Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288459 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2012, 01:31:52 pm »

Welp I have bad news, especially for Fivex. Something caused two chunks in the middle of the contest area to revert to seed. Peewee's machine is okay but Fivex's processor got cut in half. I don't know what caused this, but I suspect it was the mystcraft portals. I've read about mystcraft portals + buildcraft causing a chunk error like this which forces minecraft to regenerate the chunk from seed.
No, no my machine is not ok.
I used >all< of the available space underground, the walls don't extend past the ground floor, so that tiny corner took out some MFSUs, some glass fiber cable, 4 item detectors, 4 regulators, a bunch of CF (easily replaced), and some magtubes. Most importantly, it may mean I need to redo some of the wiring, which could take hours to make sure I did it right.

The chunk that took out part of my machine didn't have any buildcraft stuff or mystcraft stuff in it. Gee, what changed in those chunks since before that glitch? How about the contest 'rewards' of black hole chests? Please revert to a save before ~3:30 AM this morning. Or if you'd like, MCedit or some such program could easily take the relevant chunks from a backup save and place them in the current world.
I will take a look when I can to see if I can reverse it. I tried several things already, including MCedit. The last copy of the server was during the reset this morning.

I'll test some more and see if I can get the data back but I don't have hourly backups, or even daily. This isn't a professional server, this is a free thing on hardware I already own which is provided for free. I already put way too much time into it because I like doing it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:05:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2012, 02:52:17 pm »

Everyone:

I had to do a server rollback due to the mod item glitch. If you're missing something please let me know and I will be happy to replace it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2012, 03:02:07 pm »

well, I'm missing my house I spent hours on (for some reason, I don't think replacing it will be easy)
Can you tell me what the coordinates were?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2012, 03:10:14 pm »

the centre was about about +1133, 66, -327
Thanks. As I said, I am trying to fix it.

I'd suggest nobody do any major work on the server for the next several hours, or until I post otherwise in fact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

Your house should be back Greatorder, please check for me.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2012, 05:44:31 pm »

Everyone:

I had to do a server rollback due to the mod item glitch. If you're missing something please let me know and I will be happy to replace it.

All three buildings up north of town, especially -287,+27 to -316, +14

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #426 on: August 18, 2012, 08:38:29 pm »

Everyone:

Unfortunately town was caught in the rollback. PM me a list of important stuff in the buildings and I can return them but the buildings themselves are gone unless they existed 2 days ago. x.x

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2012, 04:59:16 am »

Finally got what i was doing wrong. I was trying to make MMC put a .zip called mods with the mods that should go in the mods folder in it, instead of the mods in that .zip

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:20 am »

Everyone:

New reactor building to the west of x=-300, z= +20
1=0

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2012, 06:39:09 am »

New reactor building to the west of x=-300, z= +20
I already said that, just ask for the materials.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2012, 06:43:54 am »

Is the pack compatible with optifine? I have a great computer, but it cant handle this pack without optifine.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2012, 06:47:56 am »

Everyone:

Unfortunately town was caught in the rollback. PM me a list of important stuff in the buildings and I can return them but the buildings themselves are gone unless they existed 2 days ago. x.x
The buildings aren't in town, they're about 100 blocks away, did all that stuff get lost?
1=0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2012, 07:41:29 am »

Is the pack compatible with optifine? I have a great computer, but it cant handle this pack without optifine.
Should work with optifine, just drop it in last after the other .jar mods.

Everyone:

The buildings aren't in town, they're about 100 blocks away, did all that stuff get lost?
I had to roll two region files back by 2 days. Mostly they covered the town, but things near the town would have been affected too. Sorry about that, but it's likely gone. Mod blocks caused some unrecoverable errors which caused minecraft to drop a few chunks and revert them to seed losing two weeks or more of work from several people. If you send me an approximate list of material you lost I will return it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2012, 12:47:57 am »

Alright, I'm sick of screwing with FORTH bullshit. :)
Anyone who makes the inventory tracking system work correctly gets a free HV panel.

Enjoy your source code with a lack of comments.
Also, enjoy compiling ~350 lines the first time.
I recommend using a script to make ctrl+v work in minecraft, one line at a time.
Spoiler: FORTH Code (click to show/hide)
legal disclaimer: I, the sole contributor to the above FORTH code, release it under LGPL (Short version: It's open source, distribute and use it as you wish, modifications must remain open source and use the same license. Stuff that uses the program but does not modify it doesn't have to stay open source, but you have to say you used it). Alfie275 gave me the AHK script, and I claim no credit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:09:46 am by Peewee »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2012, 01:39:36 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know, I've flattened a new 3x3 lot area west of Town. Mostly used a Filler to clear it.

Each house fits exactly in a chunk, minus 2 blocks on each side for the streets (so streets are 4 wide).

I've "zoned" 8 houses, the center lot is supposed to be a Plaza or something. I'm claiming the northern middle lot for myself. There are some caves underground so it's up to each one to clear it or whatever if they want to be able to use beds without annoying messages.

Also, I ran out of torches, I've lighted what I could but please be careful with mob spawns, specially creepers.

Have a nice day :)

EDIT: Also, I've just vacated the South East house so whoever moves in first gets a FREE PREBUILT HOUSE.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:47:08 am by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 220