Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673022 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2475 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:56 pm »

On that note I finally got the game. (Y) Recently beat the fifth gym, and somehow my Pokemon are overleveled by roughly 10 levels.
You kept the Exp. Share on, didn't you?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 27, 2013, 10:30:08 pm »

On that note I finally got the game. (Y) Recently beat the fifth gym, and somehow my Pokemon are overleveled by roughly 10 levels.
That thing is so overpowered. I keep it off, except for when I'm training something really under-leveled.

I wish there was an option for classic Exp. Share behaviour.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:38 pm »

It still sucks for those of us who don't have powergaming time nor the constant ability to calculate potential stats, although I see what you mean. Applying a "unreleased" filter to an in-game check via patch would still mitigate the issue.
You do realize you just reworded my point: a filter against Hacked Pokemon being used online is the way to go here is what I'm saying. However, as they are hacked, they shouldn't be able to breed - remember it's possible to hack IVs too. thus breeding hacked pokemon should be filtered as well.

And yes I feel you about the time-consumption bit, but that's what this is all about: you have to work, hard, for good pokemon, and Nintendo wants to make sure you do.

That thing is so overpowered. I keep it off, except for when I'm training something really under-leveled.

I wish there was an option for classic Exp. Share behaviour.

I haven't noticed it being 'overpowered', but rather it makes things more complicated
Remember: Everything that gets EXP from that particular KO, also gets the EVs from that KO.
Are you seriously going to train 6 Pokemon with the same EV spread? I doubt it. And there's the complication increase.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:06 pm »

I kept it on for my mono-Psychic run. Between that and tons of time spent at the Battle Chateau I had no difficulty with anything except catching Xerneas (kept oneshotting it).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 27, 2013, 10:55:03 pm »

I haven't noticed it being 'overpowered', but rather it makes things more complicated
Remember: Everything that gets EXP from that particular KO, also gets the EVs from that KO.
Are you seriously going to train 6 Pokemon with the same EV spread? I doubt it. And there's the complication increase.
It's overpowered if you're not planning to play competitively. Also, Reset Bags exist.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

I kept it on for my mono-Psychic run. Between that and tons of time spent at the Battle Chateau I had no difficulty with anything except catching Xerneas (kept oneshotting it).
Xerneas has the same capture difficulty as Pidgey. Just throw a quick ball at it or whatever regular balls you want. You don't need to work it down too badly.

Unless you meant getting a Xerneas when you have the other legendaries already, in which case I recommend trading a Tyranitar or another cool looking pokemon for it.

By the way, if I were to rate all the available legendaries right now. Mewtwo and Xerneas would be at the top of the list.

Mewtwo is obvious. It has perfect coverage, stupid damage and stupid speed. Also has recover for more stupidity. I wouldn't even put a mega stone on it as leftovers Mewtwo is far more scary than those two.

Xerneas is just strong as shit. That typing. Monotype fairy. It's so freaking hard to deal with! It's like an ultra powerful Slyveon, something else which is pretty freaking strong in its own right. Very few things can actually challenge a well-trained Xerneas. Oh, and get this. With a white herb it can up its special attack, special defense, and speed by 2x in one turn. So it's basically a legendary with shell smash.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 27, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »

Really? Xerneas ate like 4 quick balls a 20 great balls at 1 hp to catch for me.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »

All the required legendaries in the Pokemon games have pretty easy catch difficulty.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:25 pm »

It still sucks for those of us who don't have powergaming time nor the constant ability to calculate potential stats, although I see what you mean. Applying a "unreleased" filter to an in-game check via patch would still mitigate the issue.
You do realize you just reworded my point: a filter against Hacked Pokemon being used online is the way to go here is what I'm saying. However, as they are hacked, they shouldn't be able to breed - remember it's possible to hack IVs too. thus breeding hacked pokemon should be filtered as well.

