Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673647 times)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemans leaked. Remember to use spoiler tags.
« Reply #5475 on: October 20, 2016, 08:23:32 am »

Rap that will not stop a random pokemon-equipped teenager from knocking them all down and stealing most of their cash. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That reminds me so much of Twitch Plays Pokemon. :D
Spoiler: Gif n°1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gif n°2 (click to show/hide)

The demo's great. Don't forget to get your free items every couple of days!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: October 21, 2016, 11:26:52 am »

Nintendo made a character PV music video for Mimikyu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7g9LbBv8A

I didn't even realize it was trying to mimic a Pikachu, though now that I look at it closely it is isn't it?

I think it's saying it's scared of the sun, made its clothes itself, will curse you if you try to remove it, and can use thunderbolt. Also it wants to be friends.

------

Edit: this is also on its bio page, which is pretty adorable:
The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: October 21, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »

Generations 8 is out.

Kyogre don't take no mortal's sass.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: October 21, 2016, 10:27:20 pm »

Ahh here we go a synopsis of pokemon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtYdnwBXp8M

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: October 22, 2016, 11:34:35 am »

Nintendo made a character PV music video for Mimikyu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi7g9LbBv8A

I didn't even realize it was trying to mimic a Pikachu, though now that I look at it closely it is isn't it?

I think it's saying it's scared of the sun, made its clothes itself, will curse you if you try to remove it, and can use thunderbolt. Also it wants to be friends.

------

Edit: this is also on its bio page, which is pretty adorable:
The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.

I'd box it.  Don't shack up with crazy, dudes
Shoes...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: October 23, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »

Some alright designs in the new batch, but why's that onion wearing hooker boots?
Now that i've heard/read that I can't un-know it, even if thigh-highs don't always mean that, lol.

Anyways: I hear a lot of people saying they're not happy with a bunch of what we know, I feel sorry for them cause I for one liked a lot of what I saw people posting. Strangest thing: Until I can import my Batch of Pokemon from X+OR, I'll likely be running Grass-focus in Sun+Moon. Rowlett won my heart quickly, as did Morelull and of course, Bounsweet's entire evo line is certainly one I wanna add to my collection. Shame that's about the limit of the newly-added gass-types, but whatever their reason for the low roster count, more power to them.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: October 24, 2016, 06:54:06 am »

Strangest thing: Until I can import my Batch of Pokemon from X+OR, I'll likely be running Grass-focus in Sun+Moon.

Pokemon Bank is your friend. Just remember that they'll count as "traded", in that your S/M character is not their original trainer, so they'll gain EXP faster but suffer from disloyalty if they level too fast. They don't count as traded for evolution purposes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: October 24, 2016, 10:41:45 am »

I know I'll be using Pokemon Bank to import but the point I'm getting at is two-fold:
Pokemon Bank will need a data update for SuMo compatibility before it can use this to import them - if Gamefreak doesn't roll out said update day1, I'll have to wait.
Bank also is 5USD a year. And my year is drawing to a close.
As for the traded thing, I do prefer to catch a lot myself, but that's cause I'm picky about the ball used to catch them and what nic-name they have, lol.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: October 24, 2016, 11:09:36 pm »

$5USD a year is a pittance.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: October 25, 2016, 12:03:29 am »

$5USD a year is a pittance.
True but the Bank Software(And transfer software for that matter) on our 3DS systems was released long before Sun/Moon, and thus will need an update. 
Unless they stated otherwise somewhere, and I didn't get that memo, Bank still hasn't been updated and if not I'd expect January earliest, in order to give the new Pokemon time to shine competitively through the official games.
And until said update, Sun/Moon will be a Grass-type play-through for me. Also don't get me wrong, Fire & Fairy are my thing but I love these new grass types(Rowlet's line and Bounsweet's line especially), so it'll be a good wait. And if they really are going to change up on us and give us access to Pokemon Imports early on, the more the merrier!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: October 25, 2016, 03:15:44 am »

I don't see why Pokemon Bank would be updated yet, the game isn't even out.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: October 25, 2016, 05:29:25 am »

Ok I know it sounds silly

But I REALLY don't like it when Pokémon creates clones of special abilities and gives them different names.

Luckily so far it is only legendary types that do this (and not all the time... To my knowledge only about 4 or so do this).

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: October 25, 2016, 07:13:33 am »

Ok I know it sounds silly

But I REALLY don't like it when Pokémon creates clones of special abilities and gives them different names.

Luckily so far it is only legendary types that do this (and not all the time... To my knowledge only about 4 or so do this).

For example? You mean Teravolt / Turboblaze in Gen 5 being identical to Mold Breaker? or what?

Xerneas and Yveltal's abilities operate similarly, but affect Fairy and Dark types respectively, and Zygarde's one inverts that change, weakening both.

Besides that, there aren't any duplicate abilities that I know of, with the exception of the dummied out Cacophany in Gen III, to Soundproof.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: October 25, 2016, 07:21:46 am »

Full Metal Body is identical to Clear Body...

Teravolt/Turboblaze are great examples as well...

Shadowshield which is likely identical to Multiscale.

---

Soul-Heart might not be cloned YET... But I know they will basically make another ability just like it.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 463