jim the inverse is true (his reaction to Mr.D lynch that he doesn't support and simultaneously doesn't oppose and opposing the extension that can save someone he considers town). BMC is also probably a dopp (based on his Mr.D bandwagon, which stinks of a bus more than anything else). Since lynching the Exty is more important than lynching a dopp (since it would rid us of an NK), I'll shift my vote to Jim.

How about you find me the exact post where I said I think Mr.Dwarfinton is town, because I've repeatedly said that I think he is a noob and I can't tell what his alignment is.

If you're going to vote me, at least make sure your reasons are grounded in reality instead of tunnelvision by Bookthras.

Because, let's be honest here, you just borrowed all that shit from Bookthras without thinking.

I'm trying to lynch who I think is scum. As far as I know, this is the basis of scumhunting, right? And people don't run with a lynch because I said so, they want arguments that aren't stolen (that's why it looked like vote padding, those arguments were what I though hadn't been mentioned or looked at.)

Yes, you're just a good, honest townsperson trying to make a living in this harsh world find a good scum lynch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

You know how video games give you bad grades?  I wasted all of yesterday playing a VN...

You are voting BMC (and I agree he's scummy): do you think he's scum of a particular flavour? Who do you suspect of being the Ext at the moment? What is your read of Toony and Toaster?
Toaster, Toony: please answer the same question (with your current vote target and reads of Jim and each other, obviously).
Mr.D is probably a dopp.  I can imagine his partners screaming at each other in the chat.  Ext is totally Urist Imik or Hapah.  No read on Toaster.  Jim seems town.

Toony: Is Mr. D the only scum, or do you have an actual reason for sitting around with your thumb up your ass? As for the voting thing, I'm not asking Hapah to vote. I'm asking him to hunt. Do you understand the difference between those two?
No I don't, make it clear for me oh marvelous vague one.

And no, Mr.D isn't my only scum.  I already answered before I don't like how you or Hapah are acting.  I think that was a question you yourself asked, great job Mr. Exty.  Of course...I'd rather lynch a high probability dopp then a complete 50/50 on either you or Hapah...

Toony:  You've posted no real content today.  Who is your #2 pick and why?  Why are you being so quiet?
It's Urist Imik and Hapah dammit!  If you really want to know it was Muv-Luv Unlimited.  I started yesterday and then I didn't go asleep until like 6pm and yeah...

Toaster repeating questions to sound useful - 1

Toony: What is your deal? Have your opinions been solidified or changed by any of the arguments for Mr.D's lynch?
No.  Scum.

You are voting Toony (your Ext pick), but you're not really trying to get anyone else on board, as far as I can tell. Are you content with a possible Dopp lynch when I believe you yourself stated that it could put town into a no-win tomorrow?
Because he's the exty??  That actually convinces me a bit more.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:49 pm »

Also, did something change? In reply 157 you stated that finding dopps was a secondary concern. You are voting Toony (your Ext pick), but you're not really trying to get anyone else on board, as far as I can tell. Are you content with a possible Dopp lynch when I believe you yourself stated that it could put town into a no-win tomorrow?
My problem here is that I don't know how.

...Which probably means I either need more evidence or my suspects list is screwed up. Serves me right for rereading when I should have been sleeping.

UI: You're right about that second bit. But if Jim is a dopp, then what are the odds that BMC is a dopp? BMC has been trying to get MrD/Jim lynched pretty much the entire game, hasn't he?
I fucking knew I was missing something. Extend - I want to go over both Toony and BMC with a fine-toothed comb. But if you're right BMC has suddenly been elevated to "main suspect - ext".

But you haven't shown a lot of interest in him either.

No questions? No nothing? Not a comment directed at him?

Right.
Couldn't think of any questions at the time. Figured out why.

PPE: Toony:
Mr.D is probably a dopp.  I can imagine his partners screaming at each other in the chat.
Do you have any idea who his partners might be?

And if it's 50/50 between me or Hapah being the ext, would you like to explain why? In detail?

Toony: Is Mr. D the only scum, or do you have an actual reason for sitting around with your thumb up your ass? As for the voting thing, I'm not asking Hapah to vote. I'm asking him to hunt. Do you understand the difference between those two?
No I don't, make it clear for me oh marvelous vague one.
Okay. How does voting help find scum?

And no, Mr.D isn't my only scum.  I already answered before I don't like how you or Hapah are acting.  I think that was a question you yourself asked, great job Mr. Exty.
I will repeat my questions if the answer is unsatisfactory. The answer I was looking for was you questioning people.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31