Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92079 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2012, 04:00:01 pm »

Could you roll my action, since it seems fun to ignore me

If it was the one about looking for a fight... you rolled a lot of sixes.

If anyone is interested in assisting the Ranger Captain in hunting that troll, it is safe to assume news of a man searching for a troll is readily heard by anyone frequenting the streets.  Feel free to intervene however you wish.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:18:35 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »

Being a monk would be cool, because that way, when in the king's service, you may be abducted...

And then I rescue you  8) YYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!

And I feel as if bad dice rolls are going to kill me awfully soon...
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2012, 09:59:13 pm »

Being a monk would be cool, because that way, when in the king's service, you may be abducted...

And then I rescue you  8) YYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!

And I feel as if bad dice rolls are going to kill me awfully soon...

You felt right.  The Random Nightmare Ghouls hate you right now, but you could still fight your way out of there.  You're wearing some sort of light leather armour, right?  I assume characters are wearing armour unless otherwise stated if they're out a-killin', but if you wanted to not be wearing low-profile armour for stealth or poverty reasons that works too.

Edit: What sort of blade did you end up having?  Estoc, sabre?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:02:21 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

Rapier

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:48 pm »

Ah, we just went with it being Ralkarian design, then?  Cool, avoids anachronism.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:12 pm »

Woah, a few hours pass and my Ranger Commander is out hunting monsters.

Nice!

Kingfisher, if there's anything you would like to say to Renart, I think you should do it now.  :P

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:28 pm »

I do feel I may be boned. How can I get so much bad luck?

After this, I am getting leather gauntlets, for climbing.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

Combat Ruling

In the recent shipboard adventure, Karas Sirenna faced off against two different groups of opponents at once.  I rolled them as effectively fighting as two different fight rolls vs one opposing fight roll.  Under normal circumstances even if Karas beat both of the opponent groups he would only be able to wound one of them and take a single hp away.

Roll 1.  [1 & 5+1 vs 5+2]

However, in the above roll Karas (purple) not only beat the noble guards (red), but beat the common guards so well that he could have dealt 2 hp damage.  If he had only drawn with or even been hit by the noble guards, both hp would be dealt to the common guards (as a single target), but as he had managed to beat the noble guards as well I allowed him to take out a single one of the more dangerous group.

Roll 2.  [1 & 1+1 vs 6+2]

In the second roll of the same combat, Karas actually beat both parties enough to deal 2hp.  This time I ruled that even so he can still only deal a max of 2hp and then would have to target one group preferentially.  Since there was only one noble left, I allowed him to take out the noble guard and then 'carry through' the remaining hp to the common guards.

Roll 3.  [3 & 4+1 vs 2+2]

In the above roll, Karas would beat the common guards while failing to beat the nobles.  In this situation he would kill a common guard, but take a hit himself from the nobles.

Roll 4.  [1 & 6+1 vs 5+2]

And finally in the above situation Karas can deal 2hp of damage to the common guards, whilst he draws with the noble guards and neither takes nor deals damage.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:54 am »

I've thought of an idea.

Considering everyone won't know everyone's characters, and also the GM's have an easier time, why not have the 1st post have all the characters? It'll definitely help.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2012, 04:48:26 am »

Even better, let's make a thread dedicated to it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2012, 04:49:45 am »

Monk it is.

Player: NUKE9.13

Position: Grand Reader (senior priest of the Adranic pantheon)

Full name: Servus Kninh (né Arond Arondson)

Bio: Many have tried to make sense of the old texts. Many have gone mad doing so. Those who are not reduced to gibbering lumps might gain some insight into the nature of the faith, and some authority amongst its practitioners.
Servus Kninh is one such person. Many a year he spent poring over the old texts, many a year he spent travelling to long-forgotten cities, digging through old libraries and tracking down the scraps of older books to trace the evolution of language. Many a year he spent in silent meditation in quiet monasteries. Finally, after decades of research, he claims to have produced an accurate translation of a passage which has been cause of much strife between the branches of the faith. He emerges from his monastery, eager to end the centuries of religious strife which have plagued the world.
Unfortunately, his conclusion runs somewhat contrary to the teachings of not just Eldanic and Altanic branches of the faith, but also those of the Adranic priesthood.
His fellow priests may respect him and his years of patient research- but preaching heresy will erode such respect with remarkable speed.

He goes forth upon the world now, seeking not musty tomes or quiet monastaries- but noblemen seeking a wise man for their council. Employing a Grand Reader is a mark of some status amongst the faithful- not to mention the practical value that their years of study may yield. And once in a nobleman's court, the seeds of a righteous crusade can be planted- a righteous crusade that could once and for all end centuries of pointless bloodshed.

Traits or resources: Wisdom of Daliochadun: A Grand Reader must read many tomes, from many places. In his studies, he gains much in the way of wisdom and knowledge, affording a bonus to intellectual pursuits.
Magic* of Liodnya: Though Kninh does not style himself a priest of Liodnya, he still knows many of the rituals, curses, and medicines employed by the ice-god's mysterious followers. The rituals may please the faithful; the curses may scare them, and the medicines may heal them. To what degree it is an act, and to what degree it works, is debatable.
Charity of Bohromu: There is no law or ruling in Adranic scripture which forbids priests from worldly wealth. Nonetheless, most temples and monasteries require vows of poverty from their members. On occasion, the faithful may feel the need to practice the charity of Bohromu, passing their wealth to the priests- but the priests will promptly pass said wealth on to the poor and the sick. This renders Servus Kninh incapable of possessing money- though it may endear him to the common folk.

Is good, yes? No?

*"Magic does not exist"- this has not, in the past, prevented people from believing in, and indeed practising magic, rituals, and medicine. And proper study of herblore and human behaviour will allow a wise man to quite easily perform feats which seem magical.
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 02, 2012, 04:51:35 am »

I like.  Especially given the religious fluff in the works...

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:50 am »

Very awesome!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 02, 2012, 05:00:06 am »

Triple yes from me. Get in there and preach away!

Also, I'm looking forward to your mythology and religion fluff, since its apparent you have prepared some background.

E: Also, maybe i'll finally get to build that goddamn cathedral/temple I've tried to have in YaK2. I'm not religious, but in feudal world, grand works like that are the best way to show off one's power, and Edgard's all about that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:14:23 am by Ardas »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2012, 05:13:05 am »

This will be an exciting addition, welcome back Nuke!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111