Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672943 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2565 on: January 12, 2014, 01:12:34 am »

It may be fun, but it's still a really bad dragon counter. I can at least understand the steel counter part. But dragon is very far fetched.

Edit: I'm not saying Scrafty is bad by any means though. Just saying of the many things it's good at doing, killing dragons isn't one of them.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: January 12, 2014, 04:48:01 am »

Farming Blazikenite as we speak. Should've done this earlier since I only have two days to before Torchic Event expires, but got busy with social and work stuff.

It takes about 20 minutes per run and I've been doing this while cooking, ironing, etc., this better be worth it!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:31 am »

Sorry for the double post, but I need your expert opinion.

I am trying to decide which Noivern set I'm going for. This is not for a specific team since I have a roster of about 20 Pokemons with varying roles that I rotate.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 SpDef
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

This is a stall-breaker. Boomburst bypasses Substitute. Draco Meteor and Flamethrower are for coverage. Switcheroo is to give Choice item to the enemy wall, forcing it to switch out.

-OR-

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 SpDef
- Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

This is a special nuker that bypasses Reflect and Substitute. The first three attacking moves are for coverage. I consider 70% accuracy on Hurricane to be too risky. Toxic is there to take advantage of Infiltrator, bypassing Substitute.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: January 12, 2014, 07:54:10 am »

why would the first set run frisk, rather than infiltrator?

just to see what it would switcheroo for? it's usualy easy to tell. Just use infiltrator and switch right through subs
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: January 12, 2014, 08:21:57 am »

why would the first set run frisk, rather than infiltrator?

just to see what it would switcheroo for? it's usualy easy to tell. Just use infiltrator and switch right through subs

Yes, to scout enemy items. This also works for setup sweepers, locking them into boosting moves (e.g. Dragon Dance, Calm Mind).

Boomburst is already bypassing Substitute and it has 140BP. Infiltrator does bypass Light Screen and Reflect too.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: January 12, 2014, 09:42:33 am »

yeah, but switcheroo bypassing subs can be very fun too
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:26 pm »

Alrighty I figure it's about time I posted in this thread for some advice.  I have a tentative team but I haven't done much in the way of IV breeding yet and I want to see what should be improved or swapped out before I start doing it seriously.  As my team is almost entirely made up of pokes designed to win with overwhelming speed and firepower I think I need some advice on mixing it up.

I mostly do triple battles, but I have a friend who loves single and I want the team reasonably competent in those as well.

Spoiler: My current team: (click to show/hide)

So any thoughts on how to make a proper team?  I really love my Zoroark, and my Jolteon, but can live with some move changes on them, and if possible I would like the team to mostly include the same pokes, but I'm expecting to have to make a few cuts.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:44:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2572 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »

Question about PP Up: Does it always raise the PP of a move by 1, or is it proportional to the base PP of the move? There was a character in the game who recommended using it on moves with only a few PP, so that's what I did, but if it raises PP proportionally, then it might be worthwhile using it on other moves, too...
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »

IIRC, no. +1 each time.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: January 12, 2014, 01:39:59 pm »

Bulbpedia claims it raises it by 20%  But I've only ever seen it do +1 myself.

At any rate any move that would come up with more than 1 with a +20% probably has more pp than it will ever use up anyway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: January 12, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »

Alrighty I figure it's about time I posted in this thread for some advice.  I have a tentative team but I haven't done much in the way of IV breeding yet and I want to see what should be improved or swapped out before I start doing it seriously.  As my team is almost entirely made up of pokes designed to win with overwhelming speed and firepower I think I need some advice on mixing it up.

I mostly do triple battles, but I have a friend who loves single and I want the team reasonably competent in those as well.

Spoiler: My current team: (click to show/hide)

So any thoughts on how to make a proper team?  I really love my Zoroark, and my Jolteon, but can live with some move changes on them, and if possible I would like the team to mostly include the same pokes, but I'm expecting to have to make a few cuts.
Your team is extremely weak to earthquake. 3 of them will be killed in one hit by a STAB earthquake.