And yes I feel you about the time-consumption bit, but that's what this is all about: you have to work, hard, for good pokemon, and Nintendo wants to make sure you do.
Since they've made it a LOT easier to actually reach perfect IVs, I guess I don't have grounds to complain. They've worked to make the game have the right balance of difficulty and accessibility, and there's always Showdown. I've never been that much of a competitive player anyway, so I guess my real fight is with the overpowering meta-crowd, though that's a constant in games. I'd like to be able to confidently use average pokemon.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 28, 2013, 12:20:25 am »

Since they've made it a LOT easier to actually reach perfect IVs, I guess I don't have grounds to complain. They've worked to make the game have the right balance of difficulty and accessibility, and there's always Showdown. I've never been that much of a competitive player anyway, so I guess my real fight is with the overpowering meta-crowd, though that's a constant in games. I'd like to be able to confidently use average pokemon.
Showdown's random mode is very good for playing a diverse set of mons. They change the levels of everything, so legendaries tend to be level 78 while rank 1 evolutions are 99.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 28, 2013, 12:55:15 am »

It's overpowered if you're not planning to play competitively. Also, Reset Bags exist.
What, pray tell, is the drop rate for reset bags? Truthfully we don't know but we do that: Reset bags are -very- Rare.
As in - in my 45+ hours of having super training going, i have gotten only 2 reset bags.
Also - the berry-made juice that resets EVs is also made from hard-to-get berries, so my point still stands.

As for the non-competitive overpower - in a way yes, in a way no. You see the Pokemon on your team all gain Half the EXP, and once you reach say level 75+(higher than anything in-game) across the 6 slots, the EXP yield from trainers, even the champ's lv 60 team in the Chateau, isn't much, So it's easy to get high(er) levels, yeah, but it's father-time's nightmare to get level 100's from say 30s using it, even with a team of 2.
My points this last page of posts are: Pokemon is time consuming: if you've got time to make a Pokemon go from level 1 to 100 in a single day using the X/Y EXP share, EV's not withstanding, I envy your freedom.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:59:11 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 28, 2013, 04:36:20 am »

Reset bags are rather common. It's approximately a 1/10 chance. Make sure you're getting the maximum drop chance by waking up sleeping pokemon and maybe using team flare bags. It's not unusual to get one every minute of tapping at the screen.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 28, 2013, 05:07:52 am »

Re reset bags, you know that Talonflame that you've been using to fly around and always keep in your party for egg hatching? Well mine is constantly happy on Super Training screen (indicated by an exclamation mark) and he gets me random bags all the time, including reset bags. I have been keeping 6 reset bags handy and keep on getting more that I have to discard due to lack of slots.

If genned 'mons continue to go through Pokebanks, I am getting Black 2 or White 2 then!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 28, 2013, 04:07:26 pm »

What, pray tell, is the drop rate for reset bags? Truthfully we don't know but we do that: Reset bags are -very- Rare.
As in - in my 45+ hours of having super training going, i have gotten only 2 reset bags.
Also - the berry-made juice that resets EVs is also made from hard-to-get berries, so my point still stands.

As for the non-competitive overpower - in a way yes, in a way no. You see the Pokemon on your team all gain Half the EXP, and once you reach say level 75+(higher than anything in-game) across the 6 slots, the EXP yield from trainers, even the champ's lv 60 team in the Chateau, isn't much, So it's easy to get high(er) levels, yeah, but it's father-time's nightmare to get level 100's from say 30s using it, even with a team of 2.
My points this last page of posts are: Pokemon is time consuming: if you've got time to make a Pokemon go from level 1 to 100 in a single day using the X/Y EXP share, EV's not withstanding, I envy your freedom.
Yeah, the Exp. Share probably won't get you to Lv. 100. However, in the main game, is there much of a reason to get to Lv. 100?

If you're just going through the game and fighting all of the trainers, the Exp. Share will cause you to be incredibly over-leveled.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: December 28, 2013, 05:54:22 pm »

There are 'mons worth levelling to Level 100 for their ability Pickup. Linoone, Diggersby, and Gourgeist for example. At Level 100, they can randomly get Leftover after battles. Best way of doing this is by battling at the restaurant Le Wow with Exp O-Power active, Lucky Egg as hold item, and triple battle.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 463