Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: Things that don't happen.  (Read 95069 times)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that don't happen.
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »

Urist McNoble: "Why would I pull the lever connected to the magma supply above my room?"

Here's one better
Urist McNoble: "WHAT!? pull a lever!? I'm a noble, by Armok! PEASANT! Come pull this lever for me!"
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2012, 10:25:48 pm »

Urist McNoble: "Why would I pull the lever connected to the magma supply above my room?"

Here's one better
Urist McNoble: "WHAT!? pull a lever!? I'm a noble, by Armok! PEASANT! Come pull this lever for me!"

Urist McNoble: Overseer, do you think i'm stupid? I'm nobility, I know that lever will pour magma on my head.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »

Here's one better

Urist McNoble: Overseer, do you think i'm stupid? I'm nobility, I know that lever will pour magma on my head.

Haha fooled you; it was a support removal lever.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »

Urist McWallBuilder: I'm standing where we want the wall build! :D Let me just move out of the way.

Annoys me to no end.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

Goblin: Aw man, a locked door... Guess I'd better just... BUST IT OPEN MUAHAHAHA.

Kobold camp: Okay, we've lost too many kobolds. Let's -not- go after the artifact locked deep underground which hides behind its own defenses.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2012, 12:56:08 am »

Bomrek mcdwarf: aaaaaah I'm on fire! I should jump into that murky pool over there the douse the flames!

Kib mctrader: Lets trade some of these artifact toys for the food that we desperately need!

Avuz mcmason: You don't honestly expect me to make this wall out of horse soap do you?

Urist mcvampire: I'll just drink from this barrel of llama blood when I get thirsty.

Litash mcpetowner: My pet sheep is hungry, I should go feed it!

Catten mctenyearold: I better pull this lever to close that drawbridge before those goblins get in!

Numerous drarves: There are twenty of us and only one of them, lets all gang up on him instead of running around and panicking!
Being a human is actually a type of bullying.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2012, 03:32:53 am »

Urist McBuilder: Somebody else's building materials, on my construction site?
I'll just shove them over yonder and keep building.

Urist McThirstybutt: Eww, someone puked in the river. Better move a bit upstream before drinking.

The <awesome creature> has remembered its training for over five minutes!

Urist McLumberjack cancels pickup equipment: already wielding an axe.

Giant Tiger (tame) (caged)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

donfuan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2012, 05:41:49 am »

Urist McWebCollector: "My god, this is where Urist McHunter was all these years! We must have missed he's still out in the caverns, when this fireball spewing Forgotten Beast came that killed half of our military und we closed the drawbridge five years ago! Finally we can put him to rest, and there's absolutely NO reason to cause a tantrum spiral after all this time has passed!"

Urist McManager: "What? Booze stocks have dropped below 200? Start brewing immediatly and get them to 500 asap!"

Urist McFisher: "Hmm, We have a foodstock of over 2000 units, why would i go fish at that pond at the corner of the map, 5 tiles away from where EVERY invasion ever came from? That would be really insane!"

Urist McMountainLiaison: "I don't think they need THAT many clothbins over there."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:47:51 am by donfuan »

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2012, 11:45:44 pm »

Zon Delerezum, Brewer: "Oh, beloved wife! It is so good to finally be free and see you again! After that terrible cave-in, we were trapped in that cavern for nearly five years! If we hadn't happened to be carrying a few plump helmets and an axe, we all would have been lost!"
Catten Litastfath, Bone Doctor: "And what cruelty of Armok, to snatch you away like that only a day after our wedding! A few hours of married bliss, followed by five years of desolation!"
Zon Delerezum, Brewer: "But now we are reunited at last! Now we can finally start having those children that we always wanted!"

Dastot Bomrekteshkad, Recruit: "Hm? You've assigned me to a military squad? Say no more--I know what to do. First, I'll report to my militia commander, who will outfit me with the best armor & equipment appropriate for my status, and also brief me on the training & patrol schedule. Then, I'll go to the armory and pick out my choice of weapon, and then I'll immediately get to sparring with my new messmates. What's that? No, why would I be unhappy about being in the military? It's the most honorable profession there is, sign me up!"
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2012, 03:34:54 am »

Hippie McElvenMerchant: "So there are serveral bolt-pierced and mutilated elven corpses all around this trading place. And no single caravan did return from here either. I may consider sneaking away and get some reinforcements, instead of trading with those mudeaters"

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2012, 05:13:58 am »

Urist mcButcher: kill a (non-pet) cat to eat?  1. yuck and 2. it's too cute!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:46:39 am by vadia »

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2012, 05:32:00 am »

Urist mcButcher: kill a cat to eat?  1. yuck and 2. it's too cute!
Totally does happen!
Ibith Lolocatten, Cat (♀) has adopted Urist McButcher, butcher!
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:08 am »

Urist mcButcher: kill a (non-pet) cat to eat?  1. yuck and 2. it's too cute!
Totally does happen!
Ibith Lolocatten, Cat (♀) has adopted Urist McButcher, butcher!
fix'd

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:14 am »

Urist McToddler, (1 year-old), "Thank Armok I'm free to walk on my own.  Now what should I do?  I know, I'll find the nearest Craftsdorf workshop and punch out an artifact from a galena boulder 25 times heavier than I am, thus making a galena piccolo .......

<thinks for a bit>

.....Nah!  Maybe I should just wait until I'm an adult with a few skills beyond socials so I don't end up as a useless Crafter (aka hauler).  Think I just dodged a bolt, could have been the equivalent of studying five years for an Arts degree in that fantasy game of Human World"
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

QuantumMenace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

Urist McCook: "Huh? I try to mince beer and it just makes a mess!" (Ironically, that's what used to happen when they could start with a liquid ingredient.)

Urist McHusband: "Nobody's had any kids for three years! You think it has to do with the pitchblende chairs everyone got?"

Urist McHauler cancels Place track vehicle full of magma: Hands too burned.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34