Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 65020 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »

soo many stuff left to guessing..

did I get more training per turn the more barracks I have? it doesn't seem so, so I don't get the point of having it in more than one province.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2013, 12:55:49 pm »

You get several types of barracks that produces different types of units. Which is why you build multiple barracks in a province.

For rome, you need to build temple of mars to gain additional recruitment slots. Not sure if other buildings (the training camp, for example) can do that or not, but temple of mars increases recruitment cap by 1 iirc.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2013, 12:56:39 pm »

I don't think so. The point of having barracks in other provinces is to allow recruiting of good units in other provinces. Or recruiting of different units depending on which building tree you follow.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2013, 01:08:33 pm »

Is anyone having any success playing multiplayer Campaigns? I've tried a few with my mate on launch day, but they kept desyncing on about the 4th or 5th turn, and after the patch they desynced during a battle on the second turn. However i'm wondering if its just because of the terrible laptop i'm playing the game on currently, which is getting to the low end of the minimum specifications.
Magma is overrated.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 08, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »

For some odd reasons it seems that it's dependent on the host's specs. I'm at turn 30 something, and we're not having any problems whatsoever.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2013, 02:28:45 pm »

Is anyone having any success playing multiplayer Campaigns? I've tried a few with my mate on launch day, but they kept desyncing on about the 4th or 5th turn, and after the patch they desynced during a battle on the second turn. However i'm wondering if its just because of the terrible laptop i'm playing the game on currently, which is getting to the low end of the minimum specifications.
Worked fine for me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2013, 04:26:42 pm »

The total war team put out a 10 minute video talking about the various ranged weapons in the game: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/383dfm/total-war--rome-ii-projectiles-feature

By the way, has anyone figured out how defensive siege weapons work? I have the upgraded cities with the siege garrisons but they never appear in siege battles.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »

An update. That mod I linked which unlocked some of the playable factions, has now unlocked EVERY MINOR FACTION excluding Rhodes.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618568-Playable-Factions-(Total-23-Added-this-round-9

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »

The total war team put out a 10 minute video talking about the various ranged weapons in the game: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/383dfm/total-war--rome-ii-projectiles-feature

By the way, has anyone figured out how defensive siege weapons work? I have the upgraded cities with the siege garrisons but they never appear in siege battles.

I didn't know there was sonic weaponry in the game. :P

Hm, are they catapults? Those appear on the walls now yes? I haven't actually got defensive siege weapons yet (Suebi campaign at the moment).

Also, uh... don't suppose someone could write up a piece explaining the political system? Elder Chiefs and Other Chiefs, which ones are mine or just how it all works in general. Simple like, the in game article doesn't really help me at all.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:53 pm »

You are the ruling party (in your case the Elder Chiefs). The higher percentage support you have, the more stable and less likely to have guys wounded by the other chiefs. You get percentigae through having Elder Chiefs with High Gravitas, and doing things like winning battles and being awesome. if your percentage drops too low, you may have a civil war, and get booted out of the city and have to retake it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2013, 08:18:23 pm »

You are the ruling party (in your case the Elder Chiefs). The higher percentage support you have, the more stable and less likely to have guys wounded by the other chiefs. You get percentigae through having Elder Chiefs with High Gravitas, and doing things like winning battles and being awesome. if your percentage drops too low, you may have a civil war, and get booted out of the city and have to retake it.

Ah, right right. That makes more sense. Though one thing; I can recruit Other Chiefs as generals. This doesn't make them part of my faction but the increase in gravitas from winning battles would probably end up making them a threat yes?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:11 pm »

Ah, right right. That makes more sense. Though one thing; I can recruit Other Chiefs as generals. This doesn't make them part of my faction but the increase in gravitas from winning battles would probably end up making them a threat yes?

Yes, such are the trials of leadership, you can't ignore the other party. Worst case scenario, charge them single handidly at a large enemy, problem solved.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »

Yes, such are the trials of leadership, you can't ignore the other party. Worst case scenario, charge them single handidly at a large enemy, problem solved.

Then they died in glorious battle against our many enemies, Teiwaz shall judge them. Thanks for all that, it was a bit the game didn't seem to explain much in the tutorial (or it explained it from the perspective of Rome, which I assume functions a bit differently).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »

I don't think civil war happens from too low family power.

I got a civil war even though I was king of the goddamn universe.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:07 pm »

I don't think civil war happens from too low family power.

I got a civil war even though I was king of the goddamn universe.

Well, from what I understand, Rome and Carthage are different, in that if they get too HIGH they ALSO start a civil war.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41