Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64991 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

I'm destroyed by Seleucid DLC.
As in, the free DLC? Makes you sad? Or as in you were resisting but now that they're adding them for free you have to buy it? I'm not sure how you're using destroyed here I guess.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2013, 02:56:09 pm »

The fact that it wasn't even in the game originally shows something to me about the effort put into the main rival of the series -- The Hellenistic-fucking-states. The things that kept Rome from going crazy.. If people had not complained, would they even had bothered?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:01:14 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

The fact that it wasn't even in the game originally shows something to me about the effort put into the main rival of the series -- The Hellenistic fucking states. If I have to pay for a single faction this will be the worst RTW.

Maybe it's more of a without the dlc there like the original RTW where all of the Hellenistic states have all the same units, but after you install that they get their own units and descriptions based on Seleucid history?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

Maybe it's more of a without the dlc there like the original RTW where all of the Hellenistic states have all the same units, but after you install that they get their own units and descriptions based on Seleucid history?

AFAIK Hellenistic states had unique troop selections. Compare Pontus and Seleucid.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »

The fact that it wasn't even in the game originally shows something to me about the effort put into the main rival of the series -- The Hellenistic-fucking-states. The things that kept Rome from going crazy.. If people had not complained, would they even had bothered?

It sounds like they're only doing packs as paid for DLCs. The 3 Greek states is a single DLC package, and the one in October (Nomadic states I believe) also sounds like it'll be several factions. So far the only single faction DLCs (Pontus and Seleucids) are going to be released for free to all players. Pontus on release and Seleucids in October. As for pricing, I don't think they've announced that yet, my guess would be maybe $5 for the Culture packs?

So far what we know:
DLC
Sept 3rd.
Pontus - FREE
Hellenic States pack - PAID

October
Selucids - FREE
Nomadic States - PAID

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:44 pm »

Who cares what the listed price will be.

We all know we'll only pay for the DLC when they're like $1 during a Steam sale anyway.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2013, 03:09:43 pm »

I enjoy how the main successor state is the one they will be doing after the others. Instead of just doing them before they release the game. It's like making HOI without bothering to work on Germany.

Sure, they'll get around to it, but why the hell is it not in the launch? So Pontus/entirety of Successors will be default nations with the same troop palettes for months before they even become playable? How the hell does that even work? Did they only make Roman/Gaul/Carthage factions, and decide those others weren't important enough to flesh out??

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2013, 11:32:17 am »

I enjoy how the main successor state is the one they will be doing after the others. Instead of just doing them before they release the game. It's like making HOI without bothering to work on Germany.

Sure, they'll get around to it, but why the hell is it not in the launch? So Pontus/entirety of Successors will be default nations with the same troop palettes for months before they even become playable? How the hell does that even work? Did they only make Roman/Gaul/Carthage factions, and decide those others weren't important enough to flesh out??

AFAIK they are already done, is in game, you can fight with them, ally them, whatever you want with them, and if you have preordered, you get to play as the factions from day 1. It's just a poor marketing scheme.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2013, 12:33:21 pm »

GMG just sent out the preorder codes and Rome 2 is now preloading on Steam. 9.9GB preload.

Woop!!!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »

I have 5 more day of waits. damn region locks.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2013, 02:19:24 pm »

I have 5 more day of waits. damn region locks.

It's a universal unlock on September 3rd, 00:00 PST. Nothing to do with region lock, we all have to wait. Preload is availibe now, that's all.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2013, 03:14:37 pm »

So apparently the difficulty in Rome 2 will be similar in Rome 1. Normal Campaign difficulty the enemy factions will act as normal, hardest difficulty they will just target you so if your going to play in Hard mode campaign try not to have multiple wars going on, just fight one faction and crush them because they will go Total War on you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:40 am »

Australians get it at 5pm. What a way to get off work.

PTW!

I've never really thought that artillery was effective against infantry in the total war games. With the exception of cannons against mounted units.

Rise Fall of the Samurai fixed that. Artillery is pretty much the king of the battlefield there. (Thank you umi)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:18:23 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2013, 05:07:35 pm »

Do you mean Fall of the Samurai?

Wasn't the only arty in Rise of the Samurai those hilarious, man-pulled fire mangonels?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41