Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66152 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:37 pm »

Unvote Dariush

ToonyMan: Why are you angry/disappointed that Jim cant post for the next few days?
Because the amount of inactive players in that period is accumulating?  I don't like that.

Mr. D: Why the useless question and why are you laughing your actions off?
This reeks of bandwagon vote Zombie.  You could just admit it's a pressure vote you know...or have an actual reason.  Do you admit that or am I hounding your chain?

@ToonyMan: It wasn't so much the fact that you randomly selected someone as it was the lack of a question that made me curious.
I suppose it's my fault for being cryptic, but following the thread before the game started would have given some clues.

Toony: I love your opener. Did you get the responses you were looking for?
Yep I think I'm good now.

PPE:
I was going to make a response to the last thing Zombie said but I rechecked the thread and Bookthras beat me to it.  I should have woken up earlier...

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »

Mr. D:
I have no questions. Inform me if I missed anything.

Then I will vote you until you do.

I meant 'I have no questions right now.' I had to go places when I posted that.

Hahaha, calm down. It was a joke because Toony started it off with just voting you. You guys take mafia so seriously. unvote
Hahaha, awesome joke. I totally appreciated it oh wait I didn't and you're scum backing out of a vote under slightest pressure. Now really go hang.
Hahaha, calm your shit.
Hahaha, wait do you really expect me to believe you're town after all the shit you've managed to do in... what, 30 hours since the game start?
Just look at Dariush, he is currently flipping his top because of an unfunny joke vote. That's what happens when you take this game too seriously.
Translation: "Please look away from me. I know I slipped and I want all of you to conveniently forget about me."

This is actually a bit insulting. I'm new but not so stupid that I would try to get you lynched right off the bat without evidence. You're kind of a dick.
Also, what 'shit' have I done besides piss you off?

ZU: Which would you want to be and why: Detective, Reporter or Agent? Also, how would you identify a town looking player?
Toaster: Is Dariush's anger better for the scum or town?
Book: Don't worry about it. Which bodyguard ability would you want if you had to choose one?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 03:22:59 pm »

Mr. D:  Day is over in 4 hours, and you're still RVS questioning?  The time for that has passed.  Now the vote stays until you can convince me that you have a genuine interest in finding scum.  (Hint- I don't think you do because you are scum and ergo aren't interested in finding scum)

I meant 'I have no questions right now.' I had to go places when I posted that.

Then you should say so.

Toaster: Is Dariush's anger better for the scum or town?

Depends.  If it becomes a distraction, it's better for scum, since it can distract away from actual hunting.  If it's just part of his post and nothing more, then it's fine.

As an aside, I've found that Town Dariush is a lot angrier and blunter than Scum Dariush.  My read on him right now is fairly neutral, but my read on the question you asked is that you're trying to get me to look at him instead of you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 03:27:42 pm »

Book: Which bodyguard ability would you want if you had to choose one?
I direct the questioner to my contribution prior to my last. My position on the relevant issues has not varied in the intervening 24 hours:

Bookthras: If you were human and could chose any type of guard to be, which one would you chose?
Vengeful. Because fuck'em.

PPE: Toaster: So your pressure vote on him ("I'll vote you until you ask questions") is now a formal lynch vote, yes? How sure are you of his scummitude? Please tell me your reads of Zombie and Dustylou2, and whether you'd think extending would be useful to get Shakerag, Imiknorris, and BMC more involved in the game?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 03:37:46 pm »

How could I prove it? I'm not very good when it comes to asking questions so I doubt I'll uncover a scum on day 1.

Toaster: Why do you believe I'm scum? Is it because of one bad joke?

Whoever wants to answer questions for a new guy: What does RVS mean and what is blue text used for?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

Toony, Bookthras: I'm voting Mr. D because I think he's scum. My reasons for this are the "joke" bandwagoning attempt, the totally useless, but connected to the game question, and the vote withdrawal. About Toaster I meant that he probably is. This is based on the fact that he voted Mr. D with minimal reasoning.

ZU: Which would you want to be and why: Detective, Reporter or Agent? Also, how would you identify a town looking player?
Reporter. They can't be fooled by visible modifiers. By seeing who's actively scumhunting.

Whoever wants to answer questions for a new guy: What does RVS mean and what is blue text used for?
RVS = random vote stage. Blue text is FoS (Finger of Suspicion), which means that someone is suspicious, but not worthy of a vote.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »

Imiknorris, Shakerag:
Please tell me your top three scummy picks
First is Toony, for tying the vote with four hours left (Extend btw).

Others are tricky:
-Toaster feels off, but I'm not sure why.
-Dariush, for being notably tunnelly and not scumhunting at all.

what do you think of Toaster's justification for jumping onto Mr.D's wagon, this close to end of day?
I think what are you smoking - that happened ~2 hours after midday.
(PPE: Wait what it's Wednesday already? I think I smell a bandwagon now.)

Dariush: Are you going to stop insulting people and start questioning them? Are you going to start insulting/questioning more than one person (poking someone for activity doesn't count)? Basically, are you going to start being Dariush or are you going to continue being a piece of shit?

Mr. D: RVS is the Random Voting Stage, that part at the beginning of the game where nobody has any reads so they vote random people and ask them questions. Blue text represents a Finger of Suspicion (FoS), which is a declaration of suspicion that is either not worth voting someone for or not worth removing one's current vote for.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2012, 03:43:34 pm »

Book:  You are correct.  I'm sure enough to see him hang.

