Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62810 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2012, 01:54:00 pm »

ZU: RL Happened. I'll try to fit one in tonight.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2012, 01:57:49 pm »

UI: Why haven't you done anything other than ask and answer RVS questions?
My sleep schedule's royally fucked up. I'll get to posting when I'm neither asleep nor dead tired.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2012, 03:00:05 pm »

I've decided answering those questions is a waste of time for everyone because basically every question relies on me having a game plan. I do not have a game plan nor did I realize I should have thought of what to do in every possible outcome. If I get the One Ring or the Flying What-The-Hell-Ever of Immortal Death then chances are I'll do whatever I believe would be best in such a situation. Because of that any answer I give or have given to questions such as "If you have the Purple Phonebook of Death in your possession would you use it on scum or town???" will be lies because I am making up 'plans' on the spot. If you believe this is evidence of being a scum then you are stupid. Who you should be looking at is Irony for the fact he apparently didn't get the cultist mention and because he's targeting me with every question ever.

I could have bullshit my way through the ten thousand plus questions that were directed at me but that would be stupid because every answer would be a lie if it involved a plan. I'm new, I suck at mafia and the 'suspicious' replies I've been giving people is because I suck at mafia.

Now for the questions that don't involve plans:
I voted Scelly because he voted me and he was giving me a bad vibe.
...Did you just admit to an OMGUS?

What's that?

I don't have a lot of time to reply to IronyOwl's questions right now and the day ends tomorrow so can we extend it? Getting lynched on day 1 sucks, especially when you're town.

Irony, your first question is explained in one of my posts. If youre so intent on digging up evidence against me and asking me a bunch of questions then at least acknowledge things I have already answered before asking twenty more questions.

I'll answer all the other questions when I have time tomorrow.
A bad vibe or he already had two votes so he'd be a lynch canidate? I was wondering why he had three, and between your failure and disdain to deliver on questions, you're looking pretty scummy, Mr.D. Until you answer  (and possibly after) Irony, I'm keeping the vote on. You better be able to explain all of this, bud.

Bad vibe. I'm not keeping track of votes.

Tell me if I missed any non-item related questions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

What's that?
OMGUS stands for Oh My God You Suck. It's when you vote someone because they are voting you. Its also a scumtell.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

What's that?
OMGUS stands for Oh My God You Suck. It's when you vote someone because they are voting you. Its also a scumtell.

Didn't realize it was a bad thing to do. Sorry I guess. unvote

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »

BMC:
Irony:
Spoiler: cult mentions (click to show/hide)
And, in addition to that, it was mentioned that the town would win if all the mafioso and converting roles were eliminated. Or did you not receive that message? Maybe you got something different.
I notice you don't actually say no, and instead throw up as much evidence as you can while passively suggesting I might be scum. Are you nervous about something, BMC?

BMC:
The "being strung along to look scummy" part sounds like you think somebody's intentionally trying to make him look scummier than he is. Was that your intention?
You're scum hunting on what looks like scumtells, which could also be new tells. I think they're new tells, but the changing stories around does seem a bit suspicious, but not enough to warrant a vote. Nobody's stringing him along but himself.
Then, why the odd phrasing?

What did you mean by the waiting for a report on the night actions bit, above?
Every morning we get to see any night action that results in a kill, in addition to what people have to say about other actions, such as thefts, protects or visits.
So when you say you'd rather "wait until we get a report on the night actions," what you mean is that you don't want anyone to have suspicions without using night WIFOM?

Let me tell you how this is going to go down. Again, because I know you've heard it before in at least one BM. D2 is going to roll around and someone will turn up dead. Then, someone might say they've been roleblocked or cursed or something, or maybe nobody will say anything. Then everyone will scratch their heads and resume scumhunting, because they know that sitting around waiting for a lucky inspect or ironclad incriminating combo involving following someone who visited the dead guy is stupid and will not save them.

So, are you going to scumhunt or sit around hoping someone drops an answer into your lap? Or perhaps you're just focused on the night for other reasons, hm?

So it's not so much that you don't think he's scummy as that you don't think he's scummy enough to lynch? Is that the entirety of your... complaint here?

Yes. There might be something there, but not enough for a lynch. I'll get to that though. Or Mr.D will answer your questions, which is what I've been waiting to see. If he makes up a bad excuse about his ever changing opinions, I'll probably vote him. He's a potential vote.
I thought you said I was making a lot out of nothing and we were probably heading towards a mislynch? Now he definitely might be scum but you'd like to wait for him to answer someone else's questions to make sure?

What made you go from "Uh oh I think we're mislynching" to "Yeah definitely voting him if he screws this up?"

Oddly enough, that part went completely over my head. Are you a cultist, blackmagechill?
Nope. There's enough possibility between the mention of the converting third party in the role PM that you should've gotten and the flavor (bolded the mention of cult for your convenience).

