Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131133 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Winter 937 AAL
« Reply #1455 on: November 17, 2012, 08:52:01 am »

"Of all the places I could find you, Saer Talinth..."

Talinth raises his head only to meet Karas. He sighs silently, remembering of the assassin that ran away after he had made a discovery and didn't bother showing any sign of comradeship.
"I am still investigating, Karas. Do you mind scouting ahead inside of the warehouse before I storm it with my acquantaince?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 17, 2012, 09:02:32 am »

Theor entered the office, clad in full armor. "I'm sorry for my appereance, but Parnoth is still out there. Let's do it it as fast as we can, Regent. I have step relatives to be hunted down."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:23 am »

At the meeting

Richard entered the office with simple, leather clothes - he had abandoned his armor after the battle, preferring gear allowing to travel fast. He sat down, his expression serious.

"We have much to talk about, so let's go right to business. I want to know the situation of the realm. As you probably know, Zacharie is implying he forced the Donnerstein armies away from our borders. As for myself, I defeated the Haegars on the field. I wiped out half their forces before they could react, and they disbanded the remaining troops - at least six thousand dead on their side, probably more. What's the situation with Parnoth? And how did Albert die?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 17, 2012, 09:48:45 am »

Talinth receives a letter in a golden envelope not a few days after Alberts death...

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 17, 2012, 10:17:43 am »

"Sure thing. Who is the new friend?"

begin scouting outside the warehouse for an ingress point.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 17, 2012, 10:22:28 am »

"Sure thing. Who is the new friend?"

"Someone who wanted to strike a deal with me and used the wrong way of doing so. Mainly, by poisoning and threatening me. They have seen the error in their ways, or so I think." he says, motioning to the masked figure.

After opening the letter which he had stowed away for a moment he considered adequate - apparently, near a warehouse during duty was adequate - and reading it, Talinth felt both well for her words for him, curious about what she meant with her better place, although she was hinting she wouldn't die...

And what about sharing beds? The knight was confused for a while by what she had implied and decided to leave it be, for further thought would end up worsening the situation.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 17, 2012, 10:27:38 am »

"Ah, the Janus Friendship strategy. Make is so that person alive is necessary for I we or another's survival. And I think I may have been a little hasty back at the castle. My apologies."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 17, 2012, 10:38:45 am »

"Ah, the Janus Friendship strategy. Make is so that person alive is necessary for I we or another's survival. And I think I may have been a little hasty back at the castle. My apologies."

"It is fine. I was slightly surprised by your readiness to leave the room with the scarf during that moment, that's all. At least I learned a valuable lesson about being more careful while trying to be through during my examinations." Talinth answers, handwaving the event.
>Yes?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 17, 2012, 11:40:27 am »

Edgard was waiting in the office, in full gear. 

"Theor, Your Grace. First of all, I would like to offer you my deepest condolences. Albert was too young to leave us so soon."
He listened to Richard's report, and he contemplated something fora while.

"Well, I must say that we are coming out of this crisis with a rather good hand. Despite our setbacks, we managed to preserve most of our strength, and Parnoth is running out of time and options.
From what i heard a trap was set for him in the south and my ment are close to capturing him. I have made considerable investment into our navy. This is last time that we let raiders and foreigners control our waters. This isn't all though."

Edgard stood up, and locked the doors of the chamber. He them motioned with his hand to Theor, and started speaking loudly.

"What is this? My prince, what are you doing?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:56 am »

Theor nodded and drawed his sword.

A quiet whisper, only hearable for the prince
"I bid you goodbye. See you in hell."

Kill Richard

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 17, 2012, 11:42:59 am »

Edgard draws his sword and joins Theor.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 17, 2012, 01:48:19 pm »

Richard looked at the two men - moved his eyebrow, frowned, rushed to the door. [2] He did not get there in time.

[5 vs 4+4]
Theor's sword slashed his back as he was running. The Prince started screaming like all hell.

[6][2] As the prince screams, guards rush into the room, breaking the door down in a matter of seconds. However, they are Edgard's men - they join in the melee with Edgard! [-1 HP Richard]
[1-1] Richard fails to escape, blocked by the guards in the short space.

[4 vs 2+4]
The guards mob Richard, who survives only thanks to the fact that they do not have enough space to use swords and are down do fists as they beat him up. [-1 HP Richard]
[3] The Prince, still screaming, starts rushing out of the room. There, he meets a terrifying view: more soldiers. [5] These, however, are Bravos of Windheath. Without an hesitation, they draw their weapons and prepare to defend their King.

