Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288870 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2565 on: August 01, 2013, 08:06:14 am »

Considering the primary reason I want villagers, having to do it the hard way seems entirely fair.
Now I'm worried.

@forsaken1111
   Yeah, you can easily forget some of the lesser used things quite easily. After all, how often do you really need to turn a zombie villager into a normal villager? You generally just have a village somewhere. I only remember it because Docm had an interesting video recently with all kinds of havoc while trying to do just that. Oh and if you don't mind since I have not really been following the thread(I just popped by because my inbox had like 6 or 7 messages all in a row saying there was new replies here) whats happening.
Yeah I forget about vanilla stuff all the time. Whats happening: I am making a new 1.6.2 tech server which is up in testing mode and will be releasing a client pack probably within the hour so you can connect to it. :)

Can't use multimc any more.
Huh, what's wrong with MultiMC?
Nothing is wrong with it, its a great program. It just doesn't work with 1.6.2 yet, and may never be updated to do so.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2566 on: August 01, 2013, 08:07:22 am »

Considering the primary reason I want villagers, having to do it the hard way seems entirely fair.
Now I'm worried.
Muahaha.

So, got a list of the kind of mods you're adding? I'm still on 1.5 with my own personal pack and I haven't really been keeping up with 1.6.2 updates and new mods and whatnot.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2567 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:01 am »

I have most of them, will post a modlist as well along with the client pack.

I have the client pack down to a simple unzip with a few steps, so it may even be easier than multimc. hm...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2568 on: August 01, 2013, 08:16:04 am »

The biggest advantage of MultiMC was ease of use with multiple instances of MC which doesn't matter much with your pack as its a specific pack. If you where trying to have a couple different versions of the game running around all with varying degrees of being modded MultiMC would be a life saver but you just need a specific version running a specific set of mods so it would probably be easier even if MultiMC was updated. Of course this discounts the preinstalled user base with MultiMC which would probably make it easier just because people would know whats up.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2569 on: August 01, 2013, 08:23:47 am »

The biggest advantage of MultiMC was ease of use with multiple instances of MC which doesn't matter much with your pack as its a specific pack. If you where trying to have a couple different versions of the game running around all with varying degrees of being modded MultiMC would be a life saver but you just need a specific version running a specific set of mods so it would probably be easier even if MultiMC was updated. Of course this discounts the preinstalled user base with MultiMC which would probably make it easier just because people would know whats up.
You can do that now with profiles using the default launcher. Trust me, if MultiMC worked with 1.6.2 I would use it. This launcher they made is strange. At least you don't have to edit the jar any more, ever.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2570 on: August 01, 2013, 08:26:22 am »

Yes you can do it but as you say it is strange. Also MultiMC did more then just have profiles. It had the ability to manipulate what mods where in said profile.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2571 on: August 01, 2013, 08:28:33 am »

All true. Unfortunately the guy behind MultiMC said iirc that he has no current plans to update it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2572 on: August 01, 2013, 08:30:21 am »

Last I had checked he wasn't dropping it, he just wasn't working on it though there where some that where. Actually let me look to see if I can find the place I found said info.

Here it is

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2573 on: August 01, 2013, 08:37:49 am »

Oh good, that's new to me. Glad to see it might get updated.

Okay fair warning: I have some difficulty mods on here. I can't put in the ones which make the mobs harder yet as they're not updated but I do have things like gregtech. Some things are nerfed, some are harder than they could otherwise be. It takes 6 iron to make a bucket, for example, and you need a hammer to do it. I enjoy the difficulty.

Client download: http://bit.ly/1chdWgQ

Spoiler: Install instructions (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2574 on: August 01, 2013, 10:35:28 am »

I think I'd like this if tool durability wasn't eighthed or whatever it has.

Having stone tools break after 30 blocks or something is really irritating. And the wood, too.
Use flint for your tool head and wood or bone for the handle and you'll get a lot more durability... or just cast some all-metal ones using the smeltery. Using smelting, a pickaxe only takes 2 ingots which is a single ore block.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2575 on: August 01, 2013, 10:55:37 am »

Well I record the hour and so that I was on the server and my end conclusion is I probably won't be playing on it that much. I can see the point where stuff would get less tedious but as is I am stuck deep in the tedious part. Oh and I think the wood nerf is both unneeded and harmful as it only hurts people who are starting out even with treecapitator. Though I must admit I am quite tired right now so I reserve judgement on everything besides the wood till later.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2576 on: August 01, 2013, 10:58:44 am »

Well I record the hour and so that I was on the server and my end conclusion is I probably won't be playing on it that much. I can see the point where stuff would get less tedious but as is I am stuck deep in the tedious part. Oh and I think the wood nerf is both unneeded and harmful as it only hurts people who are starting out even with treecapitator. Though I must admit I am quite tired right now so I reserve judgement on everything besides the wood till later.
No worries. The server is intended to be difficult because on the whole I find minecraft fairly easy. Much too easy. Once we have some basic infrastructure up it won't be so bad for others to jump start.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2577 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:59 am »

I'm quite enjoying the difficulty so far.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2578 on: August 01, 2013, 11:04:40 am »

I would like to make the distinction that I did not say hard but rather tedious. I died once and that was just because I did not want to ruin my cavern floor with a creeper explosions. A couple of the things like making some of the tools hardly last at all and wood only giving 2 planks doesn't actually make the game hard. It just makes you grind more. Of course this is early stuff but I don't really see why it was done, especially with those 2 things. Though I guess it really comes down to your definition of hard really. Because if roguelikes have taught me one thing, its that everyone has a different idea of what hard is. This just might not be my cup of tea.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2579 on: August 01, 2013, 12:04:00 pm »

Understandable. I did warn you that I was using things like gregtech.

Either way it should be more fun once we build up basics and more mods are updated.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 220