Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672964 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2550 on: January 08, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »

Woop! Showdown now updated their random battles with XY pokemon and megaevolutions! No more infinite weather and hello fairy typing.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 09, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

Turns out the fabled boutique discount coupon is actually a real thing, and is going to be distributed via some sort of global link event starting on the 14th
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2552 on: January 10, 2014, 05:32:29 pm »

I've somehow obtained a azurill and a riolu with good I.V.s. Sort of. They have mid-upper 20ies across the board with the exception of a singular stat, which is in the single digits. The crippled I.V. for azurill is health and for riolu is speed. The azurill I got through wonder trade (Looking at its level, it appears to be a random capture that was thrown out there. The donator likely didn't know or care what they sent out.), and the riolu through GTS. Corrective breeding on the way. Only now do I realize how frustrating it is to breed lucario.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to scrap together decent I.V. pokes from the pokemon giveaway subreddit. Minimal success so far, but it appears promising.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »

All baby pokemon have at least two perfect IVs when caught in the wild.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »

I know legendaries are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, didn't know about babies having 2 though. Is that just for 'baby' (ie non-breedable) mons, or anyone capable of using Eviolite?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 10, 2014, 07:30:06 pm »

Actually, I think it's 3 IVs. Let me check.

Yeah. It's three. Here you go: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/in-game-question-do-baby-pokemon-always-have-3-perfect-ivs.3490056/

Basically if you find any of these in the wild in XY, they'll have three IVs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 11, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

Yes, those baby pokemons are awesome, that's how I got my 3IVs Azumarill and Lucario without even realising it. Now I have the 5IVs ones. XD

Just got a Marvel Scale Dratini with ESpeed and DDance, been looking for a while!

Also is anyone here interested in sparring matches? I don't have enough RL friends that play Pokemon.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2558 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:11 pm »

/r/Pokemongiveaway is great. I just got a adamant, huge power, aquajet and bellydrum, 4iv (Likely not perfect, just according to the one iv judge.) marill. Woo. It's great because I suck at breeding.

So far, scrapping together Pokemon from that subreddit is working.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »

I'm always on Showdown.

Call me old school but I take more pleasure playing on wifi. :p

/r/Pokemongiveaway is great.

I shall try this.

On a sidenote, from a giveaway 5IV Marvel Scale Dratini I got only an hour earlier, I hatched a 6IV one. If only it had Mixed Sweeper nature, Thunderbolt would be a good coverage move.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:53 pm »

I'm going to eventually attempt to build my team.

Scrafty has too good of a momentum movepool for me to give up. I've swept OU three times now by dragon-dancing first turn, then mixing Drain Punch and Dual Chop, along with a different move that varied each time. The fourth time, it was toxic-ed after the first turn and managed to off half of the enemy team before succumbing.

It's a fantastic steel and dragon counter.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:47 pm »

Speed, attack, and I'm pretty sure it can learn Ice Punch.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 11, 2014, 11:16:36 pm »

Literally every single fully evolved dragon in the game is faster than Scrafty. Even Goodra is, and Goodra is pretty slow as it is. 58 base speed.

It does get ice punch, but it's a tutor move and thus can't get it in XY. Even ignoring the somewhat meh 90 attack stat and the fact that it isn't a STAB move.

I guess if it has like... 3x stacks of moxie it can probably OHKO dragons with its moveset, but that's kind of a silly point. That's like saying Magikarp is the best as with belly drum it can OHKO Dialga.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 11, 2014, 11:29:45 pm »

Literally every single fully evolved dragon in the game is faster than Scrafty. Even Goodra is, and Goodra is pretty slow as it is. 58 base speed.

It does get ice punch, but it's a tutor move and thus can't get it in XY. Even ignoring the somewhat meh 90 attack stat and the fact that it isn't a STAB move.

I guess if it has like... 3x stacks of moxie it can probably OHKO dragons with its moveset, but that's kind of a silly point. That's like saying Magikarp is the best as with belly drum it can OHKO Dialga.

After setting up, of course. It's got okay defense, and few dragons that aren't Hydreigon tend to carry fighting moves to deal with it. You'd be surprised how fun it is to use.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 463