Other than that you might want to look into replacing all your specialized move boosting items for life orbs or choice items.

Finally, you have too much damage on your team and not enough coverage, let alone status moves and anti-wall moves. Get some support pokemon to round it off. 6 sweepers is too much and you're very easy to wall. Right now, as long as your Talonflame has been defeated, one single Snorlax can destroy your whole team as you wouldn't be able to kill it. Similarly, if you lose your Sceptile, your entire team will lose to a Gliscor. Those are two examples I can think of.

You also have no answer to fairy types to speak of. Dragons can also walk all over you, given the absolute lack of ice, dragon, or fairy attacks.

I'd say get rid of Sceptile and Delphox for now. Replace them with something like Slyveon and Rotom-H or something like that. And give Tyrantum stealth rock.

I hope that helps.

-----------

BuriburiZaemon:

I like the first Noivern. Normally I would run taunt on it, but switcheroo is pretty good too.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 12, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »

So I just won a battle against some guy who was using all legendaries. His lineup:

Mewtwo / Thundurus-T / Tornadus-T / Zygarde / Xerneas / Yveltal

My lineup:

Zoroark / Venusaur-M / Jumpluff / Tyrantrum / Meowstic-M / Greninja

It was a fun win, the moment my Greninja could come in safely, I started to sweep what could have been a bad battle.

Venusaur poisoned and almost KO'd Xerneas, who switched out to Zygarde who managed to KO Venusaur-M, but Jumpluff took care of Zygarde with paralysis and residual damage, healing off the pitiful damage it dished out. Xerneas similarly went down a few turns later to Jumpluff.
Mewtwo was paralysed and KO'd by Meowstic (after screens were set up) and Zoroark, which went remarkably well - while Meowstic got KO'd it took Mewtwo two turns to do so through the Light Screen.

Finally, the moment he sent Tornadus, Thundurus, and Yveltal in was the game loser. No flying pokemon likes taking a Protean STAB Ice Beam from anything. He forfeited when he was down to Tornadus.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 12, 2014, 10:54:00 pm »

Mega Mawile is so good. It can't be poisoned, which often lets it come in versus a setup team, and huge power + it's movepool means the only definite counter is a complete anti-phys one.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 12, 2014, 11:49:35 pm »

*snip*
Excellent exactly what I was looking for, a friend helped me a bit as well having me throw in a mega charizard Y that he helpfully provided a deino for me to get a dragon pulse egg move.  Which has significantly improved my anti dragon capabilities.

I will be giving tyrantrum stealth rock as soon as I access my pokemiles to buy another heart scale, for ice I was considering a milotic or glacion.  I was leaning towards milotic since it's stats appear to indicate it can be more defensive, and that I already have too many offensive pokes.  Thinking maybe ice beam/blizzard, toxic, recover, and something to keep the enemy from switching like wrap. Showdown is saying it can learn whirlpool but my other source says it can't so I guess I'll just see what it learns.

Still no fairy counter yet outside of tyrantrum's piddly poison fang which requires help from something else to make sure he actually gets it off before being moonblasted back into a fossil, but planned improvements!  Yay!

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't even aware life orbs existed. those may be nice. :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:16:47 am by Greiger »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 13, 2014, 12:50:21 am »

No problem. The game is actually ludicrously complicated so feel free to experiment. Your new team seems a lot better too, especially with a Milotic / Glaceon. Hydreigon is also another excellent choice. You might want to consider Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse if you like that sort of thing. Superpower is another good option as you don't seem to have much in the way of fighting moves.

I'm always a fan of very huge movepool pokemon like those guys. It makes them very hard to predict. Toxic is also a great anti-fairy. Most of them work by slowly wearing you down. Toxic will cripple them. Just don't bother using toxic on Clefable as it usually has magic guard.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 463