Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66122 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2012, 12:40:46 am »

PPE Yay I found the prview button so the quotes work! And sorry ZU, I've been gone from work for almost a week so there was a lot of catching up to do and a drink or four sounded real good after that.
Quote from: IO
Hapah: Which of the players in this game would you be most worried about being scum? (i.e. 'I would hate to play against ___ as scum because...')
Book, because he's a crafty guy.\It's hard for me to tell what hes thinking on a goo day.

Quote from: BMC
Hapah:Who do you think would be the most detrimental to town in this game?
The scum! Har. Really though, probablyDar because people will think that he's scum just because he's a grumpy guy.

Quote from: Shake
Hapah: If you were scum, would you use the fact that PMs are allowed in Paranormal games to spread confusion?  How?
Hell no. I still don't understand half the orle interactions as is, no way I'm confident enough  of the mechanics to try t something crafty. Walk beforey ou run, you know?

Quote from: Breakfast becaue Toeast sounds good
Hapah:  If you were a dopp enchanter, would you force a tie vote to save a scumbuddy?
not unless I was very confient that there were no roles that could stop me, since if the NK was blocked it'd paint me and the scumbuddy in a really bad light

I think MrD is probably own, I don't see scum losing their cool like that.Imean, he shouldn't lose his cool like that, but I'd expect better of scum. Also, note to future me, do NOT get on IO's bad side: he )she? Doesn't metter) is really prickly if I act like a git.

IO: Why are you castrating MrD? Sure he fucked up, but jesus that was a harsh post. Side of you I haven't seen before.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2012, 12:55:42 am »

@ToonyMan: It wasn't so much the fact that you randomly selected someone as it was the lack of a question that made me curious.

@Shakerag: Makes sense. Unvote.

@Hapah: You answered my question, but... you realize I'm not IO, right? :P

zombie urist: Say that you're the alien hivemind. In general, what sort of player would you choose to assimilate?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2012, 01:32:07 am »

Sometimes I say dumb and petty things. I feel that everybody has at some point, and Dariush was a complete prick in BYOP2. That might not be a whole lot of justification, but he was quite the douche.

Mafia games are not the place to hash out grudges and lynches aren't to be used to get back at people you don't like.

Now why don't you give me an actual answer to my question.

Most people would target a hard to read person and killing a bunch of people N1 would leave town confused.

Okay. So why not mention your reasons when you answered the question the first time?

PPE Yay I found the prview button so the quotes work! And sorry ZU, I've been gone from work for almost a week so there was a lot of catching up to do and a drink or four sounded real good after that.

Are you in your right mind with this post?

You probably shouldn't drink and post. That's usually not a good idea.

IO: Why are you castrating MrD? Sure he fucked up, but jesus that was a harsh post. Side of you I haven't seen before.

Yeah, if you're not sober while posting you might as well not be posting at all.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 02:53:59 am »

Hahaha, calm down. It was a joke because Toony started it off with just voting you. You guys take mafia so seriously. unvote
Hahaha, awesome joke. I totally appreciated it oh wait I didn't and you're scum backing out of a vote under slightest pressure. Now really go hang.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2012, 05:58:46 am »

Dustylou:
@ToonyMan: That's not much of an excuse. There's no reason that a town player would act like this; your behavior so far only makes sense if you're some sort of Jester (spore spreader in this case), or scum relying on refuge in audacity to save him. Not going to move my vote until you can get me a better reason, or someone else shows up who is both scummy and not evidently suicidal.
The words "makes sense" should never be used in a sentence about Toony.

Toaster:
Urist I:
Toaster: Would you rather have a mind shield or anti-tech field?

Probably the mind shield.  Getting blocked is annoying, and the tech abilities generally aren't very threatening- snooper bots, tracking devices, et al.
Is getting killed by a deadman bomb, assassin bot or plasma bomb not more detrimental than getting blocked? Is a mind control ray also less worrisome? How do you view the mind shield's effect on telepaths?

