Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672970 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4185 on: April 21, 2015, 07:19:54 pm »

Getting Delibird and Farfetch'd in a random battle makes me want to just ragequit right out. I think all pokemon have their uses except for those two worthless piles of junk.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 22, 2015, 08:57:24 am »

Thinking of getting back into this soul-sucking franchise.  I stopped at B2/W2 because I didn't get a 3DS until just recently.

1) I have practically no one to streetpass with, and even trips out to the mall are very hit and miss.  What features in X/Y and R/S are streetpass dependent? 

2) Are there legendary pokemon (primarily in X/Y) no longer available?  I was reluctant to try and get back into the series at an earlier point because I had missed some bullshit events and it took me for-fucking-ever to get an Arceus afterwards.  Now I have a complete set up through B/W, but if I have to endure another "hey, you bought this game and there's content in the cartridge, but because you missed an event you're shit out of luck for ever accessing it" I will lose it. 

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

For the most part, you just find legendaries out in the world, kind of thing. Especially so in ORAS - there's a frankly ludicrous number of legendaries you can get in them, pretty much all of the ones that aren't in X/Y, although trading/having both games is required for a fair number of them.

I don't think there are any features in either of the Gen 6 games that absolutely require streetpassing specifically - rather, they can be utilized with people you passively connect to online, of which there are plenty from around the world.

There's a list of Event pokémon in Gen 6 so far. These are otherwise only obtainable in Gen 6 games by trading them up from prior generations, unfortunately.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: April 22, 2015, 12:35:04 pm »

There's a list of Event pokémon in Gen 6 so far. These are otherwise only obtainable in Gen 6 games by trading them up from prior generations, unfortunately.
So basically Diance is not available right now?  Any word on if there will be another event in the future?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 22, 2015, 12:45:29 pm »

So basically Diance is not available right now?  Any word on if there will be another event in the future?

Not that I know of, though to be fair I didn't know about the events of any of those except Celebi and Darkrai, so...
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: April 22, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

Hoopa should be coming up soon since the movie featuring it is on its way... Or was it out already? I forget.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: April 22, 2015, 12:51:01 pm »

Dunno. It's not very good, from what I've used on Showdown. Too slow to do anything and the typing sucks.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: April 22, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »

Dunno. It's not very good, from what I've used on Showdown. Too slow to do anything and the typing sucks.

Have you used it in Unbound form? It's pretty brutal there.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:35 pm »

Why wouldn't I have used it in unbound form lol... The regular form is even worse.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: April 23, 2015, 08:10:46 pm »

I'm surprised I haven't discovered this thread until now. at last, I am with my people.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:35 pm »

Guys

I have a confession to make

Spoiler: Big confession time (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: April 23, 2015, 08:59:44 pm »

never beat the E4.

I...

Okay, the dex is understandable, but...

Not even the Elite Four? Not even once?
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: April 23, 2015, 09:01:09 pm »

Don't worry just like how there must be pokemon masters in the world, there must be bug trainers that are really proud of their team of six lv 3 caterpie.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: April 23, 2015, 09:04:24 pm »

Not even the Elite Four? Not even once?
Not even once. I keep losing steam partway through the journey, and then a new generation comes along, and :<

The only time I actually got TO the E4 was back in the Gen1 days, and that was by exclusively using Charizard and not bothering to grind up a full team. Since I was a dumb kid, the E4 kicked my ass each time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »

I can't really blame you for it, Sirus. The large part of the fun in Pokemon is finding the new stuff, namely, well... the Pokemon. By the time you start nearing the end, you already have your A-team of fully evolved badasses and you know at that point that there's not much more to do aside from watch numbers go up. Unless you want to go and evolve every single Pokemon you have in your PC, but that's more grind than fun.

I beat the Elite Four twice, once in FireRed and once in Pearl, but that was years back. Now, whenever I try out a new Pokemon game, I often get bored far before I get anywhere close to the end, so... I can relate.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:13:16 pm by Nighthawk »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 463