[5 vs 1+3]
The elite soldiers start making short work of the Regent's men, killing them all one after the other while Edgard and Theor are still trying to join the melee. [-1 HP for Edgard's soldiers]
[2] The Prince, heavily wounded and desperate, tries to abandon the fight, but is delayed by the numerous soldiers fighting.

[5 vs 6+3]
The Bravos are starting to fall back as they take more and more losses to Edgard and Theor, who are both formidable swordsmen. [-1 HP to the Bravos]
[6] The Prince finally manages to run away and starts rushing down the tower's stairs.

[6 vs 2-1 vs 2-1]
Edgard and Theor go after him in a desperate movement, but the soldiers and their armor slow them down terribly. Besides, the Prince's adrenaline induced speed gives him an enormous edge; by the time the two are out of the melee, he is running through the courtyard, calling for all hell.

[6 vs 2-1 vs 3-2]
With a scream of success (and mixed screams of pain) Richard rushes out of the castle and starts rushing to leave the city, attempting to find a horse and calling the population and the city guards for support in the meantime.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 17, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

Blast.

Egard got to the courtyard just in time to see the prince leaving, tring to escape with is body cut up. He looked at his soldiers, standing around dumbfounded.

DON'T JUST STARE YOU IDIOTS! AFTER HIM! KILL HIM! CLOSE THE CITY AND GET ARCHERS ON ThE GATES!

He turned to Theor.
On horse and after him! He wasted no time in grabbing reins of his steed and going into the streets after the prince.
Go after Richard on horse. Kill. All troops in the city are to kill the prince. City is to be locked and the bridge guarded by 1 one regiment of archers.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 17, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »

Theor grunted. Damn prince was nimble. "Damn harefoot! HE WILL PAY FOR THIS ATTACK ON THE REGENT!"

Get a horse. Chase the prince down. Bring him to justice.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:37 pm »

[Richard 1/3hp]
[Edgard 3/3]
[Theor 3/3]

[5-1] vs.[3]
You catch up to Richard in the streets of Windheath. Your horses galloping, sparks flying everywhere in sight as their iron shod hooves pound the streets. A few archers blink at the sudden chase, before drawing their bows as ordered.

[1] vs. [6]
Arrows pepper [1d2= Ardas] Edgard’s back and arm, sharp welts of pain as their pointed heads rip through soft places in his armor. Their shots fired, the archers rip off their cloaks and throw them into the streets, disgusted.
[-1 hp to Edgard.]

[3] vs. [3]
Theor hacks at Richard’s head with a thick axe pulled from the saddle bag, the Prince, nay the King, dodging the blow by simply ducking the blow with a none-too-refined grunt of pain. Another swing, and another duck.

[5] vs. [1]
Richard spurs his horse, the beast panting as it speeds towards the gate. Citizens flee and scream as their King and two of his lords barrel through them, the king dodging blows and avoiding obstacles. The gate slowly raises as the King’s horse hit’s the edge.

[5+1][Richard]
[2] Theor
[6] Edgard

A rush of wind blows past Richard’s ears as the horse under him jumps from the edge of the gate to the bridge. It stays airborne for a long, few tenous moments, before it’s hooves impact the wood planks. It seems to hesitate as Edgard’s horse follows, almost stumbling and throwing it’s master, before it’s rights itself.
Theor is more unlucky, his horse gets to the edge of the drawbridge, before rearing up at the jump, the man falling from his saddle and landing with a harsh crack on the cobblestoned streets. His horse slides down beside him, hooves scrabbling for purchase on the smooth wood.
As the portcullis falls, Theor rolls out of the way of the riveted iron.

[2] vs. [2]
Both horses are winded by the sudden jump, decreasing from a gallop to something only a little better than a trot. Despite the fact their masters are spurring them on, still trying to either flee or pursue.

[1] vs. [4]
Edgard lunges at Richard with a blade, trying to impale the unlucky king, only to miss. Richard takes advantage of this sudden loss of guard to lash out with his own blade, scoring a hard graze across Edgard’s chest.

[3] vs. [2]
Edgard growls as his blood streams out from the wound on his chest. There’s a long moment of silence, the horses hooves the only thing that break it, before he lunges out once more, this time the blade biting flesh, ripping through the center of Richard’s chest. The King’s eyes widen, his grip on the reins falling as Edgard avoids a sudden pedestrian.
The horse ceases it’s gallop to a trot as it’s owner falls from the saddle, impacting the hard cobblestone road. The sword stays where it is as Richard rolls on his back, driving the blade deeper into his chest. Blood begins to drip from the corner of his mouth, and the young man finds it hard to breathe.

Richard has time for last words to the wounded Regent or just a declaration. A few citizens are around to hear.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 101