Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289123 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2325 on: February 17, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »

Most of the bigger forge mods have bukkit ports, that's the entire point of Minecraft Port Central.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2326 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »

So.. Buckit huh..
Well there's another pack I need to get.
Bukkit stuff doesn't require anything at all client-side. Nothing extra for you to get.

That would require a much larger audience than Bay12.
True. Once I have most of the kinks worked out I planned to give this its own site and advertise a bit.

I don't think forsaken has any moderators besides himself.
True, just me for now though I do have one person who is working on custom mods for the server and if this becomes a 'big thing' I have a few people in mind I'd ask to become mods if they liked.

If you are playing with mods, yes, but bukkit mostly hates any forge mods and won't work with them last I checked.
That would be the entire point of using MCPC+         see below

Most of the bigger forge mods have bukkit ports, that's the entire point of Minecraft Port Central.
Yep. With Minecraft Port Central Plus as a base, I can load forge mods without any extra porting! I can use a regular forge mod for the server without any extra work and it work seamlessly while still using bukkit plugins.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2327 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:26 pm »

Indeed, but if the bukkit idea takes off and we stick to vanilla blocks (due to mineways not reading custom blocks) I can provide art of cool buildings people build.
(shameless self promotion below :V)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I do hope voxelsniper/worldedit/biomeedit are being included for moderators.
For people who simply enjoy building, I do plan to have a creative world. Its a world where everyone who enters is swapped to creative mode and you can simply build or do whatever you like, and show it off. I may even be able to set it up so you can build adventure maps or dungeons for other people to run, and charge admission or whatever then have the map reset when it finishes. Still working on the basics though for now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2328 on: February 19, 2013, 07:20:34 am »

Dev Server: Coins now have tooltips indicating their value. Coins now drop from hostile mobs rarely and can also be found as dungeon loot.

Server: Work continues on compiling the update. I hope to be done tonight.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2329 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2330 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »

That is quite cool, are you developing that stuff by yourself?
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2331 on: February 19, 2013, 06:42:08 pm »

That is quite cool, are you developing that stuff by yourself?
The lantern mod isn't mine. The coins are. I'm just slowly working through everything to make sure it all works, and figured I should post a picture to show you because I thought it was cool.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:53 pm »

Maybe you should have a different mob on each type of coin?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 19, 2013, 08:19:53 pm »

On a completely unrelated note, have you made a decision on minechem 2? I'm kinda hoping for it, but I'd totally understand whichever decision you make.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 19, 2013, 08:21:25 pm »

Why not make them like the IC2/Gerg coins, and make them worth powers of 8 or something and add exchange crafting recipes? After all, it's a currency, and if you want people to start using it instead of just trading natural resources, you should make using it as easy as possible.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2335 on: February 19, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »

Why not make them like the IC2/Gerg coins, and make them worth powers of 8 or something and add exchange crafting recipes? After all, it's a currency, and if you want people to start using it instead of just trading natural resources, you should make using it as easy as possible.
how is it hard? The currency system handles any conversion between the coins. This is a bukkit economy plugin guys.

sure. Make me some good sprites. I'm no artist

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: February 19, 2013, 08:49:12 pm »

how is it hard? The currency system handles any conversion between the coins. This is a bukkit economy plugin guys.
I thought they were just carryable items, but feel free to enlighten me. I'm afraid I don't speak Bukkit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2337 on: February 19, 2013, 09:38:24 pm »

I thought they were just carryable items, but feel free to enlighten me. I'm afraid I don't speak Bukkit.
its quite simple. You have a currency balance which is based on what coins are also in your inventory. If you want to pay someone, you type /pay forsaken1111 10 or whatever and it sends that person 10 currency and makes change automatically. Similarly if you buy something from a store. The economy system handles all currency exchanges for you.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:56 pm »

its quite simple. You have a currency balance which is based on what coins are also in your inventory. If you want to pay someone, you type /pay forsaken1111 10 or whatever and it sends that person 10 currency and makes change automatically. Similarly if you buy something from a store. The economy system handles all currency exchanges for you.
So what if you have an inventory full with gold pieces, and /pay someone only one currency?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2339 on: February 20, 2013, 05:26:12 am »

So what if you have an inventory full with gold pieces, and /pay someone only one currency?
in that unlikely scenario it will probably drop your silver/copper change on the ground. This is why you would want to have a vault set up. A vault is a designated chest which also stores your money. I will test that scenario out today though. Good thought
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 220