Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)  (Read 37002 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:00 pm »

I know that FSEconomy can be used with X-Plane. It's just slightly harder to find plane models that are compatable with the FSE system and I believe the FSE map is based off of the FSX map which is slightly outdated at this point, so there might be some airport changes in X-Plane that don't exist within the FSE system. I do know there are some cases where the FSX airport and the FSE airport are under different names though, so that might not be true either. But I've also come across cases where the Skyvector charts(real world US charts) don't match up with either of them. FSE is based solely upon your proximity to Latitude and Longitude though so even if the airport doesn't exist in X-Plane, then you can land somewhere nearby and it should register as being there.

No idea about Vatsim, but I'd be surprised if there weren't an x-plane option out there somewhere for Vatsim.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

Someone on the RoF forum made a Pacific island-style map, and tooling around it in the Felixstowe makes me feel like a pulp serial hero.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:00 pm »

Does anybody know a relatively easy way to install and play IL-2 Sturmovik Complete and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 on windows 7?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »

Does anybody know a relatively easy way to install and play IL-2 Sturmovik Complete and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 on windows 7?
Good Old Games

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2012, 05:14:33 pm »

I'm on a fairly crappy internet, but IL-2 versions you can get are usually version 4.09. You should patch up to 4.11.1. I'm on a crappy slow internet at the moment, but there's something called a megapatch that you should be able to download. Try googling for "IL-2 4.11.1 megapatch". It should get you up to speed...

After that you can always try mods! :)

But mostly, multiplayer!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:33 am »

I have absolutely no problem with 1946 on windows 7 64 bit. Installs and plays normally and I've just got the CD version.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44:44 pm »

So yeah, eventually I decided to just buy the GoG version, and it works. The single problem I've got now is that all the wires in my joystick keep breaking every few days, so I've got to resolder them all the time :P

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2013, 05:05:30 pm »

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad is now pre-orderable at http://il2sturmovik.com/!

It is now being developed by 777 studios of Rise of Flight fame, and I feel they are pretty competent at a technical level. Their map is also supposedly going to be much larger than '46's maps, which is nice.

I think I read that there were not going to be as many people online per server as in Cliffs of Dover or even IL-2 '46, which is a huge bummer :( Cliffs of Dover allows over 100, without very large problems, and I used to fly in servers with 60+ people on :(

So, I am cautiously optimistic, but still wishing for some more as regards multiplayer. Either way, no money for pre-order, which should give early access in Autumn/Winter 2013!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2013, 05:24:29 pm »

Haven't checked the link yet but my biggest concern is havong to pay money for every single plane, and then perhaps paying just to have something like an underwing mount for a rocket or something ridiculous like that, or a different kind of ammo.

We'll see.

IL-2 46' with all its expansions had something like 200 flyable planes or something like that.... now imaging having to pay 10 dwarfbucks for each one.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

It's very annoying, but it does seem to be the only way to keep making proper flight sims... it's such a small, dwindling community that otherwise it seems companies won't be able to stay afloat :(

I don't know... I hate paying tons of money, but if I really enjoy the game I can easily pay $10 every couple of months or so. Still cheaper than an MMO subscription, right?

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2013, 11:31:45 am »

I just saw in steam a free to play DCS simulator, the game is called DCS World, and for what i can tell they give you the su25 frogfoot for free while the rest of their products remain at the normal price.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2013, 10:40:05 pm »

Definitely not a simulator, but the next Ace Combat is going to be free-to-play as well, which might end up being a bit of a problem.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »

I would really like to see how they aproach the ace combat in a muliplayer focus release, becouse what makes ace combat so fun is the "no skill to kill the world" factor basically, i really dont see how that can work on MP.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:37 pm »

I would really like to see how they aproach the ace combat in a muliplayer focus release, becouse what makes ace combat so fun is the "no skill to kill the world" factor basically, i really dont see how that can work on MP.

Assault Horizon was kinda that, but... ehehe, yeah, on-rails dogfighting. Ace Combat 6 had multiplayer, too, but I've never gotten a chance to play it.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:33 am »

I just saw in steam a free to play DCS simulator, the game is called DCS World, and for what i can tell they give you the su25 frogfoot for free while the rest of their products remain at the normal price.
DCS is really good stuff if you're into high-fidelity sims. The frogfoot is free but unfortunately doesn't have the same level of detail as the paid modules. The go-to module for DCS World right now is the A-10c Warthog, it's easily the most popular and other then the Ka-50 Black Shark probably the most detailed. Right now only the A-10c and Ka-50 are available on steam, but they're working on porting their other modules over which includes the P-51 Mustang, and the UH-1H Huey. The way DCS World works is that in multiplayer you don't need to own every module, so I can fly an A-10c and my friend can fly the Ka-50 even though I don't own that module.Also, Eagle Dynamics is allowing other 3rd party companies to produce different modules so a few years from now we'll have all sorts of planes/helis to fly.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24