Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289182 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2235 on: February 03, 2013, 08:29:41 pm »

Chunkloader turtle, loading your pocket dimension.
Did you fix it?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: February 03, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »

Fix what? Also, can I have a crash log?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2237 on: February 03, 2013, 08:40:40 pm »

Fix what? Also, can I have a crash log?
I asked about the farms because the crash seemed to be about them. I may have to remove them for now. :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/finfdhkcxypg3no/crash-2013-02-03_20.30.49-server.txt

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 03, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

Guess we'll stick to the old farms for now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2239 on: February 03, 2013, 08:50:19 pm »

Its odd because it only started once you chunkloaded the dimension with the turtle.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2240 on: February 03, 2013, 09:15:22 pm »

Okay, after we investigated I think it was due to an issue with chunkloading turtles not loading the new multiblock farms correctly. Something is weird about them as we were getting negative metadata for the turtles.

I've disabled chunkloading turtles for now and enabled world anchors instead. You'll probably have to set world anchors as craftable in your local configs for the recipe to work. That change will be included next update.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: February 03, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »

I believe one can teleport someone with /tpx (breadbocks) (someone not over a void)

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: February 04, 2013, 06:08:00 am »

I think it works only when both forsaken and the person in need of teleport  are online and about 10 seconds after breadblocks goes online server crashes.

One other option would be to use http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac/ - editor for <Player>.dat files* - and change Pos coordinates and maybe Dimension and Spawn to something more safe.

And if you delete one entry in inventory list that has Slot:100 - that should be boots.

*In SSP this file is ignored.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2243 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:08 am »

There are all sorts of things I could do, but as I said this is one bug that is pretty well known by now. Don't wear the ars magica boots when flying near the void. I'm not going to dive into nbt data to fix something which the person knew not to do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:53 pm »

I just had a nostalgia moment to the first map and the old town... And the accident. And the glorious moment of "I told you!".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2245 on: February 04, 2013, 01:02:52 pm »

I just had a nostalgia moment to the first map and the old town... And the accident. And the glorious moment of "I told you!".
You mean when I told everyone not to make nukes in town so someone put one on a nearby island and I said it was too close and then it exploded half the town?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:44 pm »

You mean when I told everyone not to make nukes in town so someone put one on a nearby island and I said it was too close and then it exploded half the town?
Not a nuke, a nuclear reactor. That was indeed too close, and somehow exploded. I still don't know how the fuck that happened.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2247 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:58 pm »

That's what I meant, nuke reactor. And yes, it was too close. :P

It probably happened due to the (at the time) spotty chunk loading code. That was before chunk loading was folded into forge.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2248 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »

Forsaken, you still working on the cavern world, or have you given up on it?
I've tried to gen it 3 times now and each time it has crashed. I'll try again some time today.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2249 on: February 04, 2013, 01:23:33 pm »

Forsaken, you still working on the cavern world, or have you given up on it?
I've tried to gen it 3 times now and each time it has crashed. I'll try again some time today.
Would it be possible to temporarily disable marble spawning in that world or something, so it doesn't do that crash?
I don't see how, without removing the redpower mod itself which would result in all of the redpower stuff in the game vanishing. o.o
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 220