Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: San Diego accidentally sets off entire fireworks stockpile in ~15 seconds.  (Read 2794 times)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrPCEubDZ9A&feature=related

It's quite impressive, actually. Of course, I'd probably be kind of pissed if I went there myself to see it... but it makes for a great YouTube video.  :D

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

You'd be pissed to see the best 30 seconds of pyrotechnics since the Battle of the Somme?  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Damn it Jimmy.... Again?

And people actually cheered and clapped at first too. :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

"Explosions like 10 times of the sun went around Henry Freeman but Henry Freeman didnt care" is all I could think of.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That was pretty freakin' sweet. Too bad they couldn't do something like that for a finale instead of a whole show, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Pretty much mandatory.

The difference of course being they were in a sealed container. Still lovely though.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Pretty much mandatory.

The difference of course being they were in a sealed container. Still lovely though.
Holy shit, that is terrifying (especially the big explosion, which really reminds me of a generic scene from a movie).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That was pretty darn impressive. I'd almost rather see that than an extended display anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Pretty much mandatory.

Holy shit, that is terrifying (especially the big explosion, which really reminds me of a generic scene from a movie).
V for Vendetta?
No, although it is visually like the explosion in V it is a entirely different feel.
More of a tropeish thing really, wherever someone is holding a camera and a explosion goes off nearby and they fall to the ground or whatever. Not any individual scene (although there are many individual scenes that would qualify), but more of the idea of it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I have some friends down there that I'm going to be visiting next week who were actually there. One of them knows a guy who works with the company and he says that it was a computer malfunction that set them all off at once. I'd be pretty bummed if it happened actually, get all worked up to see an awesome fireworks show and then miss it. (Of course after being present for a 1-hour fireworks spectacular for a country anniversary in Italy most fireworks shows seem kind of tame. :P)

The real response to this is "Do you think that they are getting hired for next years show?" With the answer being "Nope!"
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

I have some friends down there that I'm going to be visiting next week who were actually there. One of them knows a guy who works with the company and he says that it was a computer malfunction that set them all off at once.

Oh, that's happened to me before. Always read what's on the little text box before you click 'Yes To All'.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I'd be pretty bummed if it happened actually, get all worked up to see an awesome fireworks show and then miss it.
I'd rather see a fifteen second artificial sun than a fifteen minute fireworks display anytime.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2