Toaster: Would non-town factions have access to the gist of town role PMs?
((Also, I nearly called you Meph.))

DWARFINTON:
Irony, your first question is explained in one of my posts. If youre so intent on digging up evidence against me and asking me a bunch of questions then at least acknowledge things I have already answered before asking twenty more questions.
Your reading comprehension sucks and that's going to get you lynched.

This is the question you're referring to, yes?
Spoiler: The Question? (click to show/hide)

Which would make this your answer?
Spoiler: The Answer? (click to show/hide)

Which is completely and utterly worthless.

First of all, that's not what I'm asking. I do not see how you saw "What are acceptable odds?" and read "What are the odds?" in the first place, but you'd better shape up, because babbling nonsensically in response to questions tends to get you lynched. I want to know where the cutoff point is between you saying "No, too risky, hold fire" and "Yeah, worth it, taking the shot." Do you understand?

Secondly, you got the ratios inverted. If there's one thing that makes answering a question about risk:reward ratios with "there's 7 townies" even more useless, it would probably be reading your own goddamned ratio backwards. You think there's 7 town and 3 non-town, so you answer that there's a 7/10 chance of killing scum. I believe you mean there's a 7/10 chance of killing town, making the ratio you wanted to uselessly vomit at me 3/10.

Can you see why getting your own useless vomit-ratio wrong might give the impression that you're not actually thinking about your answers?

I've decided answering those questions is a waste of time for everyone because basically every question relies on me having a game plan. I do not have a game plan nor did I realize I should have thought of what to do in every possible outcome. If I get the One Ring or the Flying What-The-Hell-Ever of Immortal Death then chances are I'll do whatever I believe would be best in such a situation. Because of that any answer I give or have given to questions such as "If you have the Purple Phonebook of Death in your possession would you use it on scum or town???" will be lies because I am making up 'plans' on the spot. If you believe this is evidence of being a scum then you are stupid. Who you should be looking at is Irony for the fact he apparently didn't get the cultist mention and because he's targeting me with every question ever.

I could have bullshit my way through the ten thousand plus questions that were directed at me but that would be stupid because every answer would be a lie if it involved a plan. I'm new, I suck at mafia and the 'suspicious' replies I've been giving people is because I suck at mafia.
Quit the persecuted princess bullshit. First it's fifty questions, now it's ten thousand and one. You want to know how many questions you actually have?

FIVE.

That's the magic number where you break down and need three days to deal with them before deciding you're going to give up and not answer them. THE HORROR.

And as for "not having a plan?" Gee, shit, you think maybe, I dunno, YOU COULD ESTIMATE WHAT YOU'D DO ON THE SPOT? I mean, whoa, let's not think too far outside the box, but maybe, just maybe, not having a motherfucking script written down shouldn't prevent you from answering a goddamned question!

I mean, let's look at these horrifying ten thousand plus questions you've been asked:

The first you even claimed to have already answered, so apparently 10,000+ = four. That aside, it's about your answer to another question. How hard could that possibly be to answer? Do you not remember what you were thinking at the time? Was your evil clone drunk and accessing your account? What could possibly be so oppressive about explaining the reasons behind your own answer that it's not worth bothering with?

The second is asking what you thought I was asking. That's it! It's asking you to tell me what I just said. Given that you provided an answer to the part in question, I should really hope you have an opinion on what I just said, right? Or has your evil clone been answering things you haven't read again?

The third is Jesus Christ that's not even a question. Ten thousand plus is now three.

The fourth is asking why you said what you said given a certain understanding. Once again, I am forced to ask about the whereabouts of your clone with amnesia to understand why you can't explain why you answered the way you did. Is there something hard about it?

The "fifth" and final question is elaborating on your answer in the most basic way possible. You say "I'd do X." Someone asks "What's X?" You can't answer. Does whatever's possessing you know how rude he's being?

That's it. This is what's so terrible that you can't answer: What you think is an acceptable risk, what someone said that one time, why you said something, and where you'd get the critical piece of your simple plan. This is what's holding up your game, what's stopping you from accomplishing anything, what you had to cast aside in order to move forward.

Answer the goddamned questions or we'll lynch you as panicky shifty scum. No townie should have an excuse to not answer the kind of questions you've been handed.

URGH.

OMGUSing someone for "good" reasons is acceptable. OMGUSing them for bad ones is not.

"Because they voted me" is a terrible, terrible, scummy, you're-going-to-be-lynched reason. "Because they voted me for terrible reasons" might not be.

"I'm getting a bad vibe from him" isn't necessarily bad so long as you're actually hunting him with it. "I'm getting a bad vibe on him so I'm going to vote him, ask him a token question, and then sit around" will get you lynched.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:01 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah:
Urist Imiknorris: zombie urist
NativeForeigner:
Dariush:
blackmagechill: Urist Imiknorris
Scelly9:
Mr. Dwarfinton: Scelly9, IronyOwl, Dariush, blackmagechill
zombie urist:
IronyOwl: Bookthras

Not voting:  NativeForeigner, Hapah, Mr. Dwarfinton

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 7/25 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster: Would non-town factions have access to the gist of town role PMs?
((Also, I nearly called you Meph.))