Dariush: Are you going to do anything other than yell at Mr. D?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 09:05:58 am »

BMC:
@Jim: Probably Dariush. He's completely unlikeable.

Petty reasons are dumb. Why'd you pick a dumb and petty reason?
Sometimes I say dumb and petty things. I feel that everybody has at some point, and Dariush was a complete prick in BYOP2. That might not be a whole lot of justification, but he was quite the douche.

What relevance does that have to his alignment in this game?

Urist I:
Is getting killed by a deadman bomb, assassin bot or plasma bomb not more detrimental than getting blocked? Is a mind control ray also less worrisome? How do you view the mind shield's effect on telepaths?

Perhaps, but they're all also much less likely to happen.  I suppose the mind shield is general protection against more common effects, while the tech field is specific protection against more potent threats.  The telepath effect?  Not much to say about it- it's just like tech and snooper bots/tracking devices in how it prevents a flavor of inspection.

It's not like I'd pick either option as a scientist, anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:58 am »

Friends Don't Let Friends Play Mafia Drunk.

(Too bad none of my friends play Mafia!)

I'll put together a post that isn't me being a total git today.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 09:21:55 am »

Hahaha, calm down. It was a joke because Toony started it off with just voting you. You guys take mafia so seriously. unvote
Hahaha, awesome joke. I totally appreciated it oh wait I didn't and you're scum backing out of a vote under slightest pressure. Now really go hang.

Hahaha, calm your shit.

To whoever asked why I don't take mafia seriously. I'm too lazy to quote it right now: Im not going to start being really silly but I don't find it to be a super serious thing. Just look at Dariush, he is currently flipping his top because of an unfunny joke vote. That's what happens when you take this game too seriously.

ZU's Question: I have reasons behind my questions. See above. Someone has to be the Joker here, it's definitely not going to be Dariush apparently.

I have no questions. Inform me if I missed anything.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 09:58:36 am »

Mr. D:

Then I will vote you until you do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:59 am »

Okay, okay.

Quote from: Dusty
Which of the players in this game would you be most worried about being scum? (i.e. 'I would hate to play against ___ as scum because...')
I'm reading that as "who do I hope isn't scum" and not "who would I be afraid of if I was scum". Any of the vets (Book especially. I feel like he knows where all my buttons are.), because they have a game or six of Paranormal experience and I've got nothing!

Quote from: BMC
Who do you think would be the most detrimental to town in this game?
Me, apparently. I'm a distraction. .__.;

Quote from: Shake
If you were scum, would you use the fact that PMs are allowed in Paranormal games to spread confusion?  How?
Probably not, since I don't have the experience. I don't like trying anything crafty until I've had a game or two of the variant; if I was scum and tried it now it'd probably just blow up in my face in ways I didn't anticipate.

Quote from: Toaster
If you were a dopp enchanter, would you force a tie vote to save a scumbuddy?
Nah, because it'll look really bad the next day. Maybe if it was LYLO and I was very certain the kill could go through, but that's a rather narrow case.

MrD: Mafia is Serious Business. Take it from a repentant drunky. If you've got no vote out and no questions, then you've got no hope of living.

BMC: Grudges and policy lynches aren't a good thing to do (but I really want to make an exception for Tir. When was the last time that guy was Town?).

Toony: I love your opener. Did you get the responses you were looking for?

Do we want to extend it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 10:32:28 am »

Hapah:
Quote from: Toaster
If you were a dopp enchanter, would you force a tie vote to save a scumbuddy?
Nah, because it'll look really bad the next day. Maybe if it was LYLO and I was very certain the kill could go through, but that's a rather narrow case.

What if you had already voted on the second place person early in the day, and it was, for example, 4 players voting your scumbuddy and three including you on the next person?

Do we want to extend it?

I don't know.  Do you?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

Dariush: Are you going to do anything other than yell at Mr. D?
Oh, of course. Do you mean "Go participate in RVS instead of attacking a scummy fuck"?

