Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62847 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 05:25:17 pm »

Only non-town players get the benefits except for the unkillable/untargetable part but it has half a chance of not working when you activate it. How would that be useful to anyone but non-town people?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »

Oops I forgot the paranoia part, well I got lynched on day 2 last time because I was apparently acting scummy when I was a townie. This is only my third mafia game and I'm fairly bad at mafia. That's why I'm paranoid.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

Bookthras: What made you choose IronyOwl over me to bug about their one post?

Mr. D: How would you go about determining who is important enough to town to give the One Ring away to? Why did your answer change from that to this:

Part 2 of your question involving all that other stuff:
Depends on the chance of revealing the item. I wouldn't give it to a person because they could be scum.

Back to this

As for the part of giving it away I said I would give it away to a person who was important to the townies, not just anyone.

?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

I would go with a person who had been already exposed as a good guy or I would go with a person who didn't seem to be scum.

I was under the impression I had to choose.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:46 pm »

Dwarfinton:
Acceptable odds would be a 7/10 chance of killing a scum.
Why 7/10?

When I replied I was under the impression I couldn't choose 'none' as an answer, I am under the same impression now. Sorry for misunderstanding what you asked.
I don't understand. What exactly was it you thought I was asking?

As for the ring, a non-town player gets their own kill and an additional vote. Not an additional kill. If they were scum they would already have a kill so it would only be useful to non-town players.
Scum kill is a team-shared ability, though. I don't keep up with Roguelike discussions enough to know for sure, but I would assume scum with the ring could perform their own personal kill while their buddies perform the scumkill.

As for the part of giving it away I said I would give it away to a person who was important to the townies, not just anyone.
I don't see how this generated an answer of "I wouldn't give it away." Care to explain?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

I would go with a person who didn't seem to be scum.

How would you determine whether or not someone seemed to be scum?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:11 pm »

Scelly: What would you do with Excalibur?
To be honest, I haven't thought about artifact strategy yet. However, after a quick read through I think I would use it during the night and if I found a scum, and they weren't being lynched, use the main ability to lynch them.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah: Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris:
NativeForeigner:
Dariush:
blackmagechill:
Scelly9: zombie urist, Dariush, Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton: Scelly9, IronyOwl
zombie urist:
IronyOwl: Bookthras

Not voting:  NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Hapah

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 7/24 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 02:30:54 am »

Mr.D, is there any particular reason you put a third randomvote on Scelly? Were you aware of the fact at the time?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 03:13:25 am »

Scelly:
Scelly:
For warrior, my suspicions would be slightly higher. Pally and Ranger the same. I wouldn't base a case on it though, since I'm sure several people are going to choose random.
What if it was confirmed that they had not chosen random, and that their current class was a deliberate selection?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 04:53:15 am »

Hapah:
Quote from: UI
Hapah: Who are you most afraid of in this game and why?
No one person in particular. Generally newer players moreso that veterans. The newer players are easier for scum to lead along, veterans have better odds to find holes in arguments and sense motives because they've been doing it longer. There are exceptions, of course (Theo did damn good in the current BM, imo), but these are my thoughts on the matter. Mind answering the same question you asked me?
I'm more worried about the experienced players who would be better at looking town, which spells bad things when combined with enough newbies for them to mislynch.

BMC, why is Mr. D not worth a vote, considering you're not voting anyone?

Scelly9: I think Dariush's rage is detrimental regardless of his alignment - if he's town it distracts him from scumhunting, and if he's scum it makes him stand out.

If you could eliminate a third party at the expense of your life, under what conditions would you do it and why?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:21 am »

Unvote.

Irony Owl: Why are you tunneling Mr. D?

Mr.D, is there any particular reason you put a third randomvote on Scelly? Were you aware of the fact at the time?
This is also a bandwagon?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 10:51:52 am »

I'm more worried about the experienced players who would be better at looking town, which spells bad things when combined with enough newbies for them to mislynch.

How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1? I feel like Irony is making a mountain out of a molehill and Mr.D is being strung along to look scummy and is cracking under heavy pressure. I think you were right in saying that experienced players both know what to look for and are better at looking town, combined with people who aren't good at looking town, we are set up for a mislynch. I'd rather wait until after we get a report on the night actions to start to draw concrete points.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2012, 01:01:01 pm »

Yay, the game took off while I was away!

I'll try to catch up and make a post tonight.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

zombie urist:
Irony Owl: Why are you tunneling Mr. D?
What makes you say I'm tunneling him?

BMC:

How many times have you been in a game that lynched a mafioso on D1? I feel like Irony is making a mountain out of a molehill and Mr.D is being strung along to look scummy and is cracking under heavy pressure. I think you were right in saying that experienced players both know what to look for and are better at looking town, combined with people who aren't good at looking town, we are set up for a mislynch. I'd rather wait until after we get a report on the night actions to start to draw concrete points.
So you think I'm intentionally mislynching Mr. D, but would rather wait for night to do anything about it.

Care to explain why?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18