Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288466 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2012, 11:17:48 am »

ok.

I have plans for a big arena.

very big.
I think multiple players working on it may help. Especially with redstone/redalloy wires, since I'm not great at redstone.
Put together a good plan and I'm sure you'll get some help. We have to know how to help though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 21, 2012, 11:20:25 am »

If you give me the materials, i'll try to decorate it.
I'll download the standard optifine version and see if that works, same for the NEI plugin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2012, 11:31:20 am »

I think you may want to make a new age instead of the mining age.
A void age would look awesome.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

I think you may want to make a new age instead of the mining age.
A void age would look awesome.
I'd be happy to make a void age for you if you want to build an arena there. I'd ask that you not make it yourself as people have gotten stuck in void ages when no floor block generated for them.

(fyi, no floor block is generated in void ages when you use a portal as opposed to transporting there via book.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2012, 11:34:08 am »

Wow, wtf. By using the standard version instead of the smooth version of optifine, my fps has tripled!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2012, 11:47:21 am »

Electric jetpacks.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2012, 11:52:38 am »

Wow, wtf. By using the standard version instead of the smooth version of optifine, my fps has tripled!
Is it also displaying things correctly?

yeah, a void age would be good.

it's need to be linked up to the nexus, obviously.
and some way to fly would be good, so I don't end up falling to my death.
I'll make one when I get home and create a small platform which you can start building from, and I'll put a portal in the Nexus.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »

Once I'm able to get in, I'd LOVE to help make a pvp arena!  I'm becoming fairly good at frame theory, and I think in a void age, the best way to perform large-scale construction would be to have an airship with a flat roof and let the builder(s) stand atop it.

Frames can move pretty massive things.  I think the default limit is like 5,000 blocks?  I don't know if the frame + cover is one block, or if the frame is one and the cover is another.  But I've seen some fairly massive airships in the youtubes.  It basically comes down to how much server drag you're willing to put up with, but a frame moves about every .7 seconds, and I figure if you put it on something like a 5 second timer, it'll be slower but give the server time to handle it all, and not require everyone to stop everything on the server to wait for the frames to move.

I think the void world should be eternal day, as well.  It might pay to get some IC2 solars running and a mass fabricator, because something tells me that once the TNT fighting begins, it would be nice to have a way to generate blocks and armor for arena fights.  That way people wouldn't freak as much about having their gear shredded.  And the massfab can also create prizes for contestants as well.

But what fighting modes shall their be?  There's traditional deathmatch, or could have it where you just drop the prize in the middle and whoever gets out alive gets to keep it.  Teamplay and territory control might be fun, install some structures with different tools and machines in them, to make a real fort vs fort warfare.  Might be fun to use the wireless redstone pvp stuff as well, like jammers and whatnot.  And then of course, there's the capacity to layer the whole interior of the arena in obsidian or IC2 reinforced blocks, and hold airship fights.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »

I would love to help too. I can design it along with some more expirienced mc builders.

This thing is going to be HUEG. I say we make it a huge circle/oval that has a diameter of 256 blocks or something, so we actually can DO the territory control. Gear will simply be put into a tube on enterance and put into a chest when you leave, gear will be given.

If anybody wants, i'm also up for making a smaller arena and minecrafting ctf_2fort.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 21, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »

If I understand FORTH right, then CTF is very possible.  Since there's RedPower installed, we should have gems and gem blocks, which unfortunately cannot be generated by a massfab.  But, you get some ruby covers and decorate the red base, and then put a ruby in their chest.  On the other side, use sapphires for the blue base.  Attach a FORTH computer to each chest, and have it check "if the inventory has a ruby AND a sapphire, declare winner."  So long as no one is cheating and snuck a ruby in their inventory.

And yeah, we're gonna have to go massive here.  Dwarven won't be content for simple fist-bashing, it'll devolve into TNT cannons and airship fights in no time flat.  Plenty of curves and arches will be required.

I just need to be whitelisted, and figure out what mods I'm not using right!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #460 on: August 21, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »

I just need to be whitelisted, and figure out what mods I'm not using right!
The whitelisting should happen ~4pm today when I get home, provided I don't have to work late. As to the mods, if you apply the mod pack in the first post of this thread and then update mystcraft to 0.9.1.02 you should be good.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 21, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »

No, wait about that. A few pages you back you should a pack that has mystcraft updated.

Got it:
Try this: http://bit.ly/ForsakenPack81812

Remember it goes over a vanilla install of 1.2.5, not 1.3.1

I was going to say something about ruby and sapphire not bding optimal, but actually its the best red and blue thing we have.
Can in no way be aquired in the arena. Lapis cant too, and can be UU'd. But for red...

Also, i say we simply use wool instead of ruby and sapphire blocks. IMHO it looks nicer.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:15:03 pm by miauw62 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 21, 2012, 01:15:15 pm »

http://bit.ly/ForsakenPack81812 - this is the current client version?  If I dump that in my .minecraft files it'll let me connect?

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j2jhk1vmjrjno6m/B12_Client_Pack_7-27-12.zip?dl=1 is in the OP, but July 27th is older than August 18th, so I assume the OP is outdated?  Can OP get updated then? :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2012, 01:17:18 pm »

Yeah, it contains 2 folders: JAR and .minecraft .minecraft goes into your .minecraft folder, JAR goes in your jar file. Recommended:

Optifine for better peformance.
NEI forestry plugin for forestry recipes.
Both go in the jar and optifine ALWAYS goes last. (i thank its dev for making it that simple)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 21, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

Then... don't use quantum?  I'm not familiar with this bug, but it sounds like it's easy to avoid.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 220