Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 287922 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« Reply #1065 on: October 06, 2012, 10:45:32 am »

Yeah, we dont have too much good coders willing to work on a thing like this here. Where did magmamcfry go?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1066 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:53 am »

I did make contact with my previously-interested coder but he's going through some personal stuff right now and unavailable.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:18 pm »

Be fun if we could do some hardcore modding.  Like, add a happiness meter that goes above your armor bar (because that seems fitting) and then add tables and chairs and be able to use them.  If you fail to keep up with your happiness, then you black out for a bit and wake up to find furniture destroyed and your health a little lower.

You are become the dwarf!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1068 on: October 06, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »

Be fun if we could do some hardcore modding.  Like, add a happiness meter that goes above your armor bar (because that seems fitting) and then add tables and chairs and be able to use them.  If you fail to keep up with your happiness, then you black out for a bit and wake up to find furniture destroyed and your health a little lower.

You are become the dwarf!

The socks! you are missing the socks!

But yes, a DF-minecraft mod would be awesome. Maybe we could add screw pumps, better than wolves-esque axles and wind/water wheels, pump magma and whatnot. Also goblins. Many goblins.
I'd be willing to do the art on that.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:42:21 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 06, 2012, 04:52:09 pm »

Hell, just adding sieges would give a lot.  Minecraft has no real -threat- to it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 06, 2012, 05:00:58 pm »

So I logged on with a HC chracater.. and noone there were noone there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1071 on: October 06, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »

So I logged on with a HC chracater.. and noone there were noone there.
Yeah not a lot of people have been on the terraria server lately.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1072 on: October 06, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »

Add breachable rock doors, reskin zombehs and skellies to goblins... Profit. Ogres could be reskinned iron golems.

Someone should make a design document for this
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1073 on: October 06, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

Get some programmers, then make a design document :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1074 on: October 06, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

Working on step 1. Know any? :)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1075 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »

Those steps are the wrong way around. Make a design document, otherwise you won't get any programmers. This discussion here has a lot of programmers talking about what they'd need to see from a proposed project to want to be a part of it: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/631738-so-youre-a-programmer/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 06, 2012, 06:10:45 pm »

There is a door missing at spawn.
Just thought you guys should know.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1077 on: October 06, 2012, 06:12:47 pm »

Those steps are the wrong way around. Make a design document, otherwise you won't get any programmers. This discussion here has a lot of programmers talking about what they'd need to see from a proposed project to want to be a part of it: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/631738-so-youre-a-programmer/
While that is neat, I'm talking about a minecraft mod here, not trying to get someone to make a game for me.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1078 on: October 06, 2012, 06:15:54 pm »

While that is neat, I'm talking about a minecraft mod here, not trying to get someone to make a game for me.

Which is of course, just a small matter of programming :) A project is a project. If you're looking for a programmer to work on a project with you, you're looking for a programmer to work on a project with you. So you have to be respectful of their skills, and you have to advertise your skills and the project correctly otherwise you won't attract the kind of people you are wanting to attract and the result won't be of the quality you want the quality to be (if it manifests at all).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1079 on: October 06, 2012, 06:26:00 pm »

Which is of course, just a small matter of programming :) A project is a project. If you're looking for a programmer to work on a project with you, you're looking for a programmer to work on a project with you. So you have to be respectful of their skills, and you have to advertise your skills and the project correctly otherwise you won't attract the kind of people you are wanting to attract and the result won't be of the quality you want the quality to be (if it manifests at all).
I didn't mean to trivialize the skills of programmers, I have the highest respect for them in fact. And you're correct, I should probably flesh out the project more.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 220