If they asked, I'd give them the town wincon.  Speaking of which, it's this:

Quote from: Town Wincon
You win when all killing and converting anti-town forces are eliminated.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »

I notice you don't actually say no, and instead throw up as much evidence as you can while passively suggesting I might be scum. Are you nervous about something, BMC?
At the bottom of the post, you can clearly see I said "Nope" when asked about being a cultist.

Then, why the odd phrasing?
It was put together quickly, and I didn't really make sure to tone check it.

So when you say you'd rather "wait until we get a report on the night actions," what you mean is that you don't want anyone to have suspicions without using night WIFOM?

Let me tell you how this is going to go down. Again, because I know you've heard it before in at least one BM. D2 is going to roll around and someone will turn up dead. Then, someone might say they've been roleblocked or cursed or something, or maybe nobody will say anything. Then everyone will scratch their heads and resume scumhunting, because they know that sitting around waiting for a lucky inspect or ironclad incriminating combo involving following someone who visited the dead guy is stupid and will not save them.

So, are you going to scumhunt or sit around hoping someone drops an answer into your lap? Or perhaps you're just focused on the night for other reasons, hm?
I feel that anyone who was roleblocked or has anything important to say will come forward. I would. It appears I'm not the only one waiting for the night, I'm just the most vocal one. That or nobody's posting.

I thought you said I was making a lot out of nothing and we were probably heading towards a mislynch? Now he definitely might be scum but you'd like to wait for him to answer someone else's questions to make sure?

What made you go from "Uh oh I think we're mislynching" to "Yeah definitely voting him if he screws this up?"
A failure, and, as of now, a refusal to deliver. He's repeatedly moaned about questions that you asked him, when they weren't all the difficult and then resorted to petty insults and complaints about the very structure of the game of mafia, which involves over five questions.

As for Mr.D now, that little tantrum and falling apart means more to me than any answers ever would. He was scumhunted to the point that he had nowhere to turn, and possibly an absent scum team. Nobody else has really been posting, so I'm going to assume it's just absenteeism and not a waste of an extension.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »

As for Mr.D now, that little tantrum and falling apart means more to me than any answers ever would. He was scumhunted to the point that he had nowhere to turn, and possibly an absent scum team. Nobody else has really been posting, so I'm going to assume it's just absenteeism and not a waste of an extension.
What. Can you rephrase this?

IO: You've voted Mr. D 3 times now. Why?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2012, 11:34:06 pm »

Oh god I'm drun.

I'll try to put together a post bfore I crash.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2012, 11:56:58 pm »

Dammit Hapah  ::)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:07 am »

It's my not fault that Maker's Mark is delicous.

I think IO may b e scum, but that's probably just the booze talking and I'll probably think I'm a damn fool when I read this tomorrow. But MrD is just throwing a pissfit because he's newtown and isn't used to the attention and IO is pressing him because it is hapin up to be an easy lynch. Maybe it'll make more snese tomorrow.

IO: Why are you pressing on MrD so hard? It's obvious he's newtown.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2012, 02:36:54 am »

Uh. So you didn't vote him because you actually suspected him?

BMC, what happened with the 'only townies are lynched D1' mindset? Didn't want to pass a perfectly good bandwagon, did you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2012, 05:19:09 am »

BMC:
How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1?
It happens. See Supernatural 5. Also that's the shittiest reason ever for not voting.

I feel like Irony is making a mountain out of a molehill and Mr.D is being strung along to look scummy and is cracking under heavy pressure.
Funny. Later you mention that nobody's stringing him along but himself, but your phrasing rather strongly suggests it's an intentional ploy by someone else to set him up (hence "being strung along to look scummy" and not just "looking scummy"). So what's your story, and why can't you seem to get it straight?

I feel that anyone who was roleblocked or has anything important to say will come forward. I would. It appears I'm not the only one waiting for the night, I'm just the most vocal one. That or nobody's posting.
You did not answer the question at all.

Hapah:
It's my not fault that Maker's Mark is delicous.
But it is your fault that you're drinking it over delicious roguelike gin.

Sober up before your next post, please. Also explain why Mr. D is obviously newtown.

IronyOwl: Holy shit I can barely read that wall of text for Mr. D due to all the vitriol. Why are you suddenly extremely verbosely imitating Dariush?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2012, 09:16:28 am »

UI: Because he's throwing up his hands in the newtown way! When they feel pressured, they give up instead of pushing back.

(And I'm with you, I don't know why IO dropped a nuke on MrD. It seems out of character)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18