Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672816 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2685 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:30 pm »

So Serebii says Pokebank is back on Japanese Eshop. Nice. But European and American Releases are still TBD
Crap I really want my pokemon from my black and White2 so I can replay them.

EDIT:
If anyone has a female spritzee/aromatisse with aroma veil they dont want, Please PM so we can discuss a trade - I want to raise an aroma veil Aromatisse.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:31:05 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »

Here's a replay to the maddest guy in the world: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-80336751

fuckfuckityfuck: fuck you
fuckfuckityfuck: you fucking asshole
sdtser grtg: u mad?
fuckfuckityfuck: i hope you die in a pit of fucking despair and break both of your legs on the way down
sdtser grtg: u mad bro
fuckfuckityfuck has 120 seconds left.
fuckfuckityfuck: i hope you suffer and scream out as people laugh at you and refuse to help you
fuckfuckityfuck: youre adopted your parents dont even love you
fuckfuckityfuck has 90 seconds left.
fuckfuckityfuck: fuck off shithead
fuckfuckityfuck: you fucking piece of shit fucker
fuckfuckityfuck: dick in your ass
sdtser grtg: I'm going to make you more mad
sdtser grtg: check this out

fuckfuckityfuck left.

By the way, I'm a bit curious why more people aren't using Exploud. It used to be really shitty, as the best move it had was hyper voice. But now it has STAB Boomburst. STAB BOOMBURST! It was crazy enough when Noivern had it as a regular move.

That's 210 total damage! It's got pretty decent special attack as it is at 91 (6 less than Noivern), and it can attack ghost-types too. Substitute users go bye bye. Add in choice specs and that's some donkeyballs level damage.

No one uses rock pokemon other than Terrakion and Tyranitar, so the only thing it has to really watch out for are fighting types and steel types. Even then, if the fighting type doesn't do enough damage to go through Exploud's sizable bulk, it will still die. If it isn't a STAB fighting move, it won't die either.

-------------

Also, check out my all ghost team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80377323

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's another one, showing how funny weakness policy Aegislash is: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80384133

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 24, 2014, 05:04:30 pm »

Hmm does anyone do doubles or TGC-style battles and have a couple points of advice? I've been looking in to starting up TGC '14 battles on Showdown!, but other than trying to filter through the Smogon forums or just trying random things, I'm not sure where to start.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: January 24, 2014, 05:17:27 pm »

Multi pokemon battles are about pure damage and damage blocks. Nothing else matters. Every single pokemon you send out can and will die instantly if you let it because the enemy can easily use both his pokemon to smash you into the ground. Protect is vital. It's practically the only way to save your pokemon from dying.

This means status moves are almost worthless, especially toxic. Also, moves like leech seed and other stall kind of moves are all meaningless. This includes leftovers. Paralyze and burn are okay but more often than not, the enemy will just cure it with heal bell or some other healing move. If you try to stall someone out in doubles, the enemy is basically just getting free turns to kill the rest of your team. For the same reason, no one ever bothers with entry hazards. As you can see, anything that would stop entry hazards or status is completely worthless. Don't bother with magic guard or magic bounce.

In this, you want to replace leftovers with sitrus berry. You want protect on almost everyone. You also want lots of high damage or teamwide damage moves. If you have two pokemon you like to send out at the same time, give the one that's less likely to be targeted substitute. For example:

If you like to send out Blissey and Noivern at the same time, I guarantee the enemy will always try to kill Noivern first. So if Blissey sits behind a substitute, they will almost never try to kill her. This way she can spam out her healing waves nonstop.

As usual, priority moves are still incredible in this. Other moves to watch out for are rock slide, heat wave, surf, poison wave, and earthquake.

Lastly, figure out good combos. For example, sending out an earthquake user along with a flying pokemon is very wise. This way your earthquake won't kill your own team. Or you could send out a water pokemon and a pokemon with lightning rod. Stuff like that. Pokemon that are immune or love certain moves are very good. Flash fire, sap sipper, volt absorb, etc. Weather pokemon can work to your advantage if you have a good combo (e.g: Sandslash and Tyranitar). Pokemon with intimidate also do extremely well, as do anyone else that can affect whole teams at the same time.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »

Just to add umiman's already great suggestions, I've noticed Greninja with Mat Block synergises well with a setup sweeper.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

Yes so many times I have been destroyed by a greninja with mat block.  Unlike other protect moves though mat block don't protect against stuff that aren't direct attacks, like roar, taunt, thunder wave and the like, so it doesn't completely stop offense like the other protects do.

Also triples are like double battles plus, except with a little more use for walls.  Pokes on one side of the fight can't hit pokes on the opposite side in most cases (some moves like dragon pulse and some flying moves are long range and can, but the majority of the competitive level moves can't), so a wall in the middle can often work out.  Yes even the biggest wall is gunna die from an assault from 3 pokes at once, but they have to choose between doing that and giving your sweepers on the sides a free turn or ignoring the wall which can wreak some havoc with status or Coup de grāce weakened pokes with an unboosted STAB.
I often open with a Charizard-Milotic-Zoroark combo in triples, and there were quite a few times where the milotic won me the match by throwing a nice ice beam double tap at stuff I wasn't sure I would be able to one shot and throwing toxic around between recovers.

