-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25680 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Quest! (I swear I will get a better title)
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »

Name: Alara Zephyr
Favorite Colour: Gilded Silver
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Risk-taker, Analytical, Open-minded, Intrapersonal, Passionate
Element: For the Poll! {Preferring Wind :3}
Channeling item class: Finger-less Gloves!
+1 to this

And we should pick an element that we can use in not only battle but in other more useful ways too. Stone or life could make shelter out of rock or plants, fire can melt and shape metal and glass, water can carve rock and keep us hydrated in deserts when we draw it from underground as well as making sea traveling easier, wind could make us extremely useful for sailing boats and mills, etc.

I personally am going for stone, since that seems useful and a bit of a new choice from people who like to take stuff like fire or light and such. IT'S TIME TO ROCK!!
I would plus one this, but i am more for writing than for gloves in spicific. Yes, it calls for a bit of preplanning, but, we can make spells for any situation as long as we have a medium and writing material. Actually, i think it should be written words, than just righting utincles, so we can write in dirt and have what we need to work with.
On that note, i am also for the plant element because, there is nearly no situation where it will not help.
+1 for writing over gloves.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

Fingerless gloves feels a bit to specific (I can see you buying regular gloves and chopping off fingers just to use them) so as far as I am concerned gauntlets, gloves, fingerless gloves are all really the same thing. I also had a thought and I think if you picked gloves then magic punches would also be a way to use them.

Unless I counted wrong we've got 4 for gloves and 4 for writing implements(Not going to allow words in general since that is just a tad to handy). So right now it's a stalemate between writing and gloves.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »

Since air seems to be winning, lets channel using a cape! We shall activate it by running!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:01:51 am »

Woah, those +1's. Thanks you all! :D

Well, what I was thinking about when I picked gloves: Easier to acquire in time, handy to modify and also enables tracing on a material (writing by finger movements  :P) and the cliche'd  palm movements.

Somehow, martial arts was one of the primary reasons I chose gloves, and of watching the animated series of The Last Airbender. Also, as it seems Air is winning, how's about glyph tracing in the air?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09:48 am »

Woah, those +1's. Thanks you all! :D

Well, what I was thinking about when I picked gloves: Easier to acquire in time, handy to modify and also enables tracing on a material (writing by finger movements  :P) and the cliche'd  palm movements.

Somehow, martial arts was one of the primary reasons I chose gloves, and of watching the animated series of The Last Airbender. Also, as it seems Air is winning, how's about glyph tracing in the air?

Sounds good. +42
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 05:01:45 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 07:17:05 am »

I'm voting for writing implements. I just like the idea of inscribing runes on things to cast magic more than the idea of punching things to do so.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 07:22:02 am »

I'm voting for writing implements. I just like the idea of inscribing runes on things to cast magic more than the idea of punching things to do so.
Yeah I'll go with this. Magic Punches sound as silly as fingerless gloves.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:52 am »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:20 am »

And then we start imbuing weaponry and armor with Aerial wards and protection glyphs that would cause any attack to miss, and inscribe our boots with glyphs of speed to easily evade Ol'Mayard's stuff.

Hmm...the potential of it all.  :P

Fingerless gloves aren't silly. :I

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »

Yeah I'll go with this. Magic Punches sound as awesome as fingerless gloves.
FTFY

Did you even read the words you wrote?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

Wind is such a boring "element" though... And why has nobody suggested to use the protagonist's own body as the item? You'd get the best of both worlds. You could things with your feeble human fists, and write runes in your feeble magic blood. It's not too broad to be overpowered since it's only the protagonist's body, and there's nothing in the rules for what you use that says you can't classify the protagonist as a general item.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 08:30:13 pm »

And why has nobody suggested to use the protagonist's own body as the item? You'd get the best of both worlds. You could things with your feeble human fists, and write runes in your feeble magic blood.
Because that would be incredibly overpowered? You would always have it with you and it can't be taken away from you.

Did you even read the words you wrote?

Yes. I just think it fits the Swords and Sorcery theme better than magic kung-fu would. I don't really have anything against it in particular, I'm a big fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but it really doesn't fit my personal mental image of a Mage.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 09:04:09 pm »

C'mon, making magic by causing our cape to billow, it would leave chaos, quite literally, in our wake!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 04:30:42 am »

Name: Alara Zephyr
Favorite Colour: Gilded Silver
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Risk-taker, Analytical, Open-minded, Intrapersonal, Passionate
Element: For the Poll! {Preferring Wind :3}
Channeling item class: Finger-less Gloves!
+1 to this

And we should pick an element that we can use in not only battle but in other more useful ways too. Stone or life could make shelter out of rock or plants, fire can melt and shape metal and glass, water can carve rock and keep us hydrated in deserts when we draw it from underground as well as making sea traveling easier, wind could make us extremely useful for sailing boats and mills, etc.

I personally am going for stone, since that seems useful and a bit of a new choice from people who like to take stuff like fire or light and such. IT'S TIME TO ROCK!!
I would plus one this, but i am more for writing than for gloves in spicific. Yes, it calls for a bit of preplanning, but, we can make spells for any situation as long as we have a medium and writing material. Actually, i think it should be written words, than just righting utincles, so we can write in dirt and have what we need to work with.
On that note, i am also for the plant element because, there is nearly no situation where it will not help.
+1 for writing over gloves.
I'm all for this stuff, cos you know the character sounds awesome. I actually voted fire cos I reckon it is one of the more practical, but that isn't really important.

I reckon for the implement, something original WOULD be nice, so maybe something like, I dunno, if air ends up being voted then the cape idea was pretty cool, or something like musical instruments, to PLAY the magic. That, I reckon, is another good one.
But, if all else fails and it is writing-vs-gloves, I would go writing.

tl;dr- Music to play magic, or if not then writing implements +1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12