-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25669 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:10 am »

Right now she seems to afraid of us to be too friendly, but, ask her first what she eats. maybe we can make whats left of the dead grouge into a companion for Gurdy. That way she always has a translater with her and it proves our trust in her.
I honestly don't think that a zombified companion would be the best 'peace offering' (so to speak) - if anything it will probably only make her more freaked out.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »

/signed
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2012, 12:27:57 pm »

this is the best thing i have ever read i love the story and your images really make reading it very immersive ! so i have decided to join in.

first thing we need to gain the trust of the gurdy, maybe have her paired with shelby so that they work as a team and then have edgar work with you seeing as though he has magic.

also ask olof about more necromantic runes, and extend the underground safe place, if we extend it we can then corrupt the ground underground and not have to fear we are shouting there's a necromancer here so there we can start growing imps, and if we extend we can put up more runes and make more rooms and extend for a underground fortress!

( also please carry on with the necromancer one, i mean the wind mage is ok i guess but im here for Mayard! )
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:31:59 pm by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 07:25:30 pm »

*Reads  the above text.* My god, he us right! Plus one for him!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »

Extensive earth-works may exhibit surface evidence, such as mounds of soil, auditory clues, the way the neighbours garden is slowly sinking, the fact that your house is now in a three-storey deep pit, or even the clouds of dust that emanate whenever your door opens... This is one of those things where we should consider a long-term strategy. Do we want to be the town eccentric, who nobody believes to be genuinely dangerous, the village necromancer, operating with approval, however tenuous, from the relevant authorities, the village mystic who works on a "don't ask, don't tell" principal who the village hides, a traveller who never stays long enough to get caught, a hermit in a tower who 'makes' lots of friends, or something else? If we don't plan to stay in the village then risking life, limb, and reputation by doing a lot of excavation within the village grounds may do more harm than good...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2012, 04:33:31 am »

it does not maybe need to be that big ? maybe a couple more rooms, and what if we try experimenting with trying to do stuff with Earth, its sort of living so maybe we can force our will on it and shape out some more rooms ? if not shelby and edgar can start breaking the rock if we give them skeletal muscles.

start experimenting necromancy with the earth

start building another room underground to act as a imp spawning pit

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2012, 03:01:27 am »

Sorry I should probably have posted a while back, better late then never I suppose. This isn't dead I just got a tiny bit busy and then I started thinking about what should happen next. Since I takes me a while to make up my mind (combined with the release of torchlight 2) I've more or less only made up my mind now. I've pretty much got it figured out now with a few minor things that I still need to make a decision on. The next update will be a bigish one with some events that will more or less be an 'End of Act One' type deal.

I'm not sure what to do with the whole Alara part of what is going on. Being a freelance adventurer with nothing to lose is fine. It's just how she can't really deal with any threat. No weapons and weak wind magic can't fight very well. This makes her part of the adventure feel weird since on one hand there is Mayard, who has minions, some powerful artifacts, actual plot line and a mysterious mentor. Then there is Alara who can make a breeze and walks around in rags. In hindsight I shouldn't have started her on the bottom since it means a lot of updates have to be devoted to things like killing rats and making deliveries. So I might do something to give her a boost.

I'll try and have the update done soon. Once again sorry for not posting anything for over two weeks

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2012, 07:40:39 am »

Woop ! I can't wait

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

Or just have a rat-killing montage...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2012, 07:26:57 pm »

MUST REVIVE AWESOME THREAD,gotta stop hiding lincoln

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:06 am »

Turn 7: It's back(again)

You decide you need to try and make Gurdy more comfortable. If you want her cooperation it would be better if she gave it willingly. You also want to have a snack. You resolve to eat some berries with Gurdy and do both.
Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You sit down next to Gurdy with your berries. She gets a bit tense but otherwise continues carving something into the stick you gave her.

Mayard: "Edgar, translate for me and Gurdy please."
Edgar: "Okay master, I'll do that."

Mayard: "So, how is life treating you Gurdy?"
Gurdy: "Bad."
Mayard: "Oh. Why?"
Gurdy: "I've been captured by a necromancer on the mission that would prove my worth and allow me to claim my family's land."
Mayard: "Oh, I'm sorry about that."

