Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287844 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1275 on: November 19, 2012, 02:44:03 pm »

I got sick of ExtraBiomes and their useless removable grasses/toadstools that made it really annoying to build (try to build on an "empty" grass block and you'll have some hovering brick one block above instead). Those wetlands look terrible, I get what they were trying to do but probably should have made solid ground with holes just at water level instead of those funky columns.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1276 on: November 19, 2012, 02:56:19 pm »

Honestly the only reason I decided to include it was that I love the red rock and bricks, and I like the look of the wasteland areas.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 19, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »

Is there a reason there's two coppers and two tins? And can they be merged?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1278 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:49 pm »

Is there a reason there's two coppers and two tins? And can they be merged?
There are probably more than two. Several different mods add the metals/ores. They work interchangably though. If it really bugs you, just macerate them all and they'll all become IC2 copper/tin/whatever, or pulverize them and smelt and they'll become the ingots added by thermal expansion.

I understand a new mod will be coming soonish called the Lexicon which lets you change between equal item types, like putting in one copper ingot and getting another copper ingot out for convenience.

I could have disabled all but one mod's ore but I sort of liked the variety, seeing them as different types of ore like you have 2-3 ores in DF which can yield copper.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1279 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »

Also mods add their own ores in the amounts they need. For instance Factorization needs an absolute ton of silver and lead which you get in the mod only from silver ore so you find massive veins of it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1280 on: November 19, 2012, 03:15:02 pm »

Also mods add their own ores in the amounts they need. For instance Factorization needs an absolute ton of silver and lead which you get in the mod only from silver ore so you find massive veins of it.
That is the other reason, yes. If you rely only on lead spawns from other mods you will be sorely lacking lead for factorization because it requires a f--kton

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1281 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:48 pm »

Mick and I found some spuds.

And by found I mean he created a desert age and I used my Irish senses to find potatoes
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:37 pm »

Just lost connection for some reason and can't connect anymore

Connection refused: connect
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1283 on: November 19, 2012, 11:38:16 pm »

Same here as well. Hopefully I will be able to find my turtle when I can get back up. With luck its derpy pathfinding will have worked how I programmed it and it will have already climbed out of the ravine before the disconnect.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:00 am »

I think that a world is not simulated at all if no one is online, regardless of the chunkloaders.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1285 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:43 am »

I know its not being simulated. What I meant was I hope that my turtle had already made it out into the open because when it loads again it won't be running its program so if hidden from sight I might not find it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1286 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:29 am »

Server should be back up now.

I think that a world is not simulated at all if no one is online, regardless of the chunkloaders.
Actually the world should remain loaded and simulated if there is a chunk loader. That is what chunk loaders do. I know my chunkloaded solar panels certainly charge while I am offline on my other server.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 20, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »

Just a minor point, but I have the coke oven set up to automatically pump its creosote oil into the Carpenter next to it, which will automatically make ties.

It's much less effort than having to take  a stack of bottles and make them manually, and it saves a ton on glass.

So, like, stop putting glass bottles into the coke oven :P
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1288 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:32 pm »

You can also use a liquid transposer to fill and empty cells without losing the cell, so long as the transposer is powered iirc.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »

The carpenter is handy enough, just toss a few dozen stacks of slabs into the inventory and let it craft forever.
I have it running on redstone engines, so it's not fast, but it's fine if you're just letting it run while you do other stuff.
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 220