Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92078 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 08:53:17 am »

@Azthor: I would assume not. Only official couriers would be allowed in by the guards during meetings.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 10:13:02 am »

What the hell. I'm joining dammit.
Player: Kingfisher
Name: Tiakath Ador
Position: Buisnessman's Daughter
Bio: She is the daughter of a Buisnessman in Spiritsauer, but her father died and his empire went under. She was living in the local inn until her inheritance was revealed. 1 Ducat. Great. She is incredibly ambitious, and her dream was to be the richest woman in the world. She is 5'7, 23 years old, has blue eyes and brunette hair. She has a lovely personality and makes friends quickly, but she will do anything to reach her goals. She is currently in Stormstead, inside her bar The iron Hound.
Holdings:  The Iron Hound (Small Tavern)
Traits: Espionage Expert +1 To spying rolls, Silver tongue +1 To talking rolls.
Money: 0
Is this alright? Did I do it? Please don't hurt me!
Also, what year and season is it?

What are your plans for the game?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2012, 10:22:30 am »

@King: At the least, can you make yourself some sort of dissolute nobility, no matter your plans? We're trying to get everyone on the same page in that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:48 am »

My plan is to become a master of spies, semi-nobility, or start a buisiness empire.
Also, Dwarmin, that sounds good.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2012, 11:47:58 am »

@King: At the least, can you make yourself some sort of dissolute nobility, no matter your plans? We're trying to get everyone on the same page in that.

This confused me for a second.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:39 am »

@King: By what I mean, I thought we were trying to get everyone to be of Noble Blood, more or less.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:22 pm »

Question for Shoot: I think my action would require a roll, but it looks like everybody else is talking; that in turn means that you probably aren't going to roll for anything soon, but then I'll miss the meeting. I'm not sure how to proceed now.

EDIT: Wouldn't the roll get a +1 from Disguise?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:30:18 pm by Araph »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

The roll wasn't relying on how convincing your thing was, it was simply evaluating if the guard would let a man who might be an ambassador inside a council.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »

Oh, okay.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2012, 03:44:34 pm »

@King: By what I mean, I thought we were trying to get everyone to be of Noble Blood, more or less.

We are?  ???
First I've heard of that... Going to post today, by the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2012, 05:16:35 pm »

Player: HailFire
Position: Agent of the Queen King
Name: Rafael Prieto
Bio: Born to a cobbler and a tailor in a quiet village in northern Altania, Rafael spent much of his formative years learning the family trades and how to be a proper gentleman- at least, until bandits sacked the place, killing or kidnapping everyone they could get their hands on, including his parents and siblings. Plying his trade where he could, but largely reduced to theft and odd jobs to survive, he travelled northward, towards the Adranic kingdoms, searching for a better life.

By and large, this was successful- while perhaps not the most skilled or prolific, he became an infamous "urban adventurer" over the years- the Red Fox pilfered many a noble coffer to donate to the struggling peasantry, and free those bound by slavery (the practice of which he still finds quite distasteful).

Eventually, this led him to Stormstead, capital of Windheath, jewel of the northern Adranic kingdoms- but while he was able to infiltrate the castle and dip his fingers in the Iron Queen's treasury, he botched his escape, and ended up falling into her clutches.

Fortunately, he was able to convince her to employ him before he lost choice bits of anatomy in her dungeons, and has since worked in espionage and counter-espionage for the Crown; whether that be spying on or emptying the pockets or vaults of political opponents, or searching out and joining up with various revolutionary groups, conspiracies, and various and sundry other enemies of the Queen- and then getting them arrested or killed. Despite this, he still works as a tailor for the castle on the side (his invention of pockets, particularly hidden ones, being a closely guarded secret and career tool), and uses his spare funds to free slaves.

Normally, he's about 5'6" or so, with black hair and brown eyes, but his appearance- even his height, weight, and complexion- tends to vary dramatically depending on his current job.

Traits and Resources: -Acrobat (+1 Acrobatics)
"No such thing as a dead end in a city, friend- walls are my ladders, windows, my doors, and rooftops, my road."

-Rogue (+1 Sneaking, +1 Lockpicking)
"Move and breathe silently, pick locks, pick your poison, cut purses, cut throats, be someone else, man or woman, listen at doors and floors, act, bribe, and die convincingly, force doors, jam doors, check your corners, check for traps, and be ready to run like bloody hell when it all falls apart- and that's all in a day's work. You sure you want the job?"

-Duelist (+1 Personal Combat)
"Alas, you can never think at the speed of violence. It's react or die in a fight, so you best get damn good at it!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:20:43 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:36 pm »

I'd ask you what your plans are, but you'll have plenty to do as the Crown's spy, I believe. Jump right in.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2012, 06:51:03 pm »

I'd ask you what your plans are, but you'll have plenty to do as the Crown's spy, I believe. Jump right in.

I could have kept you around as a spy since the Queen's reign, Hail. That is, if you are interested.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:54:41 pm by Azthor »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »

Well, if you're saying what I think you're saying, then that was kind of the idea, yeah.

Naturally, though, Raph's not nearly as old as Rakom is (though upon retrospect I appear to have forgotten to add an age).  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2012, 12:31:11 am »

Azthor, I did not know if we knew you are the spy master. I assumed that it is not hidden knowledge, but if it is I will edit my post.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111