Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673560 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: THE LEGENDS RETURN
« Reply #5505 on: October 27, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »

I have a couple of thoughts on the new trailer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: October 27, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »

I love the protagonist's expression when she does that Z-move.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: October 27, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »

You mean that look of horrifying glee as she smashes her fist into her hand?

Yes.... I do too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: October 27, 2016, 05:09:27 pm »

All in all I think the new Z-moves are neat, but those goofy poses most have the trainer do before the attack animation are downright hilarious, which can is a good thing as I like to be showy. Though I see a lot of Zmoves not being used due to some of the trainer poses making people feel embarassed(which is even more true in my case as I'm going to, as usual, customize my Player Chara's looks after mine IRL) and also not suing them because the do consume more of the allotted Battle time.
But out of the ones we've seen so far, Bloom Doom is my favorite, can't wait to unleash it with Fuuko, my Decidueye(Fem).
The only other thing Zmoves related that caught my eye was in the demo: power and etc, as least for Gigavolt Havoc, seem to be based on chosen regular move, so how's that gonna work with a pokemon who only something like Charm or Nasty Plot, or can status moves even trigger them...all of that is puzzling me. Noted, I do know that EvoBoost Zmove is purely Stats boost Zmove, but a-that's Eevee specific, and b- supposedly there's the unique-to-pkmn zmoves and one for each type.
Still, it's gonna be fun figuring it all out.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »

I really like what I see in that trailer. All the final evolutions of the starters look great, though Primarina is probably one that will draw funny looks if somebody sees me using the Pokemon-amie. I like the final type matchups though, all three sub-types(Ghost, Dark, Fairy) have a good vibe with the setting, and for the most part amplify their primary type cycle - though Ghost does not beat Fairy(unless changed in Gen7), Fairy beats Dark, and Dark beats Ghost.

Funny that they used Probopass as the target of Guardian of Alola, its head looks like the kind of button you want to smash.

I have a couple of thoughts on the new trailer.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: October 27, 2016, 05:18:04 pm »

One of the things I'm wondering is how it chooses what move to use.  I don't recall selecting a move after choosing the Z function on the pikachu. 

What if you have a poke like my triples Sceptile? Solar Beam, Grass Pledge, Giga Drain, Worry Seed.  Those are all grass type.  Does it simply choose the strongest move?  Does it select randomly?  Do moves that require special conditions to be useful count?  (Solar beam)  Does the z move get the increased power from things like pledge if my Charizard used Fire pledge on the same turn as I tried to have Sceptile use a z-move?  Would the fire/grass pledge firestorm effect still trigger?

All burning questions in my mind.

I'm getting the owl.  I need a ghost type, but I havent found a ghost type I like the looks of.  The owl fixes that, just like how Zoroark fixed that for me for dark types.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:20:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: October 27, 2016, 05:35:24 pm »

One of the things I'm wondering is how it chooses what move to use.  I don't recall selecting a move after choosing the Z function on the pikachu. 

What if you have a poke like my triples Sceptile? Solar Beam, Grass Pledge, Giga Drain, Worry Seed.  Those are all grass type.  Does it simply choose the strongest move?  Does it select randomly?  Do moves that require special conditions to be useful count?  (Solar beam)  Does the z move get the increased power from things like pledge if my Charizard used Fire pledge on the same turn as I tried to have Sceptile use a z-move?  Would the fire/grass pledge firestorm effect still trigger?

All burning questions in my mind.

I'm getting the owl.  I need a ghost type, but I havent found a ghost type I like the looks of.  The owl fixes that, just like how Zoroark fixed that for me for dark types.
Selection in the demo with a pikachu knowing Nuzzle and electro ball, you tap the Zmove Icon, then Select the applicable move, so I tapped the icon, and Electro ball and Nuzzle both appeared in a menu over the other menus(smart move Nintendo+GameFreak).

As for stuff like Solar Beam and pledges, we'll have to see day1, though if Solar beam just makes it usable, My planned mixed Blaziken just became my main Bloom Doom Boom Machine(it's a for-fun gimmick-Blaziken).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:39:39 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: October 27, 2016, 05:39:02 pm »

I'll probably be getting Rowlett. I'm not sure what a grass/ghost typing will bring to the table (other than more weaknesses, which kinda sucks), but I can't say no to an owl-archer.

Cosmog looks awesome. I will catch a male and name it Lovecraft.

I also dig the guardian pokemon. Though I saw 4 islands and only saw 3 guardians in the video...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: October 27, 2016, 05:43:23 pm »

I'll probably be getting Rowlett. I'm not sure what a grass/ghost typing will bring to the table (other than more weaknesses, which kinda sucks), but I can't say no to an owl-archer.

Cosmog looks awesome. I will catch a male and name it Lovecraft.

I also dig the guardian pokemon. Though I saw 4 islands and only saw 3 guardians in the video...
there's four, All pokemon with Tapu in their name, Tapu Koko Elec/Fairy, and direct cut/paste from Serebii:
Tapu Lele which is Psychic/Fairy with the ability Psychic Surge. Tapu Bulu which is Grass/Fairy with Grassy Surge and Tapu Fini which is Water/Fairy with Misty Surge. Each of these set their respective Terrains. Psychic Terrain prevents Priority Moves being used. They have their unique Z-Move, Guardian of Alola

Edit:In their reveal, around 1:27 timestamp, it shows all the tapu pokemon over thier islands, but with only Koko colored in, and the others as silhouettes before naming them.

As for Decidueye or Incineroar, I'm still going to get Decidueye as my Loyal-Stater, but now I need to get all three, Fairy-collecter in me demands Primarina I like the 3d movement they rigged into Incinceroar and Decidueye is just awesome, though Incineroar and Decidueye are more to my liking and close to a tie now that I've seen El Blaze(Lol) moving in-game.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:53:18 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: October 28, 2016, 06:06:53 am »

The Tapu Z-Moves are fucking ruthless. You see that girl slam her fist down? There is no mercy in her eyes. None. She aims to kill.
Black lives matter.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: October 28, 2016, 10:05:55 am »

The Tapu Z-Moves are fucking ruthless. You see that girl slam her fist down? There is no mercy in her eyes. None. She aims to kill.
According to what I saw on the Official Website,
But yeah, that is a merciless look!
Edit: Added a spoiler tag for safety's sakes, doubt it counts as one, but still...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:12:41 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: November 06, 2016, 01:09:49 pm »

So I picked up Genesect earlier today. Noticed that whichever Drive it's holding becomes a visible part of its model, installed in the back of its cannon. Neat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: GAMES LEAKED, HEAD FOR THE HILLS
« Reply #5517 on: November 08, 2016, 01:01:37 pm »

The full games have somehow gotten leaked guys, so be careful for spoilers while you're out there on the net, and remember to stuff it in tags if you do choose to discuss it here.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: November 08, 2016, 01:05:52 pm »

Yeah, you can get it on the atypical sites if you wanted.

Though I'm not really sure what is there to spoil or leak myself.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:33 pm »

Many folks like to go into the new generations blind in regards to the details of the new Pokemon and the ones that haven't been announced so as to keep a feeling of discovery when encountering something new, and this generation is looking to be a lot more plot heavy than the previous ones so the story has become pretty highly anticipated among some fans. Not to mention surprise fanservice cameos and such that Gamefreak likes to throw in now and then.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 463