Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131336 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »

His grip tightened too, when told of his crimes. This man must die.

"Consider it done, my King."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »

"I have faith you will not dissapoint me, Sir Blackstar.

Go forth. Do good works."

The King dismissed him-he was led out the back entrance. None would know he had ever been there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2012, 11:45:03 pm »

Karas walked up to the guard.

"Who is this bastard, and where does he live?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

The Kings personal bodyguard-Aveline the Fencer, very beautiful and very deadly-favors the man with a steady glance. She apparently likes what she sees, because the woman leans forward, and whispers in Karas ear. Her voice is smooth as silk.

"...Your target is Count Whitehaven. He spends most of his time on that ship of his-the Wrangling Quarrel.

You'll know the ship, it's the biggest one in port right now, It's what he uses to transport his property, and he's shopping."

She presses a small paper into your hands-a small portrait of the targets face.

Aveline seems to ponder something, then leans back in, grabbing Karas collar, and smiling. Her cold blue eyes twinkle with dark amusement.

"...The King says you're good...and, it's been awhile since I've had a decent match. Come back with your head, maybe I'll be waiting for you with more than just gold. But don't hold me to that. I'm fickle...and not easily pleased."

She settles back into the shadows, as mysterious as ever...her own motives, unknown even to the King.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2012, 12:41:20 am »

Karas looks at the target. seems easy enough. Just a business man. Better be careful though, these types have lots of spare time to learn swordcraft, and their bodyguards can be some of the finest warriors the kingdom has known.

Before he leaves, his hood goes back on, cloak over his left aside, this time concealing the empty dagger scabbard. The dagger is... concealed, for easy and quick use.

After walking down to the docks, making sure to be inconspicuous, finds The Wrangling Quarrel. Looks like that lady was correct. Now to consider possible entryways, making sure that with examinations, he is not overt enough.

Examine for points of entry, crew numbers, their training and equipment, and escape options. Also check if crates are being loaded.

"Time to make my mark"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:46:22 am by Kestrel_6 »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2012, 05:58:11 am »

Galhard watched the peasent walk in, he respectfuly waited for him to come out before he entered, after all he was sure that the king would only want one guest at a time, especialy if what the guard said was true. After waiting for a good twenty minutes without an sign of the peasent, he finaly decided to enter, as he walked in he became uncomfortably aware o how his armour chinked and rattled constantly, perhaps he sould have worn his court room clothes, but no time for that now. At last he entered the throne room, kneeling down and removing his helmet with proper respect and and spoke.

"My liege, I am Galhard of the Thunderhound's family, I have come here after a long pilgrimage across the known world, for a crime I commited during the War, but I have returned here to serve you my liege, as I had served your father and mother, as well as return to my house."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:03:56 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:25 am »

((Adwarf and Deny, I would appreciate if you chose other colors than yellow for your speach. All three of us have a somewhat similar shade, and, for clarity's sake, it would help if you picked something else. I was there first, after all :P ))

Edgard was as much astounded as he was amused. "Blithering idiot, he really knows nothing of politics." He said to himself.

But he was feeling generous. He would not ask for the man's head, merely send the town guard on a chase after him. Edgard was curious how much mess would the man get himself into before he could explain himself to the king. A bit of entertainment with the self-righteous treehugger would be fun.

King's Treasurer sends a request to the Stormstead city guard that Ranger Trent is to be detained. Reason: attempted theft from the treasury.

[6] Guards rush to arrest the ranger. However, they find no evidence of any attempted theft and, after seeking explications from him, they decide that the treasurer may not have told the whole story. They arrest him too - well, they don't arrest him as much as they strongly suggest to him to follow them (after all, he is a duc, and ducs command respect), but they are firm.

Once both of you are brought to Stormstead, neither are placed in jail cells. Instead, they are lead to the palace, where the King's Marshal [4] decides not to bother the king about that, sinces he believes the whole thing must have been a misunderstanding.

[6 vs 5] Richard is in a pleasant mood when the two 'prisonners' are brought to him. He remains seated at his table, but he invites the other two to also take a seat.

"Before we start, I'd like to apologize for bothering you, Lord Treasurer. The guards were a bit too zealous when they decided to bring you here, I fear.

Now. Could either one of you explain what the hell happened?"

Karas looks at the target. seems easy enough. Just a business man. Better be careful though, these types have lots of spare time to learn swordcraft, and their bodyguards can be some of the finest warriors the kingdom has known.

Before he leaves, his hood goes back on, cloak over his left aside, this time concealing the empty dagger scabbard. The dagger is... concealed, for easy and quick use.

After walking down to the docks, making sure to be inconspicuous, finds The Wrangling Quarrel. Looks like that lady was correct. Now to consider possible entryways, making sure that with examinations, he is not overt enough.

Examine for points of entry, crew numbers, their training and equipment, and escape options. Also check if crates are being loaded.

"Time to make my mark"

[1] You see only one point of entry, and it's the (guarded) one used by the crew. [1] There are more crewmen than you can count on the ship and at the docks, and you suspect that even more are below decks. [2] The majority of them are armed [4] but not armored. [3] Although they're not experts, you get the feeling that they know how to handle themselves in a fight. [4] There are plenty of escape routes in the docks; once you're in the ship, though, you can either go out the way you came or jump in the water - although that last idea may not be adviseable, for there are plenty of ships on the river who might try to fish you out.

[3] Some are loading crates, some aren't.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2012, 10:08:46 am »

"Do not worry Your Highness, I do believe a misunderstanding has occured.

I merely tried to explain couple of things to our ranger hothead here, but I was taken aback by the insults of being a lowly southern cur and being threatened with having my tongue being cut out. Thats why i asked him to be detained. I should have stated that this was a case of contempt for nobility. Hehe, my mistake."