Things just got a bit weird. At least you didn't get to many berries so you have a legitimate excuse to leave.
it occurs to you that Shelby is still damaged so you'll need some bone meal to fix her. Luckily you have a big pile of bones (and flesh, organs and skin) right over there.

Panel 2:
You tell Edgar to take Gurdy upstairs while you butcher the body of her friend. it's not something she should have to see. You don't need all the bones so you guess you'll just take the feet. If what Olof has taught you is true you'll be able to grab any old feet to replace them. So you could head down to the butchery and grab some snown hooves. You grab the fancy knife and start doing the deed.

Panel 3:
It is done. You removed the feet, skinned them, and then removed the flesh. You now have two grouge feet, two piles of grouge skin and some grouge meat. You guess you could eat the meat. But that would be in bad taste. No pun intended. You wonder what you are going to do with the body. Gurdy might not like the sight of it missing it's feet. In any case you're going to have for the bones to dry out before you can turn them into bone meal. In the mean time you guess you can-

Panel 4:
Olof appears.

Olof: "I'm back from snooping around the town. It took me a while to find Davis but now i'm sure there has to be some connection to the Davis I knew all those years ago. He's much to young to be the original but he could be the son. Or maybe he's found a way to reverse aging. Or maybe the Davis out there is some sort of magical duplicate. It could be any, but it's most likely just the son."
Mayard: "So, you knew his father?"
Olof: "More or less. I was his prisoner but we made a few deals and such. We helped each other out and then became friends. I think. He may have not forgiven me for metaphorically stabbing him in the back."
Mayard: "You what?"
Olof: "It's a long story, and a fuzzy one at that, this was a long time ago. As I recall it, in essence, he wanted to destroy an artifact he deemed evil but I wanted to use it for my own 'selfish' purposes."

You don't think you'll be able to get any more information about that out of him without risking ruffling his feathers so you decide to just move on. It can wait anyway, you've got questions to ask.

Mayard: "Alright, so how does you having a connection to your old pal change things? Can we get some favors? It'd be nice to have some room within' the law."
Olof: "I'm not sure. Assuming this Davis is the son of the one I knew it would depend on what his father told him about me, and if he can even recognize me. It would also depend greatly on how much he trusts the undead."
Mayard: "Okay. Well I've got some less pressing questions I want answered if you don't mind."
Olof: "I don't see the harm."
Mayard: "Where do those glowing runes come from? Is it some sort of necromancer trick? Being able to make light like that could come in handy."
Olof: "Um. Oh! Those, yes, those runes. Sorry to say it's not a necromancer trick per say. More of a spirit trick. You see I stuck a golem behind the wall over there behind the shelf. I told it to make light in this room when people wanted it."
Mayard: "So this golem has just been sitting behind that wall for how long?"
Olof: "At least a decade. It shouldn't mind, I gave it patience."
Mayard:"Would it have tried to escape when you were dead? Can you even control spirits in that form?"
Olof: "Actually no I can't control spirits in this form, it's currently as free willed as you or I. As for escaping I made the golem to weak to move around on it's own, let alone break out of a rock prison."
Mayard: "Alright. Now that we have all the ingredients we need for you to possess someone, shouldn't we decide who? At least a general idea of the type of body you want. I don't even know what gender you want to be."
Olof: "Huh, gender. I suppose I could be a woman if I wanted. That's a strange idea. On one hand i'd be able to see through the eyes of the other gender, on the other I would quite literally be a man trapped in a woman's body."
Mayard: "So, no answer?"
Olof: "Once we get the possession spike enchanted I'll just wait for a body to stand out. A body that is interesting, that's what I want."

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry I dropped off the map for two months so I hope this picture of some sort of big tree makes up for it:
Spoiler:  Bonus Art? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:24:54 am by Evil Lincoln »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:12 pm »

Is it an undead tree, or at least a windy one?
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »

Nice, Lincoln is out of hiding,

Walk around town, do menial chores for cash,appear normal(farm land?)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »

Yay! This is back! ^_^

Oh, idea/suggestion: if we have him posses the infant of some nobility in secret, not only does he get maximally much extra time, but also an entirely fresh start without suspicion and some extra inheritance.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:16:47 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2012, 07:20:20 pm »

I wonder what is stopping him from possessing us, we have a magic attuned body, which is also attuned to necromancy, and he gets his house back,all within the body of a young man
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12