Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Whats your opinion on cheaty tactics?  (Read 6069 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your opinion on cheaty tactics?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:00 pm »

Usually I only cheat when I'm trying to test something. Like pump stacks, or trying out a new DF version.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »

I  often set up what I call Danger rooms not sure if my definition is the same as everone elses but...

I consider danger rooms like an "arena" at the entrance to my fort and so I send the military to guard it when seiges come and it makes the battles more unpredictable exiting and !!FUN!!
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 03:43:13 pm »

I  often set up what I call Danger rooms not sure if my definition is the same as everone elses but...

I consider danger rooms like an "arena" at the entrance to my fort and so I send the military to guard it when seiges come and it makes the battles more unpredictable exiting and !!FUN!!
That's a killzone/designated ass whooping area. A danger room is a room with repeating upright training spears on the floor, dwarves dodge/parry/block them and become legendary warriors very quickly.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 05:03:01 pm »

I make danger rooms, though 5x5 or 6x6 in size means that there is a lot more effort and time involved in making all the components (ten training spears per tile). Initial millitia is semi-skilled at embark and trained on defense duty or live prisoners. The danger room is only used to bring new recruits up to speed once the fort is beset by large sieges.
Pages: 1 2 [3]