Edgard looked rather relaxed.

"I understand a bit of lashing or some drakes are in order to recompensate me for this. Ranger or not, he still behaved outrageously and in contravention to the customs of our land. I would insist that the man be put in dungeon, but because he seems to be a simpleton rather than a bufoon, a good beating, either on his body or on his purse should suffice."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:52 am »

Looks like he'd have to get some examination practice in after this. Considering that the crew are on shore leave, money's on all of them sleeping at once, or a skeleton crew at night.

Karas eyed the possibilities. Either walk in at night, disable the ramp, sneak about, kill the bastard traitor, and use his agility and jumping practice to exit the ship. After, it'll be game on trying to evade angry mariners.

Wait until there are sure signs of the ship going to sleep, before attempting boarding. Until then, continue observations of height between the main deck and the docks, how to disable the ramp, any windows behind the ship (where the businessman would probably stay), estimated crew, and look for a possible water based entry point.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »

In the Palace...

"I see. If he's a simpleton, I don't think he deserves to be outright put in the dungeon or beaten, but if he's not... Well. The guards told me you had something to say to defend yourself, Ranger Trent. What exactly lead you to insult a noble of fine birth - and a northerner loyal to the Crown - like Duc Edgar? Something about the treasury, yes?"

At the docks...

[4] The ship goes to sleep without noticing the watcher in the docks. [3] A few guards  - [3*2 = 6] 6, to be precise - remain on deck, equipped with torches and swords. [1+1] The ship is too high for you to jump on the decks from the docks. [6] Nothing stops you from moving the ramp once you're on the ship, but it is attached to two chains that would make an awful amount of noise if it was touched - enough to wake the crew up, doubtlessly. [5] You see light coming from the captain's cabin, and you suppose that the businessman would be there, since he certainly would not sleep with the crew. [3] Half of the guards on deck are guarding the only entrance to the cabin.

[/] Unsuprinsigly, the numbers of the crew remain the same as before, and no new entrances have magically appeared since you last checked.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »

"My insults were the result of this man insulting the Ranger's Guard, for years we've protected the border and when the time came even gave our lives to hold back the Haegar when they sought to soil our great realm, and the sees fit to insult them. We may have fallen from what we once were since the War of the Hounds, but I will not allow any man, even if he is a noble, insult the Ranger's Guard. It would have been fine if he kept his insults only directed at me, but calling what we do "prancing about in the woods" is an insult I can not allow. Do forgive me if I have done something that is wrong by insulting him, but even as a commoner I will stand my own against any noble but the King, or the Marquis of Northwatch. I may have been wrong in what I've said of this man when I called him a defeated nobleman from the South, but as you should know I would know little of the politics now a days, my vows have led me to stray from the politics of this realm in order to keep it safe." Trent said then paused before touching the ring on his hand, the guards had been smart enough to not try and take the ring, after a moment of thinking he looked Richard straight in the eyes, Trent's had a sort of fire in them as he said, "I may have been wrong in most of my insults, but I will not apologize nor will I take back my threat, if he insults the Ranger's Guard again I will follow through with it, they have sacrificed to much for a noble to insult what they do. He does not know the price we pay in order to protect our nation, and I will not stand to let him insult the legacy the dead have left behind."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:35 pm »

"An idealist. I see indeed.

From the way you're saying, Ranger, the Duc didn't not say your company in general spent its time 'prencing about in the woods', he was specifically speaking of you. Besides, his 'insult' could be seen as sarcasm depending on the tone - I cannot judge that, for I wasn't there - while yours are extremely serious. And while you appear to be proud of your order, the Duc has a point - the Rangers have not been active since the war of the longaxe, which was long before you were born.

Still, I am in a merciful mood today. Normally I would give you the choice between your fingers or your tongue, but I have a better idea. Tell me, Ranger, what is your rank in your company?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2012, 03:59:33 pm »

After the dinner, Rusty heads to the Iron Hound for a drink, ordering Kylila back to the manor to guard the Crown of the South. He keeps his eye out for anything strange or suspicious, looking almost desperately for a fight.

[6] You head to the Hound through a series of back streets, in the mood for a fight.  [6] You hear the sounds of several men approaching you from behind and turn to face them... only to hear their fellows flank you from behind.  [4*2] Four men flank you on either side, but you've had time to draw your blade.  They are [3] armed with short knives and clubs, [3] wearing thick leather jerkins and leggings that provide some armour.  [2] They tell you to drop your weapon and fork out your drakes, 'noble swine'.

You find yourself trapped in a narrow street, significantly outnumbered with enemies in front and behind - and you don't even have your best friend and protector.  How will you get out of this one?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:02:19 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »

Trent looked at the man, and replied "I am the Commander of the Ranger's Guard, I know what your about to do is strip my rank, go ahead all you need to do is bring the Marquis of Northwatch here and I will give him the ring that shows such. With that he went silent, the ring he grasped in his left hand and slowly he took it off and sat it on the table in front of him before continuing, "I care not if he was being sarcastic, and if he meant only to insult me he should have spoke his words better, I dislike the politics of nobles so why must I be drug into them ..." Towards the end he trailed off, and went silent.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2012, 04:16:11 pm »

A being brought to the Marshal...

Edgard felt that now was the right time to fulfill his duty to his family. He had to find a lady for himself, preferably with big inheritance. If western arendal kingdoms we to be conquered, one could secure additionl land there for himself by taking a wife from there...

Send an emissary to look for potential brides in the kingdoms of Arendalis and Donnerstein. Give him remaining 0.5d for any travel expenses, presents and bribes to get around amd meet suitable women for Edgard.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 101