Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 289022 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #2070 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32:51 pm »

Hah, figured out one of the issues. I had to increase the java virtual machine permgen size because of all the mod blocks. heh...

I'll include instructions to do this. Basically there are so many mods that the address space reserved was overflowing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2071 on: January 26, 2013, 11:56:11 pm »

Okay. Mostly final mod list, working on configs now and one or two other issues.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is 102 mods total.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:24 am »

102 mods and nothing like treecapitator/timber!. Just had to find something to complain about.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2073 on: January 27, 2013, 12:11:19 am »

102 mods and nothing like treecapitator/timber!. Just had to find something to complain about.
Thaumcraft has an axe which chops whole trees down, so I didn't include treecapitator as it would make that axe useless. :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:13 am »

It's also pretty heavily endgame and IIRC, it just chops trees from the ends. It still takes the same amount of time as it would to chop down 20-some blocks, just you don't need to scaffold.
EDIT: Just for clarity, I don't actually care overmuch about that sort of thing. I just had to nitpick.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2075 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:44 am »

I understand that you were just nitpicking and not serious.

The point behind this server is to be a challenge though, and convenience items like that axe should be pretty high tier. Difficulty will be high.

Another example: The only chunk loaders available now are the personal anchors/carts from railcraft, which only work while their owner is logged in and must be visited first before they keep a chunk loaded. No more 3 dozen world anchors active for no reason keeping the server bogged down, and you must now at least be logged in and semi active, rather than logging out for days to let machines run. They also require fuel in the form of ender pearls every 12 realtime hours.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:23:53 am by forsaken1111 »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: January 27, 2013, 12:52:03 am »

That chunk loading thing sounds kinda icky, at leas the ender pearl bit. Eh, 12 real time hours of being logged in is quite a long time, though, so I'm not too concerned.

Something that does strike me as odd though, why are you using an older version of thermal expansion? Do you just not want tesseracts or something?
Looking at other things that aren't at their newest version, there's also Power Converters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2077 on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:55 am »

Something that does strike me as odd though, why are you using an older version of thermal expansion? Do you just not want tesseracts or something?
Looking at other things that aren't at their newest version, there's also Power Converters.
I just forgot to iterate the version numbers. I have the latest version of both.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2078 on: January 27, 2013, 01:10:48 am »

Sorry guys, I was hoping to finish before going to sleep but its 1am now and I woke up at 5am yesterday so I'm making mistakes which is just making it take longer. Will finish up when I wake up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2079 on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:21 am »

Okay, had some sleep, food, and I'm back on it.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:03 am »

Does this version of Minechem still sidestep Gregtech's deliberate scarcity of Titanium and Chromium?

If Gregtech is supposed to be on hard settings - those 2 Minechem recipes are better be disabled if possible. (Maybe there are also cheap Minechem ways to get W or Pt but they don't seem to influence overall Gregtech difficulty so much.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2081 on: January 27, 2013, 10:07:33 am »

Does this version of Minechem still sidestep Gregtech's deliberate scarcity of Titanium and Chromium?

If Gregtech is supposed to be on hard settings - those 2 Minechem recipes are better be disabled if possible. (Maybe there are also cheap Minechem ways to get W or Pt but they don't seem to influence overall Gregtech difficulty so much.)
I'll take a look at that. Thanks for reminding me.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:36 am »

I've never found Ti hard to find. I'd welcome having another source of Cr though. You're basically forced into using every ruby you find ever for it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2083 on: January 27, 2013, 11:40:42 am »

I've never found Ti hard to find. I'd welcome having another source of Cr though. You're basically forced into using every ruby you find ever for it.
I'm leaving minechem out for now until I can work out whether or not I want it in. It doesn't affect worldgen anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal, and I can add it in any time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2084 on: January 27, 2013, 12:37:08 pm »

Ok I put the new link and new steps to update up in the OP. Please read them, they are different.

Someone test it out. Step 3 is optional, if you start getting strange crashes or out of memory errors you can try adding that.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 220