Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288192 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #900 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:17 am »

Knowing that, I'll probably just disable UU matter entirely then. I don't think iridium plates are used for anything other than quantum armor anyway, and invulnerability is not something I want on a server like this. I may allow UU matter to be purchased if people want it for other things because I understand its handy to have to plug small resource holes when building though.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #901 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:57 am »

Totally disabling Quantum is probably for the best, unfortunately.
There's just no legitimate way to drain Quantum enough to kill a person in any amount of time. And two players in Quantum would just stand hitting each other for hours.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 11, 2012, 11:01:08 am »

If you could have a handheld trade-o-mat that trades UU for common items, that'd be nice.  So a player could come out with a stack of bricks and a handful of UU, and make a nice brick building with windows.  If trading is trickier than that, then making removing recipes would be the preferred option.

I'm not sure if UU should make coal or not.  It's useful, but it theoretically allows diamond crafting, although the energy cost is IMMENSE so it may balance itself out.  It's cheaper to make TNT and blast your way down to the diamonds.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

Both of which would be OP in a PVP server.  Especially if you can jump over walls!  That's what jetpacks are for.  To leave you defenseless without a chestplate and easy to shoot down.  Like skeet.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2012, 11:08:11 am »

I really want to see Trains and Zeppelins mod + Mo Creatures.

I can just imagine you're chugging along between towns in the lawless zone, and suddenly a bunch of banditos on horses ride up, knock the train off the rails and kill you.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #905 on: September 11, 2012, 11:09:54 am »

Both of which would be OP in a PVP server.  Especially if you can jump over walls!  That's what jetpacks are for.  To leave you defenseless without a chestplate and easy to shoot down.  Like skeet.
Oh oh I know! Allow only the fuel-based jetback!

/trollface

I really want to see Trains and Zeppelins mod + Mo Creatures.

I can just imagine you're chugging along between towns in the lawless zone, and suddenly a bunch of banditos on horses ride up, knock the train off the rails and kill you.
If/when they update and are bukkit compat I fully intend to add things like this.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:32 am »

The banditos are wearing nano!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 11, 2012, 11:24:43 am »

Just get rid of the quantum chestpiece; then we can still get all the benefits of it w/o the invulnerability bit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:32 am »

I think quantum head is OP too, no hunger OR breathing?  And the boots, massive running speed and make jetpacks obsolete?  Quantum is an OP item no matter how you look at it, as if someone just sat down and said "Man, I wanna do EVERYTHING all the time without challenge."  Invulnerable, never hungry, never drown, outrun arrows, and jump to the clouds?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 11, 2012, 11:42:03 am »

Yeah, having quantum boots means that if the other guy doesn't, you're as good as invulnerable.

Having the helmet means you can just hide deep underwater away from the guy who doesn't have one.

Quantum leggings mean you can just infinitely leap away from the guy who doesn't have them.

At least with Nano, a small group of people armed in iron would have a chance of killing you.
My cabbages!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #910 on: September 11, 2012, 11:49:15 am »

This is all academic anyway until IC2 updates to 1.3.2 and a bukkit port appears. For now it will be 90% vanilla as far as items are concerned.

The upside is that everything I've done so far is server-side only and no client mods are required. That will obviously change as more mods convert over, but I'm tired of waiting on them and no more 1.2.5 versions seem to be coming out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

So, what mods will be in the new map and server?
Mystcraft or not? Because i really like having a mining age so we dont have to scar the landshape and for an ocean age because skycity MUST GO ON.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #912 on: September 11, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

So, what mods will be in the new map and server?
Mystcraft or not? Because i really like having a mining age so we dont have to scar the landshape and for an ocean age because skycity MUST GO ON.
I will have a mining age but not through Mystcraft. Too imprecise, too little control. I went with Multiverse as a world handler and am still learning that. In all aspects that matter to the players, nothing will have changed. You'll have portals which lead to worlds which you can do things in. The upside is I can do fun things with worlds in multiverse, like have worlds where you can mine and worlds which are creative mode and worlds with skyblock survival islands created for each player and dungeon worlds where you can't break blocks and creepers don't make holes when they boom.

Beyond that, I will be adding any mods from the old server which have updated bukkit versions as those versions become available and possibly others which seem fun.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 11, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »

So is the new server basically gonna be like Terra Novos?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #914 on: September 11, 2012, 12:40:17 pm »

So is the new server basically gonna be like Terra Novos?
I don't know? I never played on Terra Novos. Did they do these things that I have listed?

Is Terra Novos good?

Basically I am moving to a bukkit backend so that I can do some of the more interesting things I wanted to do, and because I'm sick of waiting for mods to update for 1.3.2

Eventually we will have the same mods on the new server, once they are released so if Terra Novos had an item-based economy, several PVE/PVP worlds, organized Town Vs Town raiding, land claiming and all of those mods then yes I guess it will be similar?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 220