Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66105 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:00 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dustylou2: blackmagechill      
Jim Grooveter: Shakerag       
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush, Toaster, zombie urist
ToonyMan:   Urist Imiknorris      
zombie urist: Bookthras, Dustylou2, ToonyMan, Jim Grooveter

The day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2012, 11:31:05 pm »

Book:  I apologize, but I got started late on day end for RM5 and don't have time to get to you tonight.  I will deliver in the AM or may a thousand fluffy rabbits crap on my car.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2012, 07:08:56 am »

-Dariush, for being notably tunnelly and not scumhunting at all.
Tunnely how? If you disagree with some part of my Mr.D case, be more specific.
Dariush: Are you going to stop insulting people and start questioning them? Are you going to start insulting/questioning more than one person (poking someone for activity doesn't count)? Basically, are you going to start being Dariush or are you going to continue being a piece of shit?
* Dariush test test 1 2 3

Huh, looks like it still says 'Dariush' and not 'a piece of shit'. Your information is incorrect.

Dusty, is your vote on ZU a pressure one or a lynch one? If the former, are you going to let it sit there until the day end? If latter, state your reasons. Also why are you resorting to RVS questions during what is decidedly not RVS?

Toony, why are you bandwagoning ZU on accusation of bandwagoning?

This is actually a bit insulting. I'm new but not so stupid that I would try to get you lynched right off the bat without evidence. You're kind of a dick.
Also, what 'shit' have I done besides piss you off?
Did I accidentally insult you? Damn, I'm so sorry oh wait I totally am not. You slipped and now resort to all kinds of shit to cover that up. Let's see: going back on your vote, claiming it was a joke, 'hey look at Dariush and how he votes me because of a joke' appeal to the masses, appealing to my absent conscience, WIFOM (third to last sentence), some more appealing. If you only unvoted me and then forgot about the matter, I'd have probably written it off as a stupid joke indeed, but you just keep inventing excuses. Why?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2012, 07:51:02 am »

Book:  Dustylou I read as new, but trying.  His current vote is a RV though, so he needs to get on and lay down a final vote for the day, ideally with good reasoning.  Final read- neutral.

Zombie is contributing the bare minimum, notably only explaining his scum picks when prodded to do so.  Final read- fair to middling scummy.

BMC:  You never answered this question (emphasis added):

BMC:
Toaster: Which scum do you think is most dangerous, dopps or aliens? Why?

I'd say the dopp team.  Both the hivemind and exty stand a decent chance of being offed by the dopps, and the others aren't as threatening.  Hivemind/exty both want dopps dead, as well.  The dopps, however, are a cohesive organized group, probably with a decent mix of roles.

Which are you most interested in lynching?

Zombie:  Since you know what a pressure vote is, why can't you recognize one when you see it?

Mr. D:
ZU: You realize I wasn't actually trying to start a bandwagon right?
Toaster: Any tips on how to hunt scum or will you just say "Well he's obviously scum because he's not trying to hunt scum"?

Saying you weren't doing something doesn't make it actually the case.  Actions speak louder than words.

Also, I'd suggest reading IC intro posts from old BMs or Dakarian's scumhunting guide- spoilered below.

Also, I'd suggest BM XX's scum chat for my old guide to blending in as scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2012, 11:18:19 am »

Dariush:
-Dariush, for being notably tunnelly and not scumhunting at all.
Tunnely how? If you disagree with some part of my Mr.D case, be more specific.
Oh this is rich. Your contributions this game (prior to your latest post):

-WTFing at Toony
-Poking BMC to post more
-Shrugging off my question
-Attacking Mr. D

Do you see the problem here? You'd only been attacking one person for most of the day - why?

Dusty, is your vote on ZU a pressure one or a lynch one? If the former, are you going to let it sit there until the day end? If latter, state your reasons. Also why are you resorting to RVS questions during what is decidedly not RVS?

See, was that so hard?

Mr. D: Why did you blatantly reuse other peoples' RVS questions?

BMC: Where are you and who are your top three scumpicks?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2012, 11:20:53 am »

Zombie:
About Toaster I meant that he probably is. This is based on the fact that he voted Mr. D with minimal reasoning.
Is that all you based your read on? He has posted some reasons, do you still think he "probably is"?

