Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672821 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2670 on: January 21, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »

I just got an amusing mental image of a blood covered azumarill chewing on a horribly maimed Ninetails carcass like those old wilderness nature documentaries.

I giggled.  But that probably means I have a messed up imagination.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: January 21, 2014, 08:41:41 pm »

This is a weird tangent to go on, but I require your help in finding a certain Pokemon LP. I could have sworn it was on SA's LP Archive, but it doesn't seem to be there...

Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure it was of either Leaf Green or Fire Red. Main character was a gamer girl, her starter was a Gulpin, and aside from the screenshots I'm pretty sure there was also some pretty good art. If anyone can throw me a link, it would be appreciated.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:24 pm »

This is a weird tangent to go on, but I require your help in finding a certain Pokemon LP. I could have sworn it was on SA's LP Archive, but it doesn't seem to be there...

Anyhoo, I'm pretty sure it was of either Leaf Green or Fire Red. Main character was a gamer girl, her starter was a Gulpin, and aside from the screenshots I'm pretty sure there was also some pretty good art. If anyone can throw me a link, it would be appreciated.
This one?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 21, 2014, 09:04:10 pm »

This one?
THANK YOU.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

Gen 6 gets the super contrary user though, Malamar. Spinda got nothing on that guy.

A lot of the Gen 6 pokemon are actually quite creative (though there's less of them this time). Almost all of them have unique powers and abilities. Even what would normally have been garbage pokemon in other games are actually useful here.

Diggersby has huge power STAB earthquake + STAB quick attack for donkeyballs damage. Can also get belly drum for even more shenanigans.

Talonflame is Talonflame.

Vivillon is the 97.5% accuracy hurricane + quiver dance monster

Etc.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: January 21, 2014, 10:24:43 pm »

I have fallen in love with rhyperior.  I know the smogon site says it's garbage, but it's a rhinoceros with frikkin cannons in its hands!  What is not to like?

(You know, other than it's 3x weakness to grass and water and abysmal sp.def and speed?)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 21, 2014, 10:29:41 pm »

I have fallen in love with rhyperior.  I know the smogon site says it's garbage, but it's a rhinoceros with frikkin cannons in its hands!  What is not to like?

(You know, other than it's 3x weakness to grass and water and abysmal sp.def and speed?)

(4x, not 3x.)

If you can get sticky web support, and maybe paralyse the opponent, then Rhyperior is insane.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »

The one I have has solid rock, which makes super effective less effective. 
It is often paired with my jolteon though, maybe I oughta see how well he rolls a paralysed team.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: January 21, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »

Sticky web really isn't going to help. Rhyperior's speed is 40. One of the lowest in the game.

He's good though. His stone edge and his earthquake are legendary in power. He's actually very potent in 2v2 and 3v3 because he has lightningrod. In those multibattles, guys like Rhyperior and Heatran do very well when sitting behind a substitute. You can even give him weakness policy for even more shenanigans.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:51 pm »

Smogon doesn't really hate it - its speed and spdef are just too low to use. It can make... some... use out of a Rock Polish set, which after one boost puts it at max 392 Speed, enough to outspeed most unboosted pokemon that are not Crobat, Deoxys or similar. It isn't terrible on SpDef, given that its HP can make up for the low SpDef, and a sandstorm pumps that up by 50%, and Solid Rock makes it survive more.

If you face a team that is fast and little else, it's not a bad mon to use, because it can survive most hits they dish out, but it really needs some way of alleviating that bad speed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: January 21, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »

Eeeeh... my current pokemon team doesn't have a single pokemon with speed greater than 95 and it does incredibly well. It's all about how you use it.

If you like the pokemon, I'm sure it'll work somehow. Unless you like Unown or something.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: January 21, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »

let's see... my team that i'm using currently, not counting the ones that aren't in it yet as they're unfinished:

one has 71 speed
one has 80 speed
one has 110 speed
one has 122 speed
one has 105 speed
and the last one has 104 speed

Wow. So my slowest is 71, and my fastest is 122 speed. That's not too bad, in terms of the speed of my party.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: January 21, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

I'm still working out a moveset for him.  Right now he has rock slide, poison jab, protect (haha you can't kill me this turn while my partner blasts you), and earthquake.

Glad to see the general opinion isn't all that bad about it though. :P   It's currently holding a quick claw which gives me the occasional SURPRISE RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL ROCKSLIDE! which has already brought about a couple ragequits.  But I've heard quick claw is kinda poor form.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: January 21, 2014, 11:58:01 pm »

Yeahh... it's pretty stupid. Then again, this is the 3DS version where shit like double-team is fine-diddly-o, so feel free to do what you want.

Rhyperior gets double-team by the way.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: January 22, 2014, 02:22:14 am »

Finally got a Japanese 6IV Ditto. It's breeding passionately with Chimchar now. Matsuda Method, here I come!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 463