Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131140 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Winter 937 AAL
« Reply #1440 on: November 13, 2012, 09:36:25 pm »

"Okay then. If you need our services, just send a messenger to Spiritusaer, and we'll get back to you on that.

Just be mindful of a peace treaty with the haeger though, I don't think alot of the people here would be satisfied by a white peace."

With that, the Fangs left the camp and started heading back home, their morale dampened from the lack of payment, but no less capable of soldiering on back to their hideout...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:56:55 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 13, 2012, 10:26:58 pm »

"I will temporarily assume command of the southern army, if neither of you object. Parnoth has five thousand men and a fleet to provide for and no land, he cannot afford to ignore raiding opportunities, and that is a weakness we can exploit to even the field out"

1. Have rumous spread in Altaregia and Arbovent of the southern army retiring north to the Capital to secure the succession and rein in any would be coups [Espionage I].
2. Gather supplies and hide with the army in the woods near Arbovent and Altaregia. Use my spy networks in both cities and deploy mounted couriers to ensure that, should Parnoth bite the lure, I will be informed as swiftly as possible [Espionage I].
3. Also try and organize a chain of smoke signals in the event of a raid, for maximum efficiency.
4. Should I be informed, through courier, agent or signal, of Parnoth's position, set out with the army immediatly, intent on intercepting him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 13, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

"Uncouth lout." Renart said as his eyes followed Adrien's shadow before returning to more important matters, facing the Prince while giving Trent a reassuring nod. "I heard I was...promoted to Marshal, my Prince? Why is that so? Has Edgard taken the throne and sent you a message?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 13, 2012, 11:41:20 pm »

[3][6]"A bit less than you. The wools have been spreading the plague via little bits of pointy iron weaved in. I‘ve followed you, simply because I’ve heard you’ve been investigating. I also heard you were the honorable sort, so I shot you to try and get an oath to bring me a few things from that warehouse you‘re going to raid or whatever.” he pauses here, for a few moments, breathing slowly, "How about a deal? I help you raid that place or investigate or whatever, and I get to take a few things home with me?”

Talinth sighs deeply, closing his eyes for a moment only to stare back at the masked man's face.
"And you, Sir, are not as smart you look. I receive the title of 'Honorable' and you think that means poisoning and threatening me with an order at sword point gives you a better chance of gaining my favor?"

The knight clenches his teeth for a moment, his hammer still prepared to be brought down upon the stranger, before suppressing a bout of laughter before moving over to check the destroyed mechanism. "Act with more a little more modesty, mister. I accept your deal, on some conditions, starting that you tell me your name. You will also help me investigate the warehouse, but I'll decide what you can take or not and I also want your icedrake poison plus more of the antidote. I hope we can set on this deal."

He smiled warmly in a way that could be telling the masked man "either we strike a deal or I strike you, pick one".

Talinth and the Grinning-Masked-Man both hear the plang of someone or something falling on leather somewhere down the street.
"...We should check on that sound."

Accept deal under conditions, move on to check the sound with the man if he accepts.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 14, 2012, 03:53:37 am »

"By the Spirits, I have lost my edge!"

Try to recover myself.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 14, 2012, 03:52:25 pm »

"Well, it seems that I am not to get the chance to serve my realm today. But maybe some of the knights whose banners I see flying would want some chance for knightly advancement, or perchance has some small vows I could help him get rid of."

Go around the camp looking for people to duel. For knighthood!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »

Trent gave a nod, and a half bow to the Prince before turning to walk away, stopping after two or three steps he looked back over his shoulder at Renart. Sighing slightly he spoke,

"Remember even a scared lamb can fight back if pushed into the corner, and even the lion can be maimed by such a creature. Stay strong and protect the people who look up to you, and they will die for you in a war, the Rangers are no more. Now the people see you as their shining light of hope, live up to it Uncle."

With that Trent pulled the dark green cloak up over his face, and stalked off into the camp beyond.

Examine the camp, and send several scouts from the Band out to check the surrounding land. They are to report back within two hours.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

"I will go back to the regent and suggest him to to something against the terrible state of the bridges... It restricts the movement of our armies greatly.

Return with my units to Stormstead
Transfer the command over the troops to Harald temporary, until I return.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 15, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

1. Have rumous spread in Altaregia and Arbovent of the southern army retiring north to the Capital to secure the succession and rein in any would be coups [Espionage I].
2. Gather supplies and hide with the army in the woods near Arbovent and Altaregia. Use my spy networks in both cities and deploy mounted couriers to ensure that, should Parnoth bite the lure, I will be informed as swiftly as possible [Espionage I].
3. Also try and organize a chain of smoke signals in the event of a raid, for maximum efficiency.
4. Should I be informed, through courier, agent or signal, of Parnoth's position, set out with the army immediatly, intent on intercepting him.

[4] The rumors are quite successful, and the population soon believes that the army has moved to the capital. Your army goes into hiding, [3] and you install a somewhat efficient system of couriers, though it has not improved upon the previous system. [2] Your smoke signals, however, are a failure and your scouts soon abandon the idea. [4+1] The spy networks, however, are installed more smoothly, granting you an advantage in reaction time - should Parnoth decide to attack the southern coast. [+1 army movements if that happens]

Go around the camp looking for people to duel. For knighthood!
[6] At the center of the camp, you find a small band of knights apparently organizing small duels between themselves. When you offer to join their little tournament, they accept with strange smiles, and point out the man you'll have to fight once the deal has been made.

The man goes by the name of Thunder; he is an expert duelist and one of the members of Richard's personal guard. He offers you a simple knightly duel; blunted longsword and heavy armor, no horse, no shield. Since refusing would make you look like a coward, you accept his challenge without any hesitation.