Off the top of my head, I don't have a read on either of them other than Zombie is quiet and Dustylou is new, and I'm out of time to dig deeper on them to give you a better answer.

I'm not sure we need an extension for that, but I believe the vote is tied, so we might as well extend and fix both those problems.  I'll give you a better read on those two later tonight.

Mr. D:  I believe you are scum because I don't believe you are trying to find scum.  Your so-called "joke vote" looked bad, but it's a minor factor to me.

RVS means Random Vote Stage.  Most games start with players picking a random player, voting them, then asking something like a hypothetical about the game setup.  This continues for an RL day or so until serious accusations start being levelled.  At this point, RVS is over and the real meat begins- players voting each other and attacking because of slights determined by actions.

Blue text means "Finger of Suspicion."  It means that you think said person is suspicious or outright scummy, but the blue texter isn't voting them for whatever reason (usually they are voting someone they think is even scummier.

Zombie:  Do you know what a pressure vote is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »

When you vote someone for pressure?

Extend
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

Can we extend this? A few people haven't been that active and this has gone by rather fast.

ZU: You realize I wasn't actually trying to start a bandwagon right?
Toaster: Any tips on how to hunt scum or will you just say "Well he's obviously scum because he's not trying to hunt scum"?

I'm pretty sure ZU will be lynched if the day ends because he has four votes.

Mephansteras: Can we have a vote count?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:23 pm »

When you vote someone for pressure?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. D: Hello, what have we here? Toony + Book + Dustylou does not make four. Does the dopp team have an enchanter?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2012, 04:02:38 pm »

Oops, I guess I was stupid and counted wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2012, 04:42:03 pm »

Extend

Toony, Bookthras: I'm voting Mr. D because I think he's scum. My reasons for this are the "joke" bandwagoning attempt, the totally useless, but connected to the game question, and the vote withdrawal. About Toaster I meant that he probably is. This is based on the fact that he voted Mr. D with minimal reasoning.
RVS can be considerably silly, but I don't think it actually gives a convincing tell.  Not withdrawing the vote would be even more odd, right?  Either that or he would be really stubborn to keep a joke vote down.  The only thing I can agree with is the questions but I think he is more genuinely incompetent and green and your actions outweigh his.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2012, 05:01:38 pm »

Imiknorris, Shakerag:
Please tell me your top three scummy picks, and what do you think of Toaster's justification for jumping onto Mr.D's wagon, this close to end of day?
I hate being asked for multiple scumpicks on D1.  It just doesn't feel like there's been enough time.  Having said that (in no particular order):

Toaster - I feel like he's jumping on Mr. D a bit quickly, and some part of me wants to associate his aggressiveness this game as scum-Toaster. 

Dustylou2 - Wonder if the change of heart was from sleeping on it or advice from scumbuddies.

And - ...

Jim:  So what exactly was the point of your question, then?  Smells like reaction fishing to me. 

And, yeah, extend because I've been busy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2012, 05:12:33 pm »

Extend.

ZU's Question: I have reasons behind my questions. See above. Someone has to be the Joker here, it's definitely not going to be Dariush apparently.

Games of mafia need funny guys like the town needs town martyrs and scum needs self-voting gambits.

In other words, they don't. If you're not contributing to the hunt then you're a liability, and guess what happens to liabilities? They get lynched.

How could I prove it? I'm not very good when it comes to asking questions so I doubt I'll uncover a scum on day 1.

Lack of knowledge about what to do is no excuse. Unguided effort is better than nothing.

You should seriously consider signing up for the Beginner's Mafia currently in signups, since it's abundantly clear you have no idea what you're doing.

And I guess I'm still a little unclear on how the enchanter works. Can I toggle it on and off? If I was one and voted you right now, would I show up twice or with two votes? In the case you presented, if it was me plus two on a person and I was the enchanter, would they know that I put in the extra vote, or would they just see that there were four votes and three people?

The extra vote is hidden, and it can be turned on and off with a PM to Meph.

I.E., if the vote looks something like this,

JanusTwoface: Hapah, ToonyMan, Pandarsenic
webadict: webadict, forsaken1111, Jim Groovester, NUKE9.13

At the end of the day, it would be a no lynch, but as far as everybody else knew up to that point, WUBA DUBA would've been strung up.

Okay. So why not mention your reasons when you answered the question the first time?
Because you didn't ask the first time.

But, this is mafia. The why at the end of every question is implicit. I feel like you've been around here long enough to have realized that at some point.

You feel off. You're answering questions, but in a short, terse manner that makes me feel like you're trying to avoid attracting attention.

Gut says zombie urist, vote also says zombie urist. Why are you trying to avoid attention by picking at easy targets and answering questions without a lot of depth?

Jim:  So what exactly was the point of your question, then?  Smells like reaction fishing to me. 

What question? The one directed to you at the start of the game?

To get the conversation going, of course. That's the purpose of RVS questions. It's too much to expect that you'd slip up in such an obvious way and answer 'Yes! I'm really excited to be scum!' but depending on your answer there could be followup and other things worth pursuing.

You answered the question in the way that provokes the least amount of discussion, which tends to be the best way to answer questions on an individual level but the least useful from a group standpoint. I.E., it's hard to find scum, and from a less alignment-oriented view, lynches in general, if nobody slips up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31