Toaster: Damn you for answering. I really liked the image of a thousand fluffy rabbits crapping on your car. Oh well. Aside from Mr.D, who is your next scummy pick and why? Also, please clarify:
Mr. D:
Toaster: Any tips on how to hunt scum or will you just say "Well he's obviously scum because he's not trying to hunt scum"?
Saying you weren't doing something doesn't make it actually the case.  Actions speak louder than words.
So, what do his actions tell you? Was he trying to start a wagon?

Shake:
I hate being asked for multiple scumpicks on D1.  It just doesn't feel like there's been enough time.  Having said that [...] yeah, extend because I've been busy.
Thanks for the terse reply. Day was extended, and ends today, please take advantage of it and become more involved.

BMC, Shakerag: please ask each other a question, and tell me which of Hapah, Jim and Toaster seems scummier to you at the moment.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2012, 11:36:02 am »

Book:
Toaster: Damn you for answering. I really liked the image of a thousand fluffy rabbits crapping on your car. Oh well. Aside from Mr.D, who is your next scummy pick and why? Also, please clarify:
Mr. D:
So, what do his actions tell you? Was he trying to start a wagon?

I don't really think so.  It was a poorly thought out thing to do, but I don't think it was actually scummy.  However, his denial of it being so is defensive and makes me think perhaps it was the case.

However, looking back at that did make me realize one thing:

Mephansteras: Can we have a vote count?

Here he FoSes Zombie, which ordinarily wouldn't bug me except for one thing- he isn't voting anyone.  That, couple with him wanting a vote count to be sure, says "scum trying to avoid getting himself lynched" to me in big, bold letters.  He doesn't care who he votes as long as he doesn't get the noose.

I'm quite convinced of his scum status now.

As for a second pick, I really don't have a noticeable scum read on anyone else, at the moment; not a lot happened today (and this extension is being so well used. </sarcasm>)  If you need a name, BMC is bugging me for not having posted in a couple days and still sitting on a weak vote.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:08 pm »

But, this is mafia. The why at the end of every question is implicit. I feel like you've been around here long enough to have realized that at some point.
You feel off. You're answering questions, but in a short, terse manner that makes me feel like you're trying to avoid attracting attention.
Gut says zombie urist, vote also says zombie urist. Why are you trying to avoid attention by picking at easy targets and answering questions without a lot of depth?
Meh. I don't answer the why unless its explicitly stated. When I ask questions I also always explicitly ask the why. I'm not trying to avoid attention, I just think that Mr. D is scum. I answer questions with the amount of depth that I think is needed.

Zombie:  Since you know what a pressure vote is, why can't you recognize one when you see it?
Putting the third vote on someone with minimal explanation looks like bandwagoning much more than a pressure vote.

Zombie:
About Toaster I meant that he probably is. This is based on the fact that he voted Mr. D with minimal reasoning.
Is that all you based your read on? He has posted some reasons, do you still think he "probably is"?
It depends on whether Mr. D is scum or not.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2012, 12:40:43 pm »

Zombie:
It depends on whether Mr. D is scum or not.
I would like to hear how Mr. D's alignment is related to Toaster's.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »

If Mr.D is scum, Toasters analysis would be correct and genuine, so he probably would be non-scum.
If not, anything goes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »

Zombie:
If Mr.D is scum, Toasters analysis would be correct and genuine, so he probably would be non-scum.
If not, anything goes.

My analysis is based on my perception of his alignment.  His flip would have no bearing on my alignment- either direction.  If (when) he flips scum, you shouldn't clear me over it just as much as you shouldn't condemn me if he does flip town.

Putting the third vote on someone with minimal explanation looks like bandwagoning much more than a pressure vote.

I suppose it could be read that way.  Regardless, he was explicitly saying he was taking a passive stance- a move I consider fairly scummy- so I acted on it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

As for a second pick, I really don't have a noticeable scum read on anyone else, at the moment; not a lot happened today (and this extension is being so well used. </sarcasm>)
I saw this more to slow the pace down and make sure the lynch went through smoothly.  There was a lot of activity before the lynch yesterday that could have went poorly.