Duel: The fighters are evenly matched. Ascalon is a professional swordsman (+1) while Thunder is an expert swordsman (+2). Thunder is specifically trained for duels (+1)

[3 vs 1+2] In the beginning, the two of you simply circle one another, judging each other's stance. Finally, your opponent dashes forward with uncanny speed, and you get one strike in (making him wince, you believe) before he forces you to go on the defensive after an attack on your leg, nearly making you fall. [-1 HP for both parties, 2 HP remaining]

[1 vs 1+2] Following his initial attack with a series of short feints, Thunder pierces your defense and strikes you again with the same uncanny speed. This time, his sword strikes you at the head, and you stumble back by a few steps, completely disorientated with a ringing in your ear.

[3 vs 5+2] With a nasty smile, the duelist jumps forward and strikes you in the throat with his sword before violently kicking your stomach. Now, your leg hurts, your ears a ringing, you have trouble breathing and an intense pain has settled in your chest. You fall over without a sound.

The fight lasted less than ten seconds.

Examine the camp, and send several scouts from the Band out to check the surrounding land. They are to report back within two hours.

[2] You find the camp's exploration boring and you accidentally run into someone, making him angry and making your armor dirty as you fall into the dirt. Apart from that, it seems the Haegars aren't coming back. [I already rolled for that earlier]

Return with my units to Stormstead
Transfer the command over the troops to Harald temporary, until I return.

[/] You return to Stormstead after a short travel.

"Uncouth lout." Renart said as his eyes followed Adrien's shadow before returning to more important matters, facing the Prince while giving Trent a reassuring nod. "I heard I was...promoted to Marshal, my Prince? Why is that so? Has Edgard taken the throne and sent you a message?"

[Renart was already informed earlier of Albert's death and Richard's plans :P]

Renart is promoted to Marshal of the Kingdom, and receives command of the army.

Richard returns to Stormstead.

In Stormstead's palace...

Richard had arrived a few hours ago, making a good time from Northwatch to the capital. He wasted no time in the city, riding with speed to the palace and immediately demanding a meeting with Edgard and all the other nobles present.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 16, 2012, 06:34:09 am »

"In sooth this was a most gallant fight. That botte and kick was most impressive. Would you mind teaching me some of your tricks? Hopefullly this will allow me to be a more worthwhile opponent later on.

Ask Thunder to teach me some of his swordsmanship.
Also, go back to Stormstead with the Prince (Since Thunder is one of his guard and Edgard Archers, and attend the meeting.
Transfer command of the Archers back to Edgard

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 16, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »

"Act with more a little more modesty, mister. I accept your deal, on some conditions, starting that you tell me your name. You will also help me investigate the warehouse, but I'll decide what you can take or not and I also want your icedrake poison plus more of the antidote. I hope we can set on this deal."

"...We should check on that sound."

Accept deal under conditions, move on to check the sound with the man if he accepts.

[6] There's a long moment of silence from the man, before he shakes his head, still leaning against the wall. ”Isn‘t it a little strange asking a masked man his name? Call me Canus Mortis if you need a name. And it‘s a pleasure to meet you, after all. And that hammer is very nice, you know. Very fine craftsmanship."

[2]“As for the poison, I have no more than what I shot you with, and what you drank, antidote-wise…but I do hear rumors that they use a drop of it in every batch of Red Bull. Or atleast that‘s what a few ex-junkies told me.”

[4] He shrugs, adjusting his mask and walking over to snatch up his sword and slip it away into a sheath on his back. He holds his side and walks after you after a hand gesture that you should carry on.

"By the Spirits, I have lost my edge!"

Try to recover myself.
[4] You haul yourself to your feet and hop off the awning, stretching slowly. It seems the awning broke most of your fall without breaking most of your bones.

[4] Luckily the cobble-stoned, roughly-carved street is deserted, except for two figures within the drizzle that are slowly and warily approaching. Of all people to stumble upon, you notice Talinth, and another, unknown figure that looks more than a little like a woman in thick grey leather armor and a steel mask.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »

Talinth tries to look around and above, wary but also knowing full-well he'd be better trusting Sahainn. No luck, apparently, but sooner or later they'll either find the hiding man or discover the sound was caused by a more mundane cause. He turns to the masked man as he walks, careful enough to keep his voice down.

"Well, pleased to meet you 'Canus Mortis'" he says with a smile. "I'm Talinth Dalach, because I am not fond of employing false names. Do you see the source of that noise? We need to check it before we try anything to do with the warehouse."

Seek the source of the sound.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 16, 2012, 03:43:22 pm »

The meeting was held in the regent's office, in one of the higher towers of the keep. Edgard was mindful of various security problems and eavesdropping; power transfer at time of crisis was to be discussed with discretion. As they were the only three individuals from greater nobility in the Capital at the time, Edgard called upon Theor and Richard in advance to the otherwise unoccupied office.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 16, 2012, 09:44:45 pm »

Duty

Obligation

Honor

Renart was now the Marshal, and the King was dead. This was such an unexpected turn of events - Parnoth and the east, for example, was entrusted into his care now that Northwatch was probably safe from the Haegar - that he disbanded all levies and returned them back to their villages, returning that 1 infantry regiment to guarding the trade route while my PG cavalry follows me.

The Royal Army, along with myself shall begin the march to Dechire to get notice on Parnoth's movements. Control of Northwatch has been granted to Trent in the meantime.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 17, 2012, 02:10:11 am »

"Of all the places I could find you, Saer Talinth..."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 101