A lot of folks talk it down as mindless, but I feel there is a lot of strategy hidden deep down in that mode.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: January 27, 2014, 01:10:41 pm »

Smeargle, Garchomp with life orb, Greninja

Turn 1:
Greninja uses mat block
Smeargle uses safeguard
Garchomp uses swords dance

Turn 2:
Smeargle uses mat block
Greninja does whatever
Garchomp uses swords dance

Turns 3:
lololololololololololollololol

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 27, 2014, 02:16:17 pm »

Smeargle is taunted on sight, It never attacks straight out, it's stats are too low. A garchomp in mid is also just asking to be focused down and is dead the moment a mat block doesn't go off, if it's not just roar'd out.  Though with that up front team Smeargle would probably be taunted, and the frog roared out, depending on what capability is in what slot, maybe not everyone would do that to the frog, but those things always make me paranoid.  Garchomp is dead next turn if it isn't already from taunt hitting the blocker, Smeargle (or the frog) is taunted and can't mat block for at least 2 turns.

You have to predict what yer opponents are doing in triples as well as singles.  Not to say it's not a good strategy, but it can be beaten, just like anything.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:23:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: January 27, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »

How about this one:

Greninja, Espeon, Absol with Absolite, Garchomp, Clefable

Turn 1:
Greninja uses mat block
Mega Absol uses swords dance
Espeon uses calm mind

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 27, 2014, 03:23:01 pm »

What about Follow Me or Rage Powder? Give the user a mental herb and you can basically guarantee Garchomp gets hit a maximum of once before it's at triple attack.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 27, 2014, 03:55:40 pm »

If it was me I would taunt the greninja if my taunter was in range, and unload with the rest to try to minimize damage. I actually haven't fought people using absol too often, so I would not know what to expect from him and would probably see the espeon as the biggest threat.   If my taunter was not in range of the greninja I would probably just try to kill the espeon with her instead since she's a Zoroark with dark stab.  Next turn I would probably wet myself a little and taunt the absol, since I don't know how squishy they are and would assume that if it's in mid it's bulky.  At that point the damage would be done.

I would think that if I was a prediction god I would allow the greninja to mat block, and taunt the espeon, while doing something to disable the absol, wil o wisp, or roar or something would probably do the trick, then go offensive the next turn when mat block can't be used.

Follow Me and Rage powder supposedly do wonders in triples, but I haven't fought anybody using them yet to see for myself.  They both can only change the targets of moves that can reach them though.  So if yer follow me-ing on one side of the battle it won't change the target of the enemy on the other side unless they are using a long range move.  That would probably keep garchomp alive for an extra turn or two though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 27, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »

I would think that if I was a prediction god I would allow the greninja to mat block, and taunt the espeon, while doing something to disable the absol, wil o wisp, or roar or something would probably do the trick, then go offensive the next turn when mat block can't be used.

Espeon is almost always run with Magic Bounce.  Your taunter has now taunted itself. :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 27, 2014, 04:07:15 pm »

Haha see that's why I'm not a prediction god. Wouldn't be the first time I got messed up by magic bounce either.  Frikking Xatu.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 27, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

So what you're telling me is if I did something like this, you'd shit your pants cause you have no clue what any of them are going to do:

Seaking, Garbordor, Gyarados

------------

Mega Absol is a baton passer by the way. You can't taunt it as it has magic bounce. All the status and roar don't work either. It could also kill you, but I personally prefer baton passing because I think Mega Absol looks stupid.

When you fight Mega Absol, it will have the following skills:
1. Swords dance
2. Sucker punch (watch for this, super important)
3. Baton pass

You can't taunt Espeon either if you were curious. It also has magic bounce.

Espeons will almost always have:
1. Calm mind
2. Wish / Reflect / Light Screen
3. Baton pass
4. Toxic / psyshock / psychic

Damn son, you're failing your Pokemon test here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

Hmmm, may I try?  Mat Block does not get increased priority, so any Prankster can out-speed it.  You can also use a faster taunter on Greninja to clear a path for your other two around Mat Block; I typically use Crobat leads because I love Crobat, but Noivern has the same speed, and Weavile also outspeeds.  Any Mold Breaker stops Magic Bounce cold.  Finally, you've been given a turn to set up with your own Pokemon, as long as you can use that set-up to deal with them next turn. 

Also, your proposed set - Seaking is usually a physical attacker; Garbordor is a defensive wall and Toxic Spike-layer; and Gyarados is a pain in the tuchus to predict, because it has several sets it can do well. 

That said, I don't play triples often, so I don't really know the competitive scene.  If it came at me cold, I'd probably be lost. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:25:55 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 463