If the 'third vote' is what constitutes a bandwagon vote then if I posted eight minutes sooner I would have been the second vote, before Bookthras.  Of course, I was making my post during that time and had no awareness.

Otherwise I don't see how it could be a bandwagon.

Also Zombie.  You have not convinced me in your new posts today.  Hang scum!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:09 pm »

Just a note to Dar, first:

Dar: Just to be safe, you might want to state your vote again. Since you put your own name in red, it seems entirely possible that Meph might count you as voting yourself if he was rushed when putting together the numbers. Just an observation, is all.

Jim: I just noticed the enchanter explanation. Thank you! It gets a lot more flexible since they can't tell where the vote is coming from, but I still couldn't sign off on tying the vote in that fashion as a general rule. LYLO, I think I'd definitely do it. It also seems that the dopps could use it to frame a townie. If there were two townie lynch candidates, vote 3-2, and it ends up in a no-lynch, you can be sure that the person with three votes is going to catch hell the next day (or maybe even that night). Could be an interesting lead-in to a Plasma Bomb, if the bomb works like I think it does. But again, I don't typically try any crafty stuff like that in my first game or two of a particular gametype: there's almost always some angle I don't see that will come back to haunt me.

Also, doesn't ZU normally answer questions in rather brief statements? I don't recall him every being the very verbose type.

ZU:
That MrD-Toaster alignment connection does seem kinda weak. Doesn't it boil down to "he's right if he's right and he's wrong if he's wrong" ?

Dusty, BMC: Where are you guys at? (pot and kettle, I know)

Dusty: What do you think of Shakerag's suspicions of you? Do they seem reasonable?

MrD: It looks like you might not get lynched today. What do you think of your new lease on life? What do you plan to do?

Shake: The reason for your vote on Jim looks awfully thin for being this late in the day. What do you think of ZU and MrD?

I'll be back before day end (it's about...four hours off, yeah?)

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »

BMC, Shakerag: please ask each other a question, and tell me which of Hapah, Jim and Toaster seems scummier to you at the moment.
You ... what?  I'm not opposed to the notion, but I'm scratching my head at the reasoning.  Why? 

Of the three, I'd pick Toaster presently.  I don't remember Hapah standing out to me much (outside of being a lush), and Jim is being Jim.  Toaster feels a bit off (as someone else mentioned) and I noted that I thought he jumped on Mr D. a bit quickly earlier in the thread. 

bmc: Do you still think Dustylou2's behavior is suspicious?  What's your opinion of ToonyMan's play so far?

Shake: The reason for your vote on Jim looks awfully thin for being this late in the day. What do you think of ZU and MrD?
Yeah, as he didn't expect much out of my response, I suppose the same was to be felt from my end.  Unvote

Mr. D I'm getting a newtown vibe from for now, but zombie urist is likely scum.  Stating at post #73 that he was pretty sure Mr. D is scum and not thinking an extend was needed ... yeah, I think there are problems there. 

Dariush: Why are you so concerned about people voting ZU?  Don't want your scumbuddy getting lynched D1? 

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »

Zombie:
If not, anything goes.
My analysis is based on my perception of his alignment.  His flip would have no bearing on my alignment- either direction.  If (when) he flips scum, you shouldn't clear me over it just as much as you shouldn't condemn me if he does flip town.
I suppose it could be read that way.  Regardless, he was explicitly saying he was taking a passive stance- a move I consider fairly scummy- so I acted on it.
If you were scum, you would know Mr. D to be non-scum. Thus your attacks wouldn't be genuine or based on perception.

ZU:[/b] That MrD-Toaster alignment connection does seem kinda weak. Doesn't it boil down to "he's right if he's right and he's wrong if he's wrong" ?
Not quite. If Mr. D is scum, I would be less inclined to believe Toaster is also scum because his attempts don't feel like a bus. If Mr. D is not scum, then Toaster's initial vote looks like a bandwagon attempt for a mislynch.

Mr. D I'm getting a newtown vibe from for now, but zombie urist is likely scum.  Stating at post #73 that he was pretty sure Mr. D is scum and not thinking an extend was needed ... yeah, I think there are problems there. 
This is pretty lazy. What problems are there?

Day ends in ~2 hours, and I still think Mr. D is scum. I also find it interesting that Hapah is FoSing me without voting. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31