Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287769 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1245 on: November 16, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »

I can't make a iron, gold, nor diamond block. I wanted to try using factorization instead of IC2 because I always start IC2 and I got a distance but now I just can't continue without going and doing IC2 stuff because I can't make 9 pieces of iron, gold, or diamond into a block. I have 9 diamonds and was ready to proceed but then found this out. If it is an option in Gregtech I think its one that should be changed as it doesn't see to do anything but force me into making a compressor and generator to simply make a single block of diamond.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1246 on: November 16, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »

I'll probably get used to it, it's made preparing for my mission of exploration more interesting now, I need to actually stockpile food rather than being able to sprint for a year before getting hungry
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1247 on: November 16, 2012, 04:27:50 pm »

I can't make a iron, gold, nor diamond block. I wanted to try using factorization instead of IC2 because I always start IC2 and I got a distance but now I just can't continue without going and doing IC2 stuff because I can't make 9 pieces of iron, gold, or diamond into a block. I have 9 diamonds and was ready to proceed but then found this out. If it is an option in Gregtech I think its one that should be changed as it doesn't see to do anything but force me into making a compressor and generator to simply make a single block of diamond.
That would be gregtech, yes. On one hand, I like it as how could Steve possibly compact iron into a solid block, or diamonds for that matter? On the other hand, I get that its sort of annoying. It forces you to have some initial infrastructure before you can do things which require iron/diamond blocks. Making a generator and compressor are probably two of the easiest things in IC2, but if its really a problem I will go in and change it.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1248 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:13 pm »

Its not so much a problem as it is forcing me to use IC2 for a single block. I just need to have a single diamond block and them I am good. Even just having you pop on and magicing me up a diamond block in exchange for my diamonds would be fine really. If I was using IC2 at the moment it would not even bother me but forcing me to use IC2 when using another mod just seems a little off.

Edit: Also it looks like someone is going to setup some IC2 stuff soon so it might not matter soon.

Edit: okay looks like someone made a compressor
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:55:39 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1249 on: November 16, 2012, 04:58:32 pm »

Yeah, got a compressor and a generator up, leaving the other machines for now as I really need to build myself an actual house.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1250 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:20 pm »

And thank you for that. I have managed to get all the way up to cristilization so now I have the ability to about triple my ores like iron or copper though it does take quite a long time.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 17, 2012, 01:58:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When are you guys all on?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1252 on: November 17, 2012, 01:59:56 am »

Is that from the server? Did you put together a texture pack for all of the mods?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 17, 2012, 02:09:10 am »

No, this texture pack is only for the default blocks, sorry.
It is on the server, though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1254 on: November 17, 2012, 02:18:39 am »

I don't really have a "time" I am on though tomorrow probably not at all as I will be doing stuff. Otherwise I tend to hop on for a little and depending if people are on I may just do some upkeep and hop back off or whatever.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 17, 2012, 07:48:32 am »

Well I set it all up and it launches fine, all the information on the bottom left is good.

But I can't get past the "logging in..." screen when connecting to the server, it comes up with "Failed to login: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect".

:o How did you make it look like that?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:11 am »

:o How did you make it look like that?

www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544257-142-glsl-shaders-mod-modified-by-karyonix/

Skip to where it says "Installation for use with SEUS v10 rc5 on Minecraft 1.4.2"

Note that the shader installation expects your minecraft.jar to be in the usual location, so copy it there temporarily, then copy it back to the MultiMC directory.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1257 on: November 17, 2012, 10:42:10 am »

Well I set it all up and it launches fine, all the information on the bottom left is good.

But I can't get past the "logging in..." screen when connecting to the server, it comes up with "Failed to login: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect".
Odd... can you try it again? I've just reset the server after fixing a small config issue.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1258 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:26 am »

So I just posted my first video in the mods thread, heres a quote of what I posted:
   Figured I would post this here. Its the first video I did on Forsaken's new modded server. No one else is on at that point as I basically started playing the night it go put up a couple days ago. The next 3 or so videos will also be me alone as they are from the same session but after that I have a couple people join me on the server.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1259 on: November 17, 2012, 12:52:07 pm »

Odd... can you try it again? I've just reset the server after fixing a small config issue.
Looking into this more, it looks like the minecraft.net authentication servers are going down sometimes. I even had trouble loading a singleplayer world
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 220