Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289127 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2310 on: February 16, 2013, 11:06:23 am »

Weird. With the books?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

oeso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: February 16, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »

Yeah I tested it offline first because I didn't understand why I couldn't enchant the Thaumcraft sword with repair. Turns out it needs to be undamaged, not sure if that's intentional.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: February 16, 2013, 02:26:10 pm »

Ah, I see. Really annoying since the Wand of excavation seems to have two modes: One-use superfast pick mode and instacharge infinipick mode, depending on wether it's enchanted with repair or not.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2313 on: February 17, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and update you all on a few things.

1. I have been working on gathering updated mods together for the server, but I'm still testing a few things. I might get it done and ready to deploy tomorrow.

2. I have continued work on the bukkit server I talked about a while ago. Actually work on that never stopped really, but its stagnated a bit and recently I and a few others have made some more progress. See pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/TLEqG

I still like the idea of an item-based currency as was discussed last time but I am not comfortable with tying it directly to items you can mine up or create, so we have made a simple mod which adds in three denomination of coin. The Auri is a gold coin worth 250 Denari. The Argenti is a silver coin worth 10 Denari, and the Cupri is a copper coin worth 1 Denari. These coins cannot currently be minted, though we are adding a small chance of finding Cupri as dungeon loot or possibly as drops from hostile mobs.

You can keep these coins in your inventory or place them in a vault. A vault is any block with an inventory which has a sign above it (directly above) with the word [vault] on it. Upon creating that sign, the below block becomes a linked vault and any coins inside are accessible as part of your balance. This does mean you'll have to protect your coinage, and that it can be stolen. Be careful how much money you travel with. I will be trying this vault system out once the server reaches an alpha state and I let people in.

Towny Advanced is on the server as well. Towny allows you to purchase chunks of land and create towns, invite people to live there, etc. A town's money is held in a town vault, which is created similarly to the personal vault. Towns can be raided and robbed! The pvp nature of this will likely be voluntary, but that is a decision for the future. I am still trying to get the underlying systems in place.

If anyone has prior experience with bukkit or Minecraft Port Central stuff or even forge modding in general, and is interested in lending a hand, let me know via PM. I am building this on a MCPC platform which means I'll be able to use forge mods seamlessly with bukkit plugins. Should be interesting, lots of possibilities there.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:28 pm »

So.. Buckit huh..
Well there's another pack I need to get.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:17:31 pm by Ultimuh »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: February 17, 2013, 04:48:58 pm »

That would require a much larger audience than Bay12.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2316 on: February 17, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »

Indeed, but if the bukkit idea takes off and we stick to vanilla blocks (due to mineways not reading custom blocks) I can provide art of cool buildings people build.
(shameless self promotion below :V)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I do hope voxelsniper/worldedit/biomeedit are being included for moderators.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: February 17, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

I don't think forsaken has any moderators besides himself.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2318 on: February 17, 2013, 05:23:32 pm »

Yes but voxelsniper and worldedit make minecraft megaengineering much easier, just tossing in the thought.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2319 on: February 17, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »

Where's the fun in making a megastructure if you just magic half of it into place?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2320 on: February 17, 2013, 05:48:14 pm »

When you have a real life to tend to, being able to mass-build is a boon if you want to get anything done.

Also, tadpoles.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: February 17, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »

Minecraft isnt for people with lives :/
Whats the fun with a megaproject when you put no efgort in it?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2322 on: February 17, 2013, 05:53:51 pm »

It isn't like you press two buttons and "poof" a castle appears. But not having to build the 300x300 tile mountain it sits on block by block helps a lot.

Also, tadpoles.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: February 17, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »

That's what fillers are for.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2324 on: February 17, 2013, 06:02:46 pm »

If you are playing with mods, yes, but bukkit mostly hates any forge mods and won't work with them last I checked.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 220