Hahaha, calm your shit.
Hahaha, wait do you really expect me to believe you're town after all the shit you've managed to do in... what, 30 hours since the game start?
Just look at Dariush, he is currently flipping his top because of an unfunny joke vote. That's what happens when you take this game too seriously.
Translation: "Please look away from me. I know I slipped and I want all of you to conveniently forget about me."

I love you too, you fucking asshole. Got anything useful to contribute, apart from your experiences with my white and fluffy self and your assessment of your own intellect, or rather the lack of it?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2012, 10:40:57 am »

PFP

Toaster: I'd like one. I feel like I haven't done anything at all! I'm all for extending for RL reasons (which was me in the latter half of last week), but I don't want to hold the game up just because I've been busy playing other games, you know? I made my bed here.

And I guess I'm still a little unclear on how the enchanter works. Can I toggle it on and off? If I was one and voted you right now, would I show up twice or with two votes? In the case you presented, if it was me plus two on a person and I was the enchanter, would they know that I put in the extra vote, or would they just see that there were four votes and three people?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2012, 12:08:49 pm »

Hahaha, calm your shit.
To whoever asked why I don't take mafia seriously. I'm too lazy to quote it right now: Im not going to start being really silly but I don't find it to be a super serious thing. Just look at Dariush, he is currently flipping his top because of an unfunny joke vote. That's what happens when you take this game too seriously.
ZU's Question: I have reasons behind my questions. See above. Someone has to be the Joker here, it's definitely not going to be Dariush apparently.
Meh. Making a joke isn't a good enough reason.

Okay. So why not mention your reasons when you answered the question the first time?
Because you didn't ask the first time.

zombie urist: Say that you're the alien hivemind. In general, what sort of player would you choose to assimilate?
A very town-looking player.

Do we want to extend it?
Hmm... I'm pretty sure that Mr. D is scum, so I don't think an extend is necessary. If he isn't, then Toaster might be.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »

Apologies for being away. Busy week. But should be fine now. Catching up...

Mr. D:
Book: Personal shield or mind shield, which do you choose?
Depends on role. Shield if survivor or feeling devious, mindshield almost every other time.

Since it has come up, and it's a pet peeve of mine, I'll add to the discussion: I do not subscribe to the notion that "Mafia is serious business". I play games to have fun. But if you screw up a joke, or are scummy and try to get out of it saying "was a joke!" or in other way fail at playing the game because of fun, you have no one but yourself to blame if it costs you your neck. Have fun, but responsibly, and don't let it interfere with the game.

Dustylou2:
Bookthras: What do you prefer to play as: town, scum, or a third party?
Scum. Scumchat is fun! Probably my favourite part of a game. A 3rd party cultist can be almost as fun, once the group gets going, but a solo SK-type or survivor not so much.

ToonyMan:
Well it did make you [Dariush] vote Mr. Dwarfinton.  It must be working.
Please elaborate on this. Do you think Dariush is scummy for voting Mr.D? Or do you think Mr.D is scummy and wanted Dariush to vote him? What do you make of the current wagon on Mr.D?

Imiknorris, Shakerag:
Please tell me your top three scummy picks, and what do you think of Toaster's justification for jumping onto Mr.D's wagon, this close to end of day?

Zombie:
Hmm... I'm pretty sure that Mr. D is scum, so I don't think an extend is necessary. If he isn't, then Toaster might be.
Really? Pretty sure? Already? Based on what, the "joke" and backpedal? Or do you have anything else on your case? About Toaster, you say he "might be". No shit. Everyone "might be". Do you think he is scummy? If so, why aren't you asking him questions? And how does his voting the same way you are impact your scumminess read on him?

I think you are scum, going for an easy lynch.

I would like an extension. Sorry for not being able to play, but rereading for this post tells me not enough progress has been made. Hell, Imiknorris, Shakerag and BMC have posted only twice (yeah, so